MY WORKPLACE SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Eva

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 10:11 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
I'm glad to have you to stick up for me Eva... that lash is a mean one and I'm pretty timid as you know.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cut the timid act and get out there and sell something, then!! People wouldn't be walking through the door if they didn't need couches, y'know.

Oh. They're not walking through the door?

I think I see the problem. :wink:
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 10:13 am
I think it's called a ...FILF
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 10:25 am
I'm a very good salesperson. I've made a lot of money doing it. Salespeople are not beggars, nor are they deceptive or manipulative or any of the horrible things you attribute to them, not all of them anyway. I just happen to hate where I am. And I don't know any sales professionals who make close to minimum wage.

There's nothing wrong with sales, and it's definitely NOT begging. Selling is about fulfilling needs and/or desires. It's tough when you have no walk-ins and 25 "associates" working the floor. There is no opportunity in an environment as such. If you're going to be in sales, it would seem you might try to find something associated with music, instruments, or some such. Something that you would enjoy as well as make money at the same time. I'm fortunate that I do something that allows me to play while making extremely good money. Although I am highly skilled, there is still a certain amout of sales associated with it, even though it is technical.

Get something that's going to put a smile on your face Bear, life is too short! Believe me, you have to be happy while you're living it or you are just marking time until you die! Be happy you have your health and your strength back so that you CAN do something you like/love to do. Use it my friend, use it!!

Anon
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 10:32 am
Eva wrote:
I'm glad to have you to stick up for me Eva... that lash is a mean one and I'm pretty timid as you know.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Cut the timid act and get out there and sell something, then!! People wouldn't be walking through the door if they didn't need couches, y'know.

Oh. They're not walking through the door?

I think I see the problem. :wink:

they pay 10.00 an hour... nothing over forty hours. Twice I've spent more than 40 hours there and they just cut your hours at 40 and don't pay the overtime.

The first 50k you sell belongs to the house to "cover" your salary... but they say it's not a draw, and that amounts to a 3.2% commision. At 50,001 you get 2% up to 60K not 2 % of everything but 2% of that 10K.

In other words if I sell 50k I get 1600.00 for the month. If I sell 60k I get 1800.00. If we sell the extended protection program we get an extra 20% spiff but only when it delivers and they have to redeliver well over half of the merchandise because of damage. I've been there since mid Feb and haven't received any spiff pay yet and I've sold several thousand.....

F**k that. They also have more rules and regulations and they run the place like a minimum wage hosiery mill.

They have the floor flooded with 25 sales people and no up system. Strictly a free for all. No splitting of or protecting your customers. If my be back comes on Monday that I spent 4 hours with on Saturday and someone takes 3 minutes to write them up I lose the sale. It's Wal Mart. This guy is the ONLY ******* franchisee owner in the USA who doesn't just pay the industry 5% across the board.

The other day they were sending people home for not carrying the proper notebook around and not clocking out for their breaks for God's sake. What am I, 13? We were closed yesterday for Easter but he doesn't pay Holiday pay. We have to buy our own business cards. Now that it's summer we were informed that instead of the blue logo oxford shirts they want us to wear polos and we have to buy them. This place is unbelievable.

So you see it's not sales... it's this place. I'm looking elsewhere believe me. And oh yeah Eva, traffic is not good enough to warrant such a huge staff. PS I'm not the only one disgruntled in fact, there's only one or two who aren't disgruntled.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 10:35 am
Anon-Voter wrote:
I'm fortunate that I do something that allows me to play while making extremely good money. Although I am highly skilled, there is still a certain amout of sales associated with it, even though it is technical.

Anon

How's the streetwalking biz Anon? Laughing
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 11:35 am
cjhsa wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:
I'm fortunate that I do something that allows me to play while making extremely good money. Although I am highly skilled, there is still a certain amout of sales associated with it, even though it is technical.

Anon

How's the streetwalking biz Anon? Laughing

Great! Exactly what are you interested in??

Anon
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 11:38 am
I can't buy what I want because it's free.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 11:39 am
cjhsa wrote:
I can't buy what I want because it's free.

You don't know what you're missing! Don't knock it if you haven't bought it :wink:

Anon
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 12:14 pm
you know those catchy guitar hooks...you'd do well in a music store...it'd be more interesting...no?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 12:28 pm
panzade wrote:
you know those catchy guitar hooks...you'd do well in a music store...it'd be more interesting...no?

no money...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 12:39 pm
I've run out of ideas....wait!
Ask squinney to take one for the team and start bangin a rich ol' broad Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 12:43 pm
uh... squinney would have to be bangin' a rich old guy... and she won't do that Im pretty sure... she's already banging a formerly rich old Bear who's now broke....
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 12:46 pm
uh... squinney would have to be bangin' a rich old guy... and she won't do that Im pretty sure...

Ya never know til you ask :wink:
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 12:53 pm
uh... squinney would have to be bangin' a rich old guy... and she won't do that Im pretty sure... she's already banging a formerly rich old Bear who's now broke....

Make guitars!

Anon
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 12:54 pm
Hey bear...I'm just f***in with you and your honey....I love ya both...

I started a home business...making window screens...here in my town people were waiting 3 months to have them made. I charge $25 a screen...no matter what size...parts cost about $8 a screen and it takes about 35 minutes to make one...you do the math.

Is there any kind of business you could run out of your home?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 01:33 pm
Retail does suck. But it's not sales in general. Lash is so off the mark it's not even funny. There's a salesforce in pretty much any company, any field, any industry. Like any job, you can get stuck in a shitty situation, a great one, or somewhere in between.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 01:35 pm
Okay, Bear. Here's another one. You can sell, you know about bands, so what's the chances of breaking into the booking field?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 01:37 pm
You should try becoming a urinal cake salesman. People always have to take a piss.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 01:58 pm
What do you sell Slappy?

BVT - What else have you done?

2 questions I've always wanted to ask.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 02:01 pm
I owned a sucessful special events company for many years... last years illness buried it.....

Touring musician... restaurant management, furniture sales...
0 Replies