Could Gore have f*cked us anywhere near as bad as Bush has?

glitterbag

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 12:22 pm
During an interview by a reporter from one of the networks, Bush was asked if he consulted with his father regarding the move into Iraq. Bush collected his thoughts and said, Well that was the wrong father to ask. This statement led some people to believe he was consulting with God the Father before the invasion. This is not necessarily a big jump to make. I'm beginning to think Bush would have made a fairly good minister, but has a difficult time being a successful elected official.

Probably most of our Presidents found themselves in prayer over difficult desicions, and during hard times. I think that is probably what most people do when they are deeply troubled. But elected officials usually also seek out the advice of others with experience in matters. I'm glad the President prays for the country, I just wish he didn't assume that was all he had to do. God helps those who help themselves.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 12:48 pm
Doesn't this just bring a tear to your eye??

http://www.abuzz.us/

Anon
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 02:17 pm
Yikes, Anon. That was awful!
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 02:46 pm
Why Anon? Why? and on a Saturday morning. Mad
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 04:36 pm
Anon -- lay off the bloody marys.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 02:00 am
The Heartland has no use for Liberals (as represented by the preceding A2K posters) because they consistently sneer at any and all representations of faith or patriotism.

I, on the other hand, have no use for Liberals (as represented by the preceding A2K posters) because they consistently act like childish brats, drawing mustaches on each and every Heartland portrait they find. It isn't your ideology that repulses me it's your childish superficiality.

How pathetic a dose of psychic juice do y'all score by holding hands and making fun of a group of your fellow citizens?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 02:14 am
Then the Heartland requires a brain.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 07:07 am
Quote:
It isn't your ideology that repulses me it's your childish superficiality.

How pathetic a dose of psychic juice do y'all score by holding hands and making fun of a group of your fellow citizens?

And of course you conservatives would never stoop that low.

I suggest you look at some of your heros; Rush, Savage and O'Reilly.

And, of course, there's Ann Coulter
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 08:05 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
I, on the other hand, have no use for Liberals (as represented by the preceding A2K posters) because they consistently act like childish brats...

Well sir, you sure showed them! Allow me to respond by emulating one of your heros, who clearly never acts like a "childish brat"... Mr. Bill O'Reilly:

SHUT UP! YOU SHUT UP, OR I'LL CUT YOUR MIC! Laughing

If you ask nicely, I might do the "Coulter crazy bitch" dance for you as well...

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9573/crazybitch3sn.gif
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 08:20 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
The Heartland has no use for Liberals (as represented by the preceding A2K posters) because they consistently sneer at any and all representations of faith or patriotism.

I, on the other hand, have no use for Liberals (as represented by the preceding A2K posters) because they consistently act like childish brats, drawing mustaches on each and every Heartland portrait they find. It isn't your ideology that repulses me it's your childish superficiality.

So, you think we should all change to be snotty, stuck up, inconsiderate, stuffy, know it all war mongers like yourself?
You're nothing more than a miserable bully who is no different from the bullies I went to school with, but I suppose misery loves company!

No thanks, I'll pass!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 08:23 am
I stand humbled and chastened in the light of Finn's righteousness....
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 08:53 am
OK, just which one of you upset Finn? I'm waiting, no one leaves the room until I find out which one of you ticked him off.

Hold the phone, it could have been me. I used the word prayer in an earlier post. Was that a code word for heathen? It's really sad that some people are convinced that others have no faith in God. In this country (at least for the time being) people can worship as they choose. Or not. It's also sad that folks believe that strong faith only exists in a handful of states.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 09:03 am
Finn
You seem to think Liberals all act like childish brats, so I'd like to share a story with our readers about your mature ways.

Once upon a time, over 6 years ago back when many of us were living in the land of Abuzz, there was this member named Gezzy (me) and one named Finn.
Now Gezzy was a friendly gal who never liked to stir up trouble, unfortunately there was this Finn dude who didn't like me (for reasons still unknown to me) and he liked picking on me.
It use to hurt my feelings and I wondered why this Finn person didn't like me.
Either way, I didn't like the way Finn treated me, so I did everything in my power to avoid this mean Finn person.
Unfortunately, mean Finn always found me and made a point of sticking it to me.
Over time, those hurt feelings turned into anger and here we are over 6 years later and he still picks on me.
Anyway, if that isn't childish, I don't know what is.

By the way Finn, I won't be taking any more of your **** because I'm no longer anyones doormat!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 09:25 am
Montana, I remember gezzy, I liked that name. Did you change it in order to escape the trolls? I agree that it's troubling when someone follows you around using anything and everything to be insulting. I have lost my temper several times on this forum, and I always regret it. I'm not sorry for the things I have said, just that I said them in anger. I've had other poster's send me PM's to offer me encouragement, which was really very nice. People don't always have to be in agreement in order to be agreeable. Unfortunately, some folks take this site way too seriously and develop strong dislikes on other posters, and wind up not even being able to agree on the time of day. Reminds me of CNN's Crossfire. Everyone just shouted at each other, kept getting off topic, and the viewer wound up watching a nighttime version of the Jerry Springer show, only this time the "debate team" wore nice clothes.

Hope you have a good holiday, and the rest of the day is peaceful.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 09:25 am
Montana, I remember gezzy, I liked that name. Did you change it in order to escape the trolls? I agree that it's troubling when someone follows you around using anything and everything to be insulting. I have lost my temper several times on this forum, and I always regret it. I'm not sorry for the things I have said, just that I said them in anger. I've had other poster's send me PM's to offer me encouragement, which was really very nice. People don't always have to be in agreement in order to be agreeable. Unfortunately, some folks take this site way too seriously and develop strong dislikes on other posters, and wind up not even being able to agree on the time of day. Reminds me of CNN's Crossfire. Everyone just shouted at each other, kept getting off topic, and the viewer wound up watching a nighttime version of the Jerry Springer show, only this time the "debate team" wore nice clothes.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 09:28 am
Didn't mean to post twice, my computer got hung up for some reason and is very slow right now.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 10:03 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/933/eb906b8c3kr.jpg
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 10:10 am
Go get em Montana; yea woman.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 10:36 am
glitterbag wrote:

I did change my name origionally because some creepy person was following me around, but it wasn't because of mean Finn ;-)
Gezzy has been my nick name since I was 13 and I felt I had outgrown it anyway.
Since I had problems with bullies in school, I have major issues with people who pick on me.
I don't know what the hell Finn's problem is with me, but I am determined to get him off me!

Don't think I ever met anyone so full of themselves, I mean really!

Can you tell I'm mad? Laughing

Thanks for the good wishes glitterbag and right back at ya. I guess I picked a bad day to let it rip, eh
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 11:27 am
Montana,
I gotta ask...

How did you get a nickname like Gezzy?
0 Replies