I'm now a temporary conservative.

fishin

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:20 pm
I think I'll play "Temporary Liberal" tomorrow! Very Happy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:24 pm
Conservative Craven has a point. After all, the Constitution does not specifically say we cannot pray in school or hang up the ten commandments in our courhouses. It is the liberals and their communist counterparts, infiltrating the fabric of society, fighting so hard to keep us from worshipping God in the old fashioned Christian ways. Nobody is forcing anybody to pray. We all have a right to keep silent as the decent in our society pray along with the voice coming in over the loudspeaker. We are a free society, and as such have every right to pray in public.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:24 pm
Oh come on fishin, play today. No liberal I know would postpone gratification and fun like that.

Come on, you must live a little to be liberal.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:27 pm
Well Lola, I would but... Someone might be offended.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:30 pm
Forget being offensive..........liberals bring offensive to a new level of fine art.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:33 pm
edgar - actually, I got in trouble for not taking the moment of prayer seriously in my public high school.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:41 pm
Craven-did you actually take offense? Or was that a mere liberal ploy, you know, if you havent anything intelligent to say... take offense.
It deflects away from the vapid non intellectually based opinions(at least for the moment). Try having some fACTS at your side. Like the constitution and the interpretation of the "separation...' by the USSC.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:41 pm
I refused to say the Pledge of Allegience for a week. In fifth grade. One day, I just felt silly, standing up with 29 other people, and reciting a mantra with my hand over my heart.

The first day, my teacher stared at me. The next day, a couple of other teachers came in and stared at me with her.

After a week of my odd exercise, I decided I didn't really have a reason to not say it--so I started saying it again. I think everybody goes through phases like that.

Anybody noticed our liberal to conservative ratio? Would the libs prefer no conservatives in the politics threads? I think I'm the only one left, and I don't go there that much. (No, there's at least one more, not counting Conservative Craven...)
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:43 pm
ooh! oooh! This is fun! I'm considering being "Temporary white guy".
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:45 pm
actually i would like to see some conservatives, i have a few questions i would like to ask.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:47 pm
I would not prefer there to be no conservatives on here in the political threads or otherwise. I just don't like the bashing - that's why I rarely go in there any more.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:48 pm
Go for it, snood.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:50 pm
I was hoping Timber had just gone on vacation or something... Can anyone account for his absence? Did he relinquish the Political board? Remember George OB1? What happened?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:50 pm
By the way, snood, you keep getting handsomer and handsomer!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:53 pm
timber hasn't posted since may 3rd!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:54 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
It is the liberals and their communist counterparts, infiltrating the fabric of society, fighting so hard to keep us from worshipping God in the old fashioned Christian ways. Nobody is forcing anybody to pray.

Reallly? Evil or Very Mad

In your role as devil's advocate, edgar, you seem to be standing on your little forked tail.

Nobody is forcing anybody not to pray, either, which would be religious prosecution, just for openers.

Freedom of religion, which is one of the things this nation was founded upon, also means, for those of us without a sanctioned Nebulous Cloud Being, freedom from religion.

So....anybody who wants to: go right ahead and pray yourself into a frenzy, a good safe distance away from me, and without the roof of any taxpayer-funded buildings over your head.

Don't force me or anyone else to endure your little psychological indoctrination ritual. And I won't force you to endure mine. Deal?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:56 pm
wish I could think of the words or feelings I have about this right now other than - this topic sucks!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:56 pm
PDiddie - what's yours? Just curious.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 08:59 pm
timber hasn't posted since may 3rd!
----------------------
I thought it had been about a week. Hope all is well with him.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 09:00 pm
Husker - why?
0 Replies