Dinner tonight - or last night.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 May, 2015 06:37 pm
@CalamityJane,
I guess you do have a german accent but I wasn't thinking about it at all the day I met you, Jane. Maybe I forget noticing it. Geez, going on six years ago. Well, part of it may be that people in the California population have a multiplicity of accents, or as my ex would say firmly, dialects. I guess it was just there (as my california ( etc.) speaking voice is too. I don't remember being startled by yours and we probably didn't talk about it.
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 2 May, 2015 07:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Really osso? It's been 6 years already? Where does the time go?
It was a nice meet-up, I'll always think fondly of it, osso!

We have to go back to cooking before they kick us out! Wink
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 May, 2015 08:03 pm
@CalamityJane,
Right..
mine's easy, left over pork onions sweet peppers mini farfalle soup.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 2 May, 2015 10:31 pm
dim sum with Margo at http://www.kingsnoodle.ca/ following a dance recital at the tribal fusion school I go to now

finishing off the squid tentacles with five species (hahahahaha love their menu) now
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 2 May, 2015 11:21 pm
Took two leftover turkey thighs ( Butterball)) and turned them into turkey curry. AWESOME!. Wife does not like curry, and since the world obviously revolves around her I have not eaten curry in 15 years.

I am not waiting that long again, **** that ****, the genders are equal now!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 02:58 am
@hawkeye10,
Oh oh I see trouble!

Too tired, way too tired, sandwich with egg, salad, bean sprouts, tuna.. how boring........Ask me tomorrow!
jcboy

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 09:55 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I’m going to the market today and buy some fresh salmon for dinner tonight.

I think I'll try this Asian Grilled Salmon recipe, sounds good to me, plus salmon is one fish the kids don't mind eating.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 10:19 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

you all will need to go to the gym every day too.

I still make it to the gym 4 to 5 times a week, usually go around 5am, If I didn't I'd be wall to wall ass in no time Razz
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 12:36 pm
@jcboy,
Oh! Still going at 5 am - you're good!!
--

We're having pullled pork tonight with all the trimmings - Avocado, beans, tortillas and Mexican beer!!
jcboy

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 07:58 pm
@CalamityJane,
I cooked two pounds of the Asian Grilled Salmon and boy was it delicious. I’d make this recipe again anytime. They all loved it. Cool

http://oi62.tinypic.com/se4lma.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 08:16 pm
joeblow, Margo, Set and I went to Asteria Souvlaki House tonight.

After sharing a platter of dips, we nibbled around our mains. Set brought home basically his entire gyro platter and joeblow took 2/3rds of her pork chop dinner home. Margo and I worked through most of our souvlaki on a pita - we both realized full meals were just going to be too much.

The feta with hot pepper dip (tyrokafteri) was wonderfully addictive.

The dips were served with warm grilled pita quarters. Pretty universal agreement on how good they were.

I've got some weird random pix of the meal that may make it here Laughing
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 3 May, 2015 08:21 pm
Boiled chicken with hot sauce and Japanese ramen.
farmerman

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 05:40 pm
@FBM,
Im in a neat little town named Wellsboro Pa. There is a steak and chop house where they soak their steaks in some "Secret sauce" and then grill em.
Tonite I had a really nice piece of meat with the sauce that had a slight hint of anchovy.
served with a great salad an asparagus spears.

It was very good . I wonder what Mr F is having at home?
FBM

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 06:12 pm
@farmerman,
Ah. Sounds good. Had a pretty decent no-frills, home-cooked steak last night myself.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 May, 2015 06:16 pm
tea and a Mary MacLeod shortbread cookie

sitting in a cafe yakking for hours with Margo - who had tea and the inside of a butter tart

may need something more sensible later
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 6 May, 2015 04:27 pm
@ehBeth,
Cauliflower banh mi sammich from Num Pang with ginger lemonade. Later picked up some kind of triangular German shortbread cookie filled with poppy seeds
ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 06:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
Johnsonville chili cheese dog
baked onion rings
bean salad
3 olives
cauliflower cranberry couscous salad
FBM

Reply Thu 7 May, 2015 08:33 pm
@ehBeth,
Steak and kimchee.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 9 May, 2015 02:35 pm
We’re going out for dinner tonight. An Italian restaurant.

Tomorrow for Sunday dinner I’m making baked pork chops, I’ll also be making a ham and white bean soup.
Cool
jcboy

Reply Fri 15 May, 2015 09:09 pm
@jcboy,
Daddies night out.

Elena watched the kids and made them dinner so daddies could go out , oysters, scallops and seared ahi tuna, then we split a strawberry cobbler for dessert.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/dvmq15.jpg

http://oi62.tinypic.com/149tu80.jpg

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2zjhqte.jpg