ptooooie
farmerman

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2018 08:44 pm
@ehBeth,
where do you grow mushrooms in Canadia?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2018 08:45 pm
@farmerman,
I suspect greenhouses. Too bad djjd isn't around these days. He'd know. He worked in the greenhouse/farming industry for many years.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 07:15 am
@farmerman,
https://www.canadianpackaging.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/1-Main-563A5150.jpg

https://www.canadianpackaging.com/features/economies-scale-canadian-packaging-may-2014-cover-story/
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 07:25 am
@hightor,
A mushroom geek’s guide to Canadian mushrooms

When I buy mushrooms here in Germany (and all EU, I suppose), it's always noted, if they are wild or cultivated, and from where.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 Jan, 2018 09:15 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
we're definitely not so informed when we're buying from street markets

___

tonight - toasted zuzu with whipped blueberry cream cheese and peanut butter

chocolate mint tea

it was definitely dessert for dinner
hightor

Reply Thu 25 Jan, 2018 09:00 am
@ehBeth,
My friend finally got the last of his traps hauled and showed up with four lobsters, cooked and picked. Last ones on the season. I love these winter lobsters; I think they're the best. It's always been my feeling that you can't really improve on a plain lobster — a bit of mayo and a traditional New England top-opening hot dog roll is all we needed. A nice cole slaw with chives and a delicious Pinot Noir rounded out the meal.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Jan, 2018 04:20 pm
making something
not sure what it's going to turn into but it smells really good

sauteed an onion, threw in corn and black beans
next in - the leftovers from last night's Ethiopian non-veggie platter - some beef, some chicken and some lamb

I just snacked on the leftover injera - it had sopped up some super-spicy juices and was delish
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 7 Feb, 2018 07:57 pm
We just got home from dinner, went out for Mexican food. This one place we like usually has a different soup every night. Tonight it was a roasted tomato basil soup and boy was it delicious. The kids loved it. I’ll have to find a good recipe and make it at home sometime.
jcboy

Reply Fri 9 Feb, 2018 06:55 pm
We’re staying in tonight. I’m making red snapper with rice pilaf and steamed green beans.

For dessert we have brownies with vanilla ice cream, they can have it after they finish their dinner.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 06:43 pm
Tomorrow I will be making Sunday dinner, not sure what to make yet so stay tuned.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Feb, 2018 07:12 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
Tonight it was a roasted tomato basil soup and boy was it delicious.

one of my favourite flavour profiles

yum

jcboy

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2018 05:54 pm
@ehBeth,
It was very tasty!

Tonight I decided to make chicken parmesan with angel hair pasta and steamed green beans. Chicken parm is always a hit in this household.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2018 06:07 pm
@jcboy,
keep your pasta and give me a big bowl of tomato sauce to go with the chicken parm and green beans.

then again ... our little dog was ill last week and the only thing we could tempt her with was chicken pasta bake with green beans ... spoiled little beast
jcboy

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2018 06:09 pm
@ehBeth,
You know our parrot Caesar loves pasta! I may give him some tonight Razz
farmerman

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2018 06:46 pm
@jcboy,
salmon salad , very tasty . We watched the snow melt and watched some Poirot and Death in Paradise
jcboy

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2018 07:21 pm
@farmerman,
My chicken parm and pasta dinner is ready to be served.

https://image.ibb.co/kHWe0n/IMG_1102.jpg
chai2

Reply Sun 18 Feb, 2018 07:28 pm
@jcboy,
looks good.

I'm starting off with a green salad with a little left over rotisserie chicken mixed in.

Who knows what will come later.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 05:14 pm
yogurt french toast with regular maple syrup and smoky bacon maple syrup and orange juice drizzle

sooooooo tasty
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2018 07:45 am
I did my first 24 hour sous vide — a grass fed chuck roast cooked at 130º. It turned out way better than I expected; even having read all the hype I was unprepared for the combination of excellent flavor and succulent tenderness. The meat still held together, like a steak and even the fat was delicious. My wife prefers an oven roast where the meat practically falls apart so I guess next time I'll cook one for 36 hours and throw one in for me 12 hours later.
0 Replies