Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 09:31 pm
@chai2,
No wait!

Cheese Curds!
farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2017 09:34 pm
@chai2,
Lean Cuisine Chicken turds and chalk paste in a piquant ketchup sauce
Mrs F went down to Richmond to buy a ram so I was on my own and I lost track of time.
Cracklin Oat bran for breakfast

Cara cara for lunch

then the chicken turds for supper. AND, since it was nuked, that wonderful gelatinous texture is preserved and each breaded chicken turd, litely fried , has all the mouth feel of a kneaded eraser.

Then they got the balls to suggest an accompnying dessert. Something that looked like a serving of sugar dusted microwaved lung tissue.

BUT, I can happily say, Im but 7 pounds away from my lifetime tqrget. Now I gotta work on Toning back up cuz I got NO ASS anymore

Sorry, I hadda kvetch

0 Replies

Xocolatl

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2017 03:40 am
Yesterday night was pumpkin quinoa salad with feta cheese.

Tonight it will be penne with red pesto sauce and roasted pork loin.
jcboy

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2017 11:40 am
@Xocolatl,
I’m making Sunday dinner today, meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy. I’m also making a pot of white bean and ham soup to have later in the week.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 04:43 pm
@jcboy,
Tonight it will be pork tenderloin made in a crockpot (4 and a half hous on low), rice and green peas. Oh and a savory gravy cooked up via crockpot.

Crock pot has really come in handy because I fell a month ago and got 2 compression fractures in the middle of my back. Nordstrom's should thank their lucky stars I am not litigious.
jcboy

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 05:00 pm
@glitterbag,
I finally made the Chicken Cheese Broccoli Casserole, I didn’t care for it at all but the kids loved it. It just tasted bland with the rice and all.

Tonight we’re going out for salad and pizza. The kitchen is closed!
glitterbag

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 05:15 pm
@jcboy,
Maybe if you switched out the cheese for another cheese? The good news is that if the kids enjoyed something you think is bland hopefully they have not become addicted to salt and sugar. I use both salt and sugar, but too many prepared foods are dripping with salt and sugar, that means cocoa puffs, many canned soups, and forget MacDonalds milkshakes, they have 0 dairy.

When my boys were young, I held back on the seasonings and then dosed my portion afterward if it was too bland for me.
jcboy

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 05:29 pm
@glitterbag,
When I made it I added cauliflower and broccoli. It would probably be better if you didn’t cook the rice along with it, maybe cook the rice separately and pour it over cooked rice. It was a little dry.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 05:34 pm
@jcboy,
You can make white long grain rice in the microwave, I've tried wild rice but can't remember how it turned out. I think it would work better if you didn't combine the rice and other ingredients, I know a lot of recipes call for it, but maybe you could use more liquid if you would rather stick to the directions.. I boil rice in chicken broth, comes out fluffy.

word of caution: my shortcuts have occasionally flopped....when you feed 3 children you don't want to flop.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 06:08 pm
Making a non-exotic version of this

http://www.saveur.com/basque-tortilla-potato-pepper-ham-cheese-recipe

It smells amazing
panzade

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 08:23 pm
@ehBeth,
I like the Serrano ham next to it
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/4462/6GvRct.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 09:12 pm
@panzade,
If it was just me, I'd go straight to the Serrano and skip the rest Cool
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2017 10:45 pm
Stir fry diced chicken in oils with julienned baby carrots, snow peas and capsicum; red onion, garlic, cashews and sauces; and steamed rice.

visceral

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2017 02:05 am
@ekename,
Yummm...your culinary talents are only surpassed by your euchre skills...oh wait a minute...oops
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2017 02:22 pm
We're all going out for Mexican food tonight. New place, well not actually new, new owners, hopefully it's better than it was before.
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2017 06:07 pm
@jcboy,
Please report. I admit starting new places can be difficult.
jcboy

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2017 10:13 am
@ossobucotemp,
It was just okay, nothing special. We had chips and salsa, chicken enchiladas and beef fajitas. I had to order the enchiladas with corn tortillas because the menu said they were made with flour tortillas. Who makes enchiladas with flour tortillas?

http://oi67.tinypic.com/ienymu.jpg

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2lw26pg.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2017 10:50 am
@ehBeth,
dont eat any white taters anymore and Im sorta gld caue its noticeable the carb density. Can this be mde with sweet taters?
jcboy

Reply Mon 10 Apr, 2017 06:14 pm
@farmerman,
Nothing fancy tonight, making a spinach and tomato salad with penne pasta and meat sauce. Cool
0 Replies