Economic differences/age diff.

Lady J

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 11:10 pm
Financially speaking, Talk, you are correct. But your reasoning applies to both sexes today, not just to men. Women also like to make their own way in the world and most (at least in more civilized countries) do not rely on just getting married and having a man support her til death do they part anymore.

I think flushd's romance is fabulous! Both for her and for Mr. Wee Bit Older Guy. I think at their ages, everything has the potential to work out wonderfully and flushd? I am so very happy for you and wish you both the very best that life can bring you.

As you mentioned, you are both in no hurry to rush things so it is the perfect time and opportunity for each of you to relax and enjoy and get to know each other. Never underestimate your own value nor try to compare your own accomplishments to his. As enamoured with you as he seems to be, I don't think he really cares. Smile

It's the person that matters, not the wallet nor the degrees nor the status or anything material. If you are both happy with the other, there is nothing that can be said by others that should stop you.

Rejoice in your newfound happiness. You both deserve it methinks. Very Happy
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 11:12 pm
Thanks for that OccomBill. I appreciate it.
It's good to have those extra 'red flags' that i may not have thought of (never dated anyone with so wealthy or experienced in certain areas I'm not so familiar with).
thx
0 Replies

LoveMyFamily

Reply Tue 25 Apr, 2006 11:27 pm
flushd your romance sounds soooo good.

I can't comment on the age difference. But can comment on the economic difference. When I married, I was 21 and a full time student. I was concerned. My husband (27 at that time) was having a fantastic career and was earning great. I was not as concerned about the economic difference as I was about my being dependent on him, financially. But he was the sweetest person ever. He felt I was an academic person, who had great potential. He wanted me to pursue academics even if that meant he would have to shell out some of his savings. In short, he supported me in everything I wanted to do. But not being able to earn was causing me quite some grief and I talked to him. His only response was "Whatever makes you happy"

Now in retrospective, I feel I took the right decision but my fear was way out of proportion and what ever discomforts were caused it was because of me and not because of him.

So it depends on whom you are planning to marry. Give it sometime and try to understand if his being more economically stable will cause you any problems. Every man is different. So this situation will very much depend on how both of you handle it.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2006 10:26 pm
Thank you Lady J and Lovemyfamily! Very Happy
0 Replies

RickJad

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 10:00 am
I was 18 when i met the girl that i was in love with and she was 28. We got along great. There were times that we both forgot the age difference and then would laugh so hard. I do not think age matters.
0 Replies

Jack Webb

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 08:59 pm
flshd, I will jump in here and give you good advice; do your best to land this guy. Lure him, play a little hard to get when necessary but give him anything he asks for that you can. If you haven't already and my guess is you probably have even if you won't admit it here. Yes, I believe you already have given him everything. Well, just keep on with it because in spite of many things you hear contrary, the most important thing for a young beautiful woman such as yourself (Did I say young? You are already 27, 30 is around the corner!) is to land a brute with a respectable income so he can take care of you for the rest of your life. That is, or should be, the only point a woman gets married. Being married is much more preferable than not being married because it eliminates all the nasty things people will think and say about you if you never get married. You have probably said these things about women you already know that haven't landed a brute. Women in their thirties who are still single, never been married are: "funny" and I am being kind when I use that term. I think you know what I mean. Get married girl, worry about "love" later on down the pike. You are getting up there in years.

Well now I know you are very young but there is a possibility that if you have had the decency to graduate from a good university and are objective in your judgments of important things perhaps you can help me here.

I am a romantic who is pushing 70 and I am beginning to see death approaching. I don't want to die alone in this house with my dog; even though the place is nice and cozy and much preferable to one of those damn assisted care centers or heaven forbid a nursing home. Yes I am nearly 70 and I still "get it on" with various women several times a month but non of these women really wish to be married. I need a woman that is partial to, has a penchant for the avant-garde. Preferably a sweetie in her fifties (age is no obstacle) that was anti-war, decadent in the sixties but is healthy today, has all of her teeth and is clean with smooth tannish skin and not obese. Well, as you might guess such a woman is hard enough for me to find in the first place but they are around. The major problem is money. I have a reasonable income but I dare not risk being poor; I am not rich but my income is such that I live pretty high on the hog. I do anything I like and I never need to worry about paying bills. If I bring avant-garde aboard she will need to have her own resources, just like I do. Over the years I have had some babes bunk here for short terms with little more than a suitcase but avant-garde will be here for the duration. I am into music. I would like her to be into some form of art as well. She needs to be decent enough to have graduated from a good university like you. I would like her to have been involved in education or law. An avant-garde woman in either profession would be ideal.

This is the first time I am attempting to do something like this. Since I am a fine gentlemen it worries me because I am used to providing everything for short term women but this would be long term and I simply would not want to spend all the money and risk becoming poor.

How do you think I should approach avant-garde about this. Hitting it off from the start is no problem because I am thoroughly experienced in charming women. Discussing money with a woman is another matter. I have not done that with a woman since my wife left me 18 years ago.

What do you think flshd? (I think I'm a pretty good catch myself.) Cool
0 Replies