Dinner tonight - or last night.

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 11:54 am
@Lordyaswas,
maybe debbela forgot that it was banana ketchup, not banana that goes on top?
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 11:59 am
everybody in this joint know what a kransky is cept me and Im too high to lookitup?
Yes, I ansqwered.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 12:00 pm
@farmerman,
It's a kind of sausage. I'd have to look it up again to remember what kind.

Sympathy from here re your foot.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 12:02 pm
@ossobuco,
Carniolan sausage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carniolan_sausage
The Carniolan sausage (Slovene: kranjska klobasa; Australian English: Kransky, German: Krainer Wurst, Italian dialect of Trieste: luganighe de Cragno) is a Slovenian sausage most similar to what is known as kielbasa or Polish sausage in North America.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 12:03 pm
@farmerman,
australian kielbasa = kransky

(you on meds? nemmind found it - sorry about the foot - enjoy the drugs)

farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 01:37 pm
@ehBeth,
even sounds australian

Gemmee sem Kranskee mite!! anna bigg Beaah!!

I remember that banana ketchup crap when I was workin in the Philippines. (Couldnt find a tomato so they bought in a vinegar sugary sauce made out of bananas-They didnt have HEINZ or some other UK brand of katchup?).

OY- banana ketchup was too sweet for real food and sickeningly too banana-ish for pancakes. At Our camp we had some San Blas Indians from Panama as cooks and they could whip up pancakes to die for (AN I hate pancakes). They were more like a Pa Dutch funnel cake and wed cover em with some red berry sauces that the cooks would whip up from jungle berries. The banana ketchup had a really sickening banana odor with a sweet garlicky rice vinegar solute.

That stuff did really blow.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 01:40 pm
@farmerman,
And I love banana.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 01:41 pm
@ossobuco,
so, kielbasi with any other name will make your breath reek of garlic if its made right.

Im used to kabenosi-kielbasi- and krakowska. same 3 balonies just packed in different sized casings and smoked differently
glitterbag

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 06:17 pm
@farmerman,
Did you injure your foot, farmerman??

I owe you a recipe for Brunswick Stew and I'll send you my grandmother's version of red velvet cake.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2016 06:41 pm
@glitterbag,
a steer did..
here's his post -

http://able2know.org/topic/307855-8#post-6106199
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2016 11:36 pm
@ehBeth,
There's such a thing as banana ketchup? Learn something new every day!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 05:51 pm
It's usually my turn to choose Sunday dinner and I kind of wanted to go out for sushi but the kids love spaghetti so I decided to make my world famous giant meatballs. I’m going to bake them for about 30 minutes then simmer them in the sauce for an hour or so.

The kids love my spaghetti and meatballs. Cool

http://oi64.tinypic.com/6jj30k.jpg
panzade

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 05:59 pm
@jcboy,
recipe recipe!
jcboy

Reply Sun 17 Jan, 2016 06:05 pm
@panzade,
Two pounds of ground sirloin, they’re five mouths to feed in this house Razz , half a cup of Italian breadcrumb, two eggs, half a cup of milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix it all together. Bake them at 325 for 30 to 40 minutes then simmer them in the sauce for an hour or so. Cool
margo

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2016 09:27 am
@jcboy,
What a lot of changes in your life!!!! - I can remember when you could scarcely boil water!
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2016 09:35 am
Panko-crusted haddock
Broccoli
Baked white sweet potato
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2016 01:12 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Two pounds of ground sirloin, they’re five mouths to feed in this house Razz , half a cup of Italian breadcrumb, two eggs, half a cup of milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix it all together. Bake them at 325 for 30 to 40 minutes then simmer them in the sauce for an hour or so. Cool

Thanks for the recipe!

How about the recipe for your sauce???
ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2016 01:18 pm
@MMarciano,
January 2012

MMarciano wrote:

Morgan is cooking something tonight, smoke detector hasn’t gone off and I checked the batteries, seem okay. Well maybe I’m just being paranoid.

jcboy's come a long way since then

the family is about quadrupled in size with dogs and parrots and more little kids Smile and no more smoke detector jokes
MMarciano

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2016 01:49 pm
@ehBeth,
He’s turned into a pretty good cook, when I met him he had the bare essentials in the refrigerator and the stove had probably never been used!

Then he met the retired chef and took some cooking lessons from her. He has learned to make some quite tasty dishes! Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Jan, 2016 04:16 pm
last night on my way home from a Turkish Roma lecture, I picked up some Thai noodle with chicken salad

ate the noodles, ate the chicken

left 80% of the thai sauce in the container

home from the pool, ravenous AND lazy ... pulled the thai sauce out, dumped in a can of thai tuna with peanut sauce - had it with chunks of baguette

If I'm hungry again later I'll have to actually cook something