Dinner tonight - or last night.

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2024 09:02 pm
@jcboy,
Do the kids eat all of your creations? It sounds delicious, but kids can be pretty picky.

Chicken breasts can get quite dry and hard, I usually buy chicken thighs, they're much more flavorful and tender.
jcboy

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2024 08:19 am
@CalamityJane,
You’re right, chicken thighs are the way to go. I’ve bought chicken beast before and they were like rubber! The kids like just about everything I cook. I remember when they didn’t like Brussels sprouts until I found this recipe and roasted them in a Lemon Parmesan dressing. They ate them up.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 30 Jan, 2024 08:17 pm
@jcboy,
You're a good Mom!
I use Parmesan on Brussels sprouts too and some balsamic glaze in the end.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2024 11:47 am
@CalamityJane,
I parboil them then roast them in the oven with salt pepper and butter for about 5 minutes.
jcboy

Reply Wed 31 Jan, 2024 01:00 pm
@izzythepush,
One time I boiled them and then made my own cheese sauce from a recipe I found online. Of course kids always love cheese sauce.

I don’t have to cook tonight. Last time I made chicken and Cajun sausage gumbo I made such a large pot I froze some of it, so it’s defrosting now and all I have to do is make the rice.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2024 02:57 am
@jcboy,
Apart from a friend, who was a chef, teaching me tomake lasagne, I've not had any cooking lessons at all, not even at school.

I'm all self taught.

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2024 04:33 pm
@izzythepush,
Me too! When I was just married, I burned so many meals. oh my! We were living in a high rise in NYC where the stench permeated through 2 floors and the entire hallway.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2024 03:16 am
@CalamityJane,
I read a lot of cookbooks and watched a lot of shows.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2024 09:22 am
I took a cooking class for two months, the lady was a retired Chef from New York, I decided to take the class after I decided to make hard boiled eggs in the microwave, don't ever try that Razz
glitterbag

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2024 11:24 pm
@jcboy,
My microwave is starting to die.....it works most of the time, but when it's on a self-declared break, it stinks.

Time to buy another one, sighhhhhhh.......I hate shopping for appliances.
0 Replies