Could Gore have f*cked us anywhere near as bad as Bush has?

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 11:59 am
Just think about it. What if Gore had won back in 2000? It was so close. Just a few thousand votes. Decided by one vote on the SC. Imagine if it had gone the other way? Would we have signed the Kyoto treaty? Would this whole intelligent design idiocy be given the legitimacy this fool has given it? Would we have over 2000 troops dead in Iraq? Would we have wasted our time in Iraq at all?

We will be paying for the 2000 election results for years to come. What a complete f*ck up our president is.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,783 • Replies: 196
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 12:01 pm
And it's not over yet..
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 12:02 pm
Decades ... to come!!

Anon
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 12:03 pm
sad part, is that it has taken the last 6 years for some people to see how bad bush is..
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 12:09 pm
to answer your question ...IMHO... no. not even close.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 12:10 pm
I know, we shot ourselves in the ass literally by electing the fool.

But doesn't it say something about the public when they vote and then re-elect a fool rather than give the leadership to those talk-out-of-both-sides-of-their-mouths slick politicians? People are just so sick of those snooty ass-wipes that they voted for a Texas-boy who doesn't quite get it.

Unfortunately it's akin to cutting off ones own nose to spite ones face. The cure was worse than the disease!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 12:10 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
sad part, is that it has taken the last 6 years for some people to see how bad bush is..

and many never will... even sadder... but he'll be gone soon(but not soon enough) and that's good news at least....
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 12:13 pm
Heeven wrote:
I know, we shot ourselves in the ass literally by electing the fool.

But doesn't it say something about the public when they vote and then re-elect a fool rather than give the leadership to those talk-out-of-both-sides-of-their-mouths slick politicians? People are just so sick of those snooty ass-wipes that they voted for a Texas-boy who doesn't quite get it.

Unfortunately it's akin to cutting off ones own nose to spite ones face. The cure was worse than the disease!

Now they get to pay the well deserved price of their stupidity!

Anon
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 12:15 pm
At least Gore would have taken us out to dinner first and then probably some place with clean sheets.

It's the being dragged into the dirty alley that really gets to me.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 01:58 pm
It will take decades to repair the damage that the misbegotten SOB religious phony has wrought. Lets hope that before he fades into oblivion he does not start any more wars.
IMO he is today's most evil and dangerous national leader.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 02:02 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:

Pity the selection is so limited that a poor choice is inevitable.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 02:05 pm
No Gore couldn't have *****ed the US of A as bad as Bush because the republican congress would have stopped him. Interesting thought yes?
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 02:10 pm
It's funny; a friend and I were talking about this last night. We discussed how the media made Gore out to be some kind of buffoon, stiff and boring, while Bush was portrayed as likable and down to earth.

What a load of crap, but people bought it. Bush likable? Gore stiff? Gore happens to be a dynamic speaker, something no one would accuse Bush of...
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 02:10 pm
dyslexia wrote:
No Gore couldn't have *****ed the US of A as bad as Bush because the republican congress would have stopped him. Interesting thought yes?

Yup.

(and be sure to check my follow up thoughts too)
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 02:13 pm
Heeven wrote:
Anon-Voter wrote:

Pity the selection is so limited that a poor choice is inevitable.

Pity the most destructive insane choice was made! You get what you pay for! Now pay indeed you will!!

Anon
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 02:26 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
Bush likable?

Actually he is. Nobody really seems to know why but he is.

D'artagnan wrote:
Gore stiff? Gore happens to be a dynamic speaker, something no one would accuse Bush of...

Gore was most definitely stiff back in 2000 and even he made fun of it at times. Strangely he loosened up after he pulled away from being a politician. Dynamic speaker? Gore? Maybe in some alternative universe somewhere. He is bland. Mediocre on a good day. Bush knows how to speak to people. Maybe it's as simple as that. Gore played the I am going to save you all with my magnificent magic lock-box (talk about being an idiot) and failed to connect with the people. So what did the nitwit Democrats do? They rolled out scowling John Kerry. I give the Democrats credit for one thing...they are on a roll for losing Presidential elections. Mark my words, they do not stand a chance in 2008. Why? Bush and Republicans are currently at the low point, this gives them a solid two years to get out of any current jams and find ways to win another election. Keep in mind how fast and far Bush the First fell after he his declarations of attack on Saddam Hussein. In under two years time he went from a high level of approval to scraping the bottom of the barrel which as you know got Bill Clinton into office.

The Democrats will most likely pick up some mid-term election seats; but, after 2 years they will have failed to make the progress they promised. In 2008 the power will shift even more heavily into the Republican venue and another Republican is elected President.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 02:32 pm
Sturgis wrote:
In 2008 the power will shift even more heavily into the Republican venue and another Republican is elected President.

And that flushing sound you hear will empty what's left in the bowl, to the betterment of the world!

Anon
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 02:35 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
It's funny; a friend and I were talking about this last night. We discussed how the media made Gore out to be some kind of buffoon, stiff and boring, while Bush was portrayed as likable and down to earth.

when you have the kind of money and power the Bush family does, you can pay the media to say anything
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 02:40 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
Pity the most destructive insane choice was made! You get what you pay for! Now pay indeed you will!!Anon

The whole country is paying, not just the idiots who hired an idiot.
I'll be interested to see who comes next.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2006 02:50 pm
Heeven wrote:

..who comes next.

Condi Rice and Donny Rumsfield or maybe we can get Karl Rove to run with a side of Rush Limbaugh. I believe the American public is ready for this new approach to politics in the 21st century.
0 Replies