MY WORKPLACE SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Chai

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 02:04 pm
no chance of getting back into the special evenets planning?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 02:09 pm
not without seed money....which we don't have... we have one or two events we still do that produce a nice income... we've got two in May that will pay for our daughters car (she's getting her license the day after my birthday in two weeks) but we can't do anything without a giant mailer campaign, yellow pages advertising, supplies and a lot of phone time and face to face meetings... when you have to work constantly to keep the basics paid, there's no time to devote to the phone and face to face work... it's a vicious cycle....
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 02:19 pm
Do you do any wedding receptions? Wedding co-ordinators might do some of the selling for you.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 02:25 pm
I do weddings... the competition is intense in this market but I don't fear that... a booth at a wedding show is over 1500.00 however.... I will probably try to ease back into that come fall.. too late for spring season... and also weddings are on Saturday afternoons and I work retail so you know what that means.... I can take a Saturday occasionally but not regularly...like I say... a vicious cycle.... the inability to capitalize on opportunities is one of the things that keeps the poor poor... I am gaining a forgotten understanding of that... we're not poor but we're not well off as we were and it's going to be a struggle to get back to the standard of living I want for squinney and the cubs and me... but we'll get there somehow....
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 02:43 pm
Chai, I'm in outside software sales. Trying to get into medical devices or equipment though.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 02:44 pm
medical devices... is that what you're calling them today?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 04:55 pm
Get outta there, Bear. That's not a store, it's a sweatshop.

Glad you're looking for something else. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 05:27 pm
Sounds like you'd be better off selling cars. Except the hours are probably even much worse.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 05:34 pm
Bear,

I will get you when Eva's not protecting you.

<scary slanty eyes>
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 06:06 pm
Aside to Slappy -- go for medical equipment. My friend is a medical equipment repairperson/calibrator and he hears that the day is coming when they won't be repaired, just replaced. You'll be in gravy with re-orders!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 06:36 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Sounds like you'd be better off selling cars. Except the hours are probably even much worse.

can't hang with the hours. If I didn't get out a few days a week and play I'd lose my mind and jump off a building....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 06:48 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Chai, I'm in outside software sales. Trying to get into medical devices or equipment though.

Last week I ordered an $80,000 reverse osmosis system, and $182,000 worth of dialysis machines, and that's for a small little clinic that's going up, only 12 chairs. Large facilities are 30 chairs and we have one that's I think 60 chairs.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 07:03 am
Well folks I got two other job offers and l may have a couple of opportunities brewing to start my events business back up, I'm starting to play out again with regularity.... SO I QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

squinney is totally supportive of it or I wouldn't have done it.

I have another job to go to next week and extra playing money coming in so I decided to treat myself and not finish out the weekend... I'm going to the gym, going to deliver a couple of moonwalks for a friend of mine (for a fee of course) and play tonight then sleep in tomorrow.

OORAH!!!!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 07:17 am
I have more respect for you now that you've quit your job.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 07:22 am
I'm glad to hear that things are going in a more bearlike way.

Good on ya.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 07:40 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I have more respect for you now that you've quit your job.

I appreciate that Gus but honestly... your sincerity is dripping on me and making a real mess.... :wink:
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 07:54 am
Oy. Good luck Bear, I hope all goes well for you.

If you acrt like a gentlebeing, I will even let you touch my lucky rabbit foot.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 10:24 am
That's good to hear, Bear..
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 10:35 am
Just found this and am very happy for you, Bear. There's nothing worse than being stuck in a job you hate.

Kick ass :-D
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 10:44 am
Way to go bear. Follow your heart.
0 Replies