Dinner tonight - or last night.

jcboy

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2020 02:45 pm
@glitterbag,
Me too, I found them on sale and bought a couple pounds.
jcboy

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2020 03:23 pm
@jcboy,
I went to the market this morning and bought some mahi mahi for tonight, having it with rice and roasted brussels sprouts with garlic. I also bought some baby back ribs to grill on Saturday for the 4th of July. Having it with corn on the cob, baked beans and a homemade potato salad. I will slow bake the ribs then put them on the grill.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2020 03:03 pm
I love Spinach and Artichokes. Might have to give this recipe a try this weekend!

Spinach Artichoke Chicken

Quote:
ngredients
2 tablespoons salted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 thin-cut chicken breasts (chicken cutlets)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Two 8-ounce jars quartered artichokes, drained
3/4 cup white wine
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated Parmesan
One 4-ounce jar diced pimientos, drained
3 cups baby spinach
1/2 lemon, juiced
Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
Warm bread, for serving

Directions

Heat the butter and olive oil together in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, then add them to the skillet. Cook until nicely browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and stir until slightly softened, about 30 seconds, then add the artichokes and cook, stirring, until the artichokes are hot and the onions are translucent, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in the wine and stir, then add the cream and more black pepper, if desired, then stir again. Let the sauce come to a simmer, then add the Parmesan and cook for a minute to thicken.
Add the pimientos, spinach and lemon juice, then stir until the spinach has wilted, for a minute or so. Nestle the chicken back into the skillet, spooning a little sauce over the top. Garnish with torn basil leaves and serve with warm bread.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2020 03:28 pm
@jcboy,
If you do go through with it, pictures please.
jcboy

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 04:58 pm
@InfraBlue,
The recipe looked so good I decided to make it last night. The only thing I changed was I used a white onion and not the red one. Not fond of red onions. I decided to service the chicken and sauce over a bed of angel hair pasta, it was a hit with the kids, they loved it! For the white whine I used pinot grigio because that's what we had in the house, the Puerto Rican likes it, I'd probably try a different white whine next time.

https://i.ibb.co/Cbtt30Z/IMG-E2187.jpg
chai2

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 05:49 pm
@jcboy,
Very pretty
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 06:23 pm
Made hamburgers - no fries.
farmerman

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 06:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
we make sweet tater fries goo--oood
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 06:55 pm
@farmerman,
They are good. I just didn't want fries today.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 08:09 pm
@jcboy,
hoow far from Vaccaville are you? they have all kinds a fresh artichokes there all year round. We used to make a version of that same dish and added some dried mushrooms and a bit of sherry to the suace(A dry sherry with the flavorings) otherwise its pretty much the same except for the spinach. I wont eat wilted spinach so we only use it in caeser salads as a badda bing.
jcboy

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2020 06:37 am
@farmerman,
I've been there before, fields of artichokes. It's northern CA, pretty far from us.
jcboy

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 03:47 pm
@jcboy,
Tonight we’re ordering Chinese take out. I went to the market yesterday and they had a good sale on raw shrimp so I made shrimp scampi over angel hair pasta and a side of broccoli. I also brought a carrot cake for dessert. The kids were so stuffed they couldn’t move for an hour.

https://i.ibb.co/b60cZg8/s.jpg
chai2

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2020 11:12 pm
@jcboy,
That carrot cake will do you in man.
jcboy

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2020 05:54 pm
@chai2,
Yes it will but it's so good Razz

Yesterday I made beef bouguignon, followed Julie Child's recipe, delicious!

https://i.ibb.co/wMQFCYL/IMG-E2195.jpg

Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon

chai2

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2020 08:27 pm
@jcboy,
The market I go to makes chef prepared multiple person size meals, most of them are really good.
Well, I'm sure all of them are, but some are not to my personal taste.

Anyway, one of their best things is the beef bouguignon. Heat up 20 minutes in the oven and done.
When they have it, it goes fast. Chatting with other shoppers over the food case, it's agreed by all to be delish.

Apologies to Julia.

PS - It's one of those things where whoever is preparing (heating up) the meal should tranfer the food onto a serving platter, speckle some flour and the gravy over your apron, flick some water over your face to show how hard you worked, and walk out to the table carrying it with a exhausted sigh saying "It's worth it because I love you all so much"

https://media1.tenor.com/images/c1042ae9bda6b8787055d0c08bfe94fe/tenor.gif?itemid=7445491

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 27 Jul, 2020 09:26 pm
@chai2,
My wife served the 2 pc. kentucky fried chicken with the fix'ns.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 23 Nov, 2021 08:46 pm
Tonight would be good, what's on the menu?
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2021 12:53 pm
There’s this expensive restaurant in town, I was looking at their menu online and saw an entre called Steak Oscar. They wanted 80 bucks just for the steak and the sides were separate. I decided to make it myself.

Filet mignon over asparagus, lumped crab meat and bernaise sauce on top.

https://www.linkpicture.com/q/steakoscar.jpg
izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2021 01:02 pm
@jcboy,
I drove through Salisbury today, one thing you can't get in Salisbury is Salisbury steak.

I don't know where it comes from, but it's not here.
jcboy

Reply Sun 12 Dec, 2021 01:05 pm
@izzythepush,
Too bad, I love Salisbury steak Razz