Dinner tonight - or last night.

farmerman

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 02:09 am
@ehBeth,
That aint no pierogie, its a teeny STROMBOLI without the mater sauce
jcboy

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 11:16 am
We went out last night for Mexican food again, it was Cinco De Mayo. Tonight we’re staying in and it is my turn to cook. Making a creamy lemon chicken over penne pasta and spinach.
farmerman

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 12:00 pm
@jcboy,
sounds interesting. I like Penne as a good default pasta. It holds the sauces really well,(especially of the cook doesnt add oil to the cooking water)
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 12:05 pm
@farmerman,
oil to the cooking water? nevah heard of that..
glitterbag

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 12:26 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Some folks throw a dash of olive oil in boiling water before tossing in the pasta.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 12:51 pm
@glitterbag,
I've about thirty italian cookbooks, cough, at least!, by italians or italophiles, and I've never seen that mentioned, at least that I remember. Not meaning to be difficult, but wondering why?
jcboy

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 05:49 pm
@farmerman,
Sometimes I will add a splash of oil to the water, not always.

We have decided to eat out tonight. We've been waiting all day for them to come out and pick up the tortoise and we have no idea where they are so I have decided to make dinner tomorrow and we're going out for a bit to eat.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 08:22 pm
@ossobucotemp,
I don't remember anyone tossing in olive oil when I was a kid, but then again I'm not sure olive oil was even heard of in the south before 1970. I was going thru my mother-in-laws recipe folder many years back, and she had a recipe for lasagna that used American cheese instead of ricotta. At least in Baltimore we knew what ricotta was and how it would be the perfect cheese. But then again, you could not find a decent pastrami on rye or any regular deli (real deli) south of Baltimore. Forget about anything vaguely reminiscent of anything Europe south of Baltimore and if you want crab cakes you better come to Maryland and for pity's sake skip the Red Lobster or any of the other seafood chains.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 08:24 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Oh, and as far as tossing in olive oil.........I'm not sure it makes a difference in pasta......but it smells good.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 09:15 pm
@glitterbag,
Girl, I'd love to meet you..
Meantime, I have almost no sense of smell; I get it that others do and I do sometimes.. Yes, I've been tested by experts. Low.

Meantime, I'm fond of food.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 09:31 pm
@farmerman,
good god no
ptooey on stromboli
I am so not a fan of pizza dough

Cheemo perogies are good - very potatoey

tomorrow we're going to have the

https://shop.freshstmarket.com/media/product/0005693690706_00.jpg

with another pile of salad
roger

Reply Sat 6 May, 2017 10:47 pm
@ehBeth,
Not to spoil anybody's appetite, but when I see the brand Cheemo, I immediately think of the word therapy.
ekename

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 12:00 am
@roger,
The merest mumble of Château d'Yquem Sauterne gets me going, and quite rightly if I may say so.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 07:18 am
@roger,
Geez Roger, I thought the same thing......((do great minds think alike or is something terribly wrong with us?))
chai2

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 09:19 am
@glitterbag,
I thought the same thing.

Unfortunate choice of name.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 09:26 am
@roger,
therapy?

it's an alternate spelling for the Inuktituk word for hello

you still hear it occasionally when people are greeting each other - used to be heard commonly in the town I grew up in since there was a largeish Innu community
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 7 May, 2017 06:13 pm
I have a roast with potatoes and carrots in the oven. Cool
jcboy

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 05:43 pm
@jcboy,
Staying home tonight, making some orange roughy with rice and fresh spinach. I like to put in pine nuts when I cook the spinach.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 May, 2017 06:06 pm
@jcboy,
we shared a small pizza

contemplating peppers and dip
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 12 May, 2017 09:48 am
sauteed onions/red peppers/tomatoes
double-smoked sausage
garlic perogy

it's going to be a feast when it's ready