Dinner tonight - or last night.

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 06:16 pm
@ossobuco,
Well I don't know about that, osso - thank you for your vote of confidence though. That restaurant in Solana Beach is still there, it's been at least 20 years in its place. When something is good it has staying power Smile
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 06:18 pm
@panzade,
Panzade, I've been to many many restaurants up and down the coast in the east and the west as well as in between - there ain't any good Mexican restaurants if the chef isn't Mexican. I've never been to Florida, so I can't say about the fish there, but out here - it's fresh and tasty! Wouldn't want to eat any in Lincoln, Nebraska - unless it's trout!
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 09:11 pm
Made a simple tomato-on-cheese toast sammich. Resisted the urge for a second one.
chai2

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 09:31 pm
@FBM,
What kind of cheese and bread?
FBM

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 09:45 pm
@chai2,
Cheddar (probably imitation, not sure) and plain ol' white. To get any other kind of bread, I have to drive clear across town.
chai2

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 09:53 pm
@FBM,
I had a turkey burger on pieces of whole grain wheat bread, with tomato.

I would have had to have gone out to get buns, and it's too cold.

and coconut water from Trader Joe's.
FBM

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 09:57 pm
@chai2,
Turkey, like bread varieties, is another thing that hasn't made a big splash over here. It's my preferred meat when I'm back home. As for going out, it's Lunar New Year over here now, so there's no way I'm getting in that traffic. It's a 3-day gig, too. My eats will be limited to whatever I can find in whatever's open within walking distance.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2015 11:54 pm
Today was a soup and sandwich day all around...

cheese quesadillas and chicken noodle soup for lunch (mis bebe's were home) and then white chicken chili for supper with tortilla chips and sour cream and cheese. It was slap your granny yummy.

Late start for school tomorrow. Icy roads...we don't know how to handle that down here....thus everything starts late. Very Happy

makes me happy.

chai2

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2015 12:14 am
@mismi,
What's your receipe for that chicken chili mismi?
mismi

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2015 12:21 am
@chai2,
This is the recipe I usually go by. I add to or take away from according to my pantry at the time. Smile

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/white-chicken-chili

It is good...I usually have to double it. I have twin 15 year old boys now. Which really pisses me off. Wink
jcboy

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 07:48 pm
Dinner is almost ready, the Rican is making ground beef tacos with red beans and rice.

We'll eat out tomorrow night then I'll be making Sunday dinner this weekend.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 08:06 pm
@jcboy,
You guys are going to need to do a cookbook. Or, two cookbooks.
Perhaps some seasoning first..
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 08:09 pm
@jcboy,
We had beef chili tonight, it's actually 7 degrees in Annapolis, Maryland. We never know if winter will be harsh or mild. We haven't had crippling snow, but freezing drizzle is treacherous. Lots of black ice, and broken bones. That's why a steaming hot bowl of chili was perfect.
chai2

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 09:44 pm
@glitterbag,
I made cold couscous salad. Really good.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 10:21 pm
@chai2,
What???? To go with the broken bones?
glitterbag

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2015 10:27 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm kidding. I had a wonderful couscous salad with goat cheese and something else made by an old friend who is an actual honest to god chef. It was wonderful and I am not that fond of goat cheese. Oh, not last night but a while back, I'd give my front teeth for that recipe.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 10:39 am
@chai2,
I like couscous salad too - I usually use the pearl couscous with spinach, cold cooked chicken, tomatoes and olives.
jcboy

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 04:02 pm
@CalamityJane,
I'm leaving for the market to pick up everything I need for Sunday dinner, I'm making a chicken and sausage gumbo over rice.

Then later we're having dinner out at Inka Mama's, it's Peruvian food and it's wonderful!
Sturgis

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 04:30 pm
@jcboy,
Sounds delicious.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2015 04:44 pm
@jcboy,
Used to be a Peruvian restaurant in Venice - I remember liking the food.
0 Replies