Dinner tonight - or last night.

ehBeth

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 09:29 am
Last night was ribs and fully loaded baked potato soup from the deli counter. They make fantastic soups at that store.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 10:14 am
trying to figure out a from scratch soup version of green bean casserole

I had green bean casserole for the first time in my late 40's and loved it - don't care if it's all stuff from cans. really.

but ... I think I'd really like it as a soup (that isn't made from a soup Smile )
ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2018 08:06 pm
@ehBeth,
chicken/rice/carrot/butternut squash soup

well, sort of soup - I got a bit over-enthusiastic when I tossed the rice into the pot

whatever this is - stoup? it's tasty
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2018 07:00 pm
braised beef ravioli in a mushroom/veggie sauce

I threw the last of the pork roast in there to heat it up - so braised beef ravioli with pulled pork? all round it was tasty

I love it when I go to Adonis with K. It's a giant middle-Eastern grocery store. Great foods and an amazing hot lunch counter. I had about 1/2 of a slice of chicken shwarma pizza and part of a triple cheese bun for lunch today. Beyond delicious. The olives on that pizza were perfection. I picked some off my pizza slice to eat with the triple cheese bun. That bun was hot and oooooey gooooey goodness.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2018 07:44 pm
Pork loin, Brussels sprouts, sweet potato & butter, raw green beans, raw tomato.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 03:26 pm
chicken dogs
chicken bacon
poutine sauce
jalapeno cheddar

considering adding a veggie
mebbe

kind of just want my bacon cheese dawgs
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2019 03:31 pm
@ehBeth,
Jack pepper cheese for snacking. Bought some lasagna at Trader Joes for tonight's dinner.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2019 03:04 pm
Dinner tonight will be a roasted chicken, potatoes and brussel sprouts.

Last night the Rican and I went out to one of our favorite Italian restaurants. We both had a salad, I had the veal marsala and the Rican had the chicken marsala.

https://i.ibb.co/Qf18QJj/IMG-1445.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/xHvJN5X/IMG-1446.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2019 05:20 pm
one of my swim buddies made us a Vietnamese curry sauce for a lunar New Year gift. I used it to marinate some beautiful pork. Then ran the pork through an egg wash and then crushed rusks. Sauteed the pork. Had pork and boiled red skin taters that I dipped in the egg wash and threw in the pan for the final few minutes of preparing the pork. Greek salad on the side. May makes goooood curry sauce.
chai2

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2019 06:15 pm
@ehBeth,
Sambal pork with carmelized onion and peas.

https://www.templeofthai.com/images/products/x5532300192.jpg.pagespeed.ic.80_8yIvwRn.jpg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2019 08:51 pm
Our son made kimchi stew. It was very good!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2019 07:38 pm
We’re ordering take out tonight, Chinese food from our favorite Chinese restaurant in town.

Last night I made spinach cheese stuffed flank steak rolls, brussel sprouts and rice. Not bad.

https://i.ibb.co/0QVqhDt/IMG-1454.jpg
alex240101

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2019 03:29 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy, the flank steak looks delicious.

Thirty five minute split pea soup made in a pressure cooker. And crusty italian bread with butter.
0 Replies

Rasha1

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2019 03:53 am
@msolga,
Gooood
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 10:18 pm
Had a box of dehydrated potato Au-Gratin potatoes. Took that and equal parts water milk and Mexican crema.....chopped into that some salami and raw onions and added French butter. Cooked. Covered with two slices of swiss cheese and red pepper flakes.

10/10
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 10:19 pm
Kielbasa and German Kraut old school, with fresh corn and French Butter along with Nature Seasoning from Morton.

Have not had this in 20 years...It was standard in 1960/1970's Rockford Il.

10/10
farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 11:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
German Kraut. Is it the one made with apples or apple sauce in there??
I like my saurkraut a little appley sweet

Smoke my kielbasa twice.
farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 11:28 pm
a dish of "Mortgage Lifter" tomatoes with a bit of garlic in a aged Balsamic spritz .Tellichery pepper grinds on top.
Steamed yella beans right fresh from our garden served up in a hamhock gravy.

A fresh baguette by the yard
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 11:31 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

German Kraut. Is it the one made with apples or apple sauce in there??
I like my saurkraut a little appley sweet

Smoke my kielbasa twice.

Granny Smith apples and sugar (sometimes brown but not this time) and white wine. Some use caraway seeds but I never wanted that. Strain the kraut before using!. I learned this from a German Nazi sympathizer in Munich ( A real one...Yes...I know in reality what a real one is!) at the mess hall.....very old but he believed what he believed and he felt free to speech it, something far above the level of civilization that America can manage now!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 17 Jul, 2019 11:33 pm
@farmerman,
Penne in a pink sauce w/panceta
0 Replies