Dinner tonight - or last night.

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2018 10:17 am
Walking to the pool this afternoon. Will stop at one of the markets along the Danforth to pick up whatever fruit and veg look good and then decide on what to prepare. I always like these adventures. I might leave thinking of avocados and come home with green beans Laughing (which would make the little dog happy)
jcboy

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2018 06:32 pm
@ehBeth,
For Sunday dinner I'm making chicken fettuccine alfredo with mushrooms, when I first learned how to make this dish I made it with store bought alfredo sauce, I now make my own with heavy cream, butter and parmesan cheese.

The calories are off the chart, which means I will have to work it off tomorrow morning at the gym.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2018 07:47 pm
thought I was picking up ingredients that would lead to a pasta sauce

talked to a pal at the pool

ended up making spinach/tomato stuffed mushrooms a la Valerie Bertinelli

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/valerie-bertinelli/stuffed-mushrooms-3214218
chai2

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2018 08:31 pm
@ehBeth,
I was with you until you said Varerie Bertinelli.

What a nutcase.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 04:02 pm
Last night I made pan seared duck breast with fingerling potatoes, asparagus and grape tomatoes. I'm not normally a fan of duck but this wasn't greasy at all and the family seemed to like it.

https://image.ibb.co/jBUanx/IMG_1117.jpg
jcboy

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 02:39 pm
@jcboy,
I'm just about ready to put my roast in the oven, carrots and potato's. It will slow cook for 4 hours at 250.

farmerman

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 03:08 pm
@jcboy,
potatoes is not possessive , unless its some secret ingredient owned by the potato.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 03:13 pm
home from the pool

just had a bitta tuna on Serbian zuzu (cheese flake bun) with ricotta instead of butter

the real 'meal' will be some guacamole I just made up. not real guac. I threw in a bit of horseradish to pep it up
chai2

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2018 07:24 pm
@ehBeth,
Simple tonight.

Steak and grilled brussel sprouts.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2018 04:13 pm
picked up rotisserie chicken, fish cakes, and mac n cheese from the Sobeys on my way back from the pool
jcboy

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2018 05:07 pm
@ehBeth,
We’re taking the kids out for dinner tonight it will be pizza, hot wings and salad. Last night I made peppercorn steak with a creamed kale and potato wedges. The kids have gotten used to eating fresh Spanish and the liked the kale just as well.

I was getting bored with some recipes so I’ve been searching the web finding different things to make. Then I forget where I find the recipe Razz

https://image.ibb.co/b3y0Ux/IMG_1135.jpg
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2018 07:29 pm
@jcboy,
My wife served me Pollo Loco chicken for dinner.
farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2018 01:27 am
@cicerone imposter,
we had dinner at a place called 225 Prime in Chesapeake City. I ordered a pork chop over a bed of garlic mashed and accompanied by red beet glazed broiled brussel sprouts with just enough capers to give em a sweet salt taste
Tiny tips of raddichio from a local garden as the soringy veggies are coming in. The pork chop was thick and huge and now Im up at 3AM overcoming indigestion that accompanies eating too fast and too much. It was delicious.
I admit we shared a bottle of Puligny Montrachet with the couple that went with us and they forced me to drink a glass of what used to be a staple wine in our household. (I didnt have to pay for the wine so what the hell).

Dessert was chocolate espresso mousse with a really great butter cream topping and a gooseberry jam sauce that they wrote our names with on the dessert plates.
Even the coffee was marvelous.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2018 04:48 am
Sautéed cabbage, Brussels sprouts, onions, topped with chicken that’d been slow cooked in a strong-ish cilantro/lemon sauce.

Glad I found that sauce recipe.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2018 10:37 am
For Sunday dinner I'm making chicken and dumplings. Razz

Following this Recipe

chai2

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2018 06:36 pm
@jcboy,
Sounds good Morgan.

One thing though, to save time and mess, I just buy an already cooked rotisserie chicken, and tear it into small pieces by hand, both meat and skin.

I make the other kind of dumplings, where you roll out the dough and cut into strips.

When I was a little kid, my mother was making the drop dumplings, and I looked in the pot and asked her what there were....

She said, "brains"

That's why I make the rolled out dumplings. Shocked
jcboy

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2018 03:31 pm
@chai2,
It was pretty tasty, I should have bought a rotisserie chicken, but I had already purchased a whole chicken. The rotisserie would have been so much easier and not as messy!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 03:34 am
@chai2,
whats a good dumpling recipe? Its not a thing weve made a lot of. Ive made Sopapaillas and serve them with many styles of food but dumplings, no.
chai2

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 08:59 am
@farmerman,
Ah hell, I don't have a receipe.

Honestly haven't made them since I went keto.

But, aren't sopapaillas (we call them sofa pillows) those puffy things? Aren't they deep fried?

Nothing like those sit in your gut dumplings.

farmerman

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:48 am
@chai2,
yeh, I make sopaipillas with a sweet risie dough and then cut em into triangles and deep fry em.
You ent keto, I went portion control with no white stuff (Cept maybe a donut or two each week), and Ive lost about 50 lb in 2 yers. Im at my target weight of 180 and Im learning how to stay there.

Portion control, I should write a book because it doesnt require higher math or differential equations and organic chemistry.

BUT , good luck in your own journey. Remember,good health is but a temporary state of variable duration in each of our lives
0 Replies