Dinner tonight - or last night.

Editusrex

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 07:31 pm
@Rockhead,
I had yogurt, too, so it was moderately grownup... a little. But making meals at which my kiddos neither roll their eyes nor mutter ewwww makes cookin' for them a trial. No one around, mom took advantage of the chocolate cereal route Smile
ossobuco

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 09:10 pm
@Editusrex,
b a a a d. Kidding, listening.
roger

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 09:28 pm
@Editusrex,
Here's a mealtime tip for kids, Editus. When I was growing up, we always had two choices at dinner.

Take it or leave it.
ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 11:38 pm
nothing

I'm starving now. 1:37 a.m. Just back from Moonlight Tribe at Nuit Blanche. No way I could make it through the whole show til 7:00 a.m.

looking for bread and cheese or something equally simple
0 Replies

Editusrex

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 10:17 am
@ossobuco,
Smile ... it tasted yummy though lol. Back to the cookin, good parental example tonight!
0 Replies

Editusrex

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 10:18 am
@roger,
I need to learn that meal rule and apply it Smile
0 Replies

Editusrex

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 10:20 am
A big vat of s'ghetti tonight. That's one meal that goes over well, without fail.
farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 10:41 am
@Editusrex,
making chicken scaparelli tonite. Its a loooong process and takesseveral hours of cooking and simmering and then making a bowl of nice whole wheat pasta to serve it in.
Chicken, spice, peppers (ripe or banana, no damn green), italian sausage, mushrooms onions fennel sprigs. Its a really great meal
jcboy

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 07:14 pm
@farmerman,
We didn’t go out for dinner. I bought some fried chicken, potato salad and a bottle of wine. Marco, Isabel and I sat on the blanket having dinner and watched Antonio run barefooted in the sand.

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/richone4/beach_zpsaaa1526d.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 07:28 pm
Doctored up falafel - the stuff from a box, added mexican oregano, chile powder, parsley, bit of olive oil and baked them. They tasted better than usual with the added items. I have to learn to do this myself as I don't liked the crappo in boxed goods and slow cooking garbanzo is easy. I used my usual mayo with sweet and spicy pickle for a dip.
I guess I lied saying I don't buy packaged stuff, but hey, this has been in the cupboard a long time.

Will probably have a bowl of tomato and many things soup a bit later.
MMarciano

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 07:58 pm
@ossobuco,
Morgan made cornish hen's tonight for dinner, Antonio said he couldn't eat them because he thought they were baby chickens.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 09:13 pm
@MMarciano,
; )
0 Replies

outgoingpeep

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 02:46 pm
@MMarciano,
what exactly are cornish hens?
outgoingpeep

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 02:50 pm
@jcboy,
I've been reading your posts about food and your food looks and sounds good! I think I'm a pretty good cook myself, but I have never taken food lessons. Also, I've never heard the word Din Din before, I think it sounds cute.
jcboy

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 02:55 pm
@outgoingpeep,
outgoingpeep wrote:

what exactly are cornish hens?

I made them last night.

Quote:
In the United States, a Cornish game hen, also sometimes called a Cornish hen, poussin, Rock Cornish hen, or simply Rock Cornish, is a hybrid chicken sold whole. Despite the name, it is not a game bird, but actually a type of domestic chicken. Though the bird is called a "hen", it can be either male or female. In addition to commanding a higher price, the game hens have a shorter growing span, 28 to 30 days as opposed to 42 or more for regular chicken.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornish_game_hen

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg825/scaled.php?server=825&filename=hensu.jpg&res=landing
outgoingpeep

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 02:56 pm
@jcboy,
That looks good, now I'm getting really hungry!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 02:56 pm
@outgoingpeep,
outgoingpeep wrote:

I've been reading your posts about food and your food looks and sounds good! I think I'm a pretty good cook myself, but I have never taken food lessons. Also, I've never heard the word Din Din before, I think it sounds cute.

hehe I always call it din din Smile

I never knew how to cook so I decided to take a cooking class, I actually learned quite a bit, I still go twice a week! I love it.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 06:09 pm
@jcboy,
I put the remains of a broiled chicken in the crock pot.

it will be soup in a few hours...

did antonio make it home with all his fingers?
MMarciano

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 09:05 pm
@Rockhead,
He doesn't go on his field trip until next week Smile

Morgan said he's taking the day off and following the bus.

We had dinner on the waterfront this evening, A place called Fish Tails. Great company, the food? I liked it, Morgan is a little too picky and just thought it was okay.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 09:07 pm
@MMarciano,
was there mermaid decor?

that would end it for me...

(morgan better will be a mess before the day ever comes. a week...)