Dinner tonight - or last night.

jcboy

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 03:28 pm
We're going out tonight, I feel like having sushi! Razz

jcboy

Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 06:07 pm
@jcboy,
The Rican is making chicken cacciatore, it's almost done and smells delicious. Cool
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 14 May, 2017 08:48 pm
@jcboy,
chicken cacciatore is a basic and varied dish, meaning food from hunters - do you have a favorite recipe?
jcboy

Reply Mon 15 May, 2017 05:38 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I really don't have a favorite, there are so many to choose from. I have no idea how the Rican cooks it because I'm not allowed in the kitchen Razz
ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 15 May, 2017 05:46 pm
@jcboy,
You folks are such a pleasure to read about.

So, have you tried making ice cream yet?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 May, 2017 07:46 pm
onions and red peppers sauteed in rendered duck fat
baked beans with double-smoked sausage

sort of the end of cold-weather eating
it was delicious

I've got enough duck fat left to make some fries. They're going to be decadent.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 06:23 pm
I marinated chicken breasts in a Greek dressing with garlic for about three hours. Seasoned them with more garlic, oregano, ground pepper. I’ll grate a little Parmesan on top of it with a mix of diced tomatoes, black olives and feta.

Serving it over fettuccine noodles. Bon appetit Cool
glitterbag

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 09:25 pm
@jcboy,
My husband's Aunt Olivia (God, rest her soul) would soak raw chicken in salted water over night before she fried it. I was indifferent to fried chicken until I had the pleasure of feasting on Olivia's chicken. But that's another story, chicken, beef and pork take on a whole different dimension when marinated. It's a very smart move and improves the flavor of the meal.

I skipped dinner tonight, those antibiotics are messing up my appetite. But I dined out on everyone else's description of dinner.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 21 May, 2017 10:10 pm
@glitterbag,
Be well, girl..
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 02:45 am
Leftover Quinn's Pub Porterhouse special St Helen's porterhouse cooked blue with mushrooms stroganoff style sauce with fresh fettuccine and garlic bread.
matheran

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 03:29 am
@msolga,
I had green vegetables with chapati in the dinner
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 05:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
were swimming in fresh asparagus. So I got some NC shrimp(1.5 lb) qn peeled em nd chilled em with about 3 T "Limoncello marinade"(its bottled).

Chopped a pound of nice fresh asparagus into bite sized chunks.

Took some bacon and tore it up and fried the chunks till almost crispy

Take out the bacon
Put in the shrimps and do about 4 min
take out the shrimp

put in the asparagus with about a T of olive oil
do em bout 4 min till just tender not flaccid

Put the shrimp back in the pan and warm em up with the asparagus about 1/2 min

Plate it and toss the bacon chunks on top and dump on some good shredded asiago or romano we like asiago

DEEELIGHTFUL! and it was just one bigass pan and three paper plates (plated em on ceramic at the end)

We use a lemon pepper and seasalt mix in a grinder. it added a teeny salty zing to the tangy limoncello

0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Mon 22 May, 2017 05:52 pm
I've had two protein filled meals already today (serrano ham and a homemade spread and naan, warmed; later, my famous to myself hummus on whole grained toast). I know, I know, I need some greens and I'm ready for them, but that will be tomorrow, a new soup-a-lu-lu. Tonight I'm throwing together a loaf of banana bread with walnuts, which I expect to find satisfying, burp. The question for now is, do I put some cocoa powder in there. Answer = yes.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 05:49 am
At Venetian Moon:

* Chianti
* Tossed salad with parmesan peppercorn dressing
* Braised Pappardelle Ragu (braised beef & pork in cabernet demi-glace,
tossed with fresh pappardelle pasta)
* Dense, intense chocolate cake
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 08:14 am
Cooked up one of my favorite regional plates, the Hoosier pork tenderloin sandwich. Along with some steamed green beans and a salad..
Followed the strict guidelines for garnish.
French's yellow mustard. Dill pickle slices and a thin slice of red Bermuda onion.
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/1448/DuZ5Cy.jpg
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 08:06 pm
Jalapeño queso sausages with peppers and onions
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 08:32 pm
Cheese omelette with provolone and (much to my shame) a half slice of scrapple.
I know, I know but I grew up eating scrambled or sunny side up eggs with scrapple or bacon and spiced apple rings every so often on weekends.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 08:47 pm
@glitterbag,
Love scrapple! It was always one of the first things we wanted to have once we got to Pennsylvania on a road trip.

Tonight, Set cooked up potatoes/onions/ham in some sesame oil Super tasty. I had mine with several large spoons of Neal Brothers salsa. So good. Salsa is my favourite vegetable until it's actual fresh veggie season.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 08:51 pm
@ehBeth,
Wow, sesame oil, that's a wonderful idea....and salsa's great until the local tomatoes come in. Well, salsa's still great but fresh tomatoes only come around for a short time.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 24 May, 2017 08:54 pm
@glitterbag,
Dinner for me was fish taco and strawberry lemonade. Good for a change.
My wife didn't eat.