Dinner tonight - or last night.

alex240101

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 03:24 pm
@alex240101,
Indoor picnic.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 03:52 pm
cooked some pork chop trimmings on a very low temp for about 2 hours this morning - made a very soft/thick stock

just stirred in a few handfuls of rice and chicken stock

once the rice is almost completely cooked, I'll stir in some stir-fry veggies so they can be steamed

it will end up like a congee but with crunchy veg
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 03:57 pm
@ehBeth,
I'll save your post, you're good at this..
ehBeth

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 05:01 pm
@ossobucotemp,
and ... it worked

it ended up a bit like a cross between congee and sticky rice . a bit drier than congee. very tasty.

using this http://thewoksoflife.com/2017/02/moms-pork-bone-congee/ as a starting point - adding chicken and pork bone broth in place of some of the water, not using any seafood , and shrinking the recipe .... but the theory is there
ossobucotemp

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 05:20 pm
@ehBeth,
tnx, saved it
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 06:03 pm
We’re having steaks on the grill, mashed potatoes and gravy and zucchini. I have a store bought apple pie for dessert.
farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 06:14 pm
@jcboy,
very close. Charcoal grilled Delmonico steak from Herrs Angus Farms.(Not more than 6 oz each-qe dont eat as much mat as weused to)
Baked sweet potatoes, fresh asparagus from our garden, and Mrs F baked a blueberry pie from the last batch of last years frozen blueberries.
Iced mint tea

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 07:54 pm
@farmerman,
Ground beef with cabbage cooked in a soy sauce-sugar mix with white rice. Eaten with a chop stick.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 2 May, 2017 05:18 pm
We're going out tonight, Taco Tuesday at our favorite Mexican place.
jcboy

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 05:12 pm
We're staying in this evening and the Rican is making beef stroganoff! Cool
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 05:23 pm
@jcboy,
Pasta and osso tomato sauce (some winter window raised basil, chopped fresh garlic, some new mexico chile heat, olive oil, alas no pignoli). Some Cecelia Bartoli on the cd player.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 08:04 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Dinner tonight was inedible. I got home late (salon) and we tried a Sonic. See their ads all the time, and should know better than to pay attention to large freaking chain burger joint ads. Mr. g'bag was in the mood for a Coney Island dog, I didn't care either way and ordered a burger and shake. Patooie, everything was cold (but we do have a microwave) and tasteless and gummy. The shake was far too sweet and didn't taste like chocolate, more like chemicals and it was topped with something that looked like whipped creme but it ain't. I don't know how these joints stay in business. So I chopped up a left over chicken breast, and make chicken salad sandwiches. I'm not impressed with our first and last visit to Sonic.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 08:38 pm
@glitterbag,
Never been to a Sonic, and with your report, we never will. Thank you.
We had Chinese at a Panda for lunch (Their food is tasty), and Market sushi for dinner. Went to Yogurtland for a snack around 3pm.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 09:05 pm
scalloped potatoes with peas/spinach/ham in the mix

I love all in one meals. I know they're not Set's favourites but he likes the ingredients.
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Thu 4 May, 2017 09:13 pm
@glitterbag,
There's a Sonic a dozen or so blocks away. Never have been there..
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 12:45 am
@glitterbag,
I thought it was a hedgehog.
farmerman

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 12:50 pm
@izzythepush,
We were at a Sonic last year when we went over to the Hobby Lobby in Salisbury Md. The food waa crappy and gummy. CAnt see how they stay open. Fast food joints are usually always consistent. This appears to be consistently baaad.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 06:23 pm
Brought back some semi-prepared food for tonight. Cheemo perogies and a caesar salad in a bag to combine with a small prepared caesar salad and other veggies. The water is almost boiling .... I'm ravenous

these are the best frozen perogies from Winnipeg ... so good
http://govalu.com/image/cache/data/Frozen/Frozen-Appetizers-Sides/CheemoPotatoBaconRomanoCheesePerogies-550x550.jpg

chai2

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 06:49 pm
I got carry out for us from a BBQ place.

Brisket, jalepeno cheddar sausage, a side of mac and chees for the man, and a cucumber/tomato salad I threw together.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 5 May, 2017 06:52 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

We were at a Sonic last year when we went over to the Hobby Lobby in Salisbury Md. The food waa crappy and gummy. CAnt see how they stay open. Fast food joints are usually always consistent. This appears to be consistently baaad.

I've eaten at a Sonic once. I got a coney island foot long. I ate it even though it tasted awful, because I was out in the country, and there were no other options. I'm not kidding when I say I couldn't eat for the next 36 hours at least. It was that horrible.

Sometimes, like 4 times a year, Wally will get a shake from them, when he's craving ice cream.
0 Replies