Dinner tonight - or last night.

MMarciano

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 09:11 pm
@Rockhead,
No mermaids. It’s all outdoors on the docks. Nice atmosphere, we were watching the lightening storm roll across the bay. Morgan sent his food back, ahi tuna, said it was too fatty.

Not sure yet if they will allow us back.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 09:13 pm
@MMarciano,
I understand.

I used to have a father-in-law like that.

except more like homer simpson. from arkansas.

what we really need to do is get him and morgan together for dinner...
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 05:40 pm
We had din din downtown, now at the postcard inn having cocktails and watching Antonio on the beach.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 05:45 pm
@jcboy,
Fatty tuna? At least yours was real tuna. (I was served some of that pink sludge stuff, after I asked about the tuna not being that when I ordered). Very annoying since I plain old love the restaurant otherwise. I have their sashimi, don't trust them on it.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 05:46 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh - tonight I'm having caramelized onion/chicken stock/hmade bread/provolone/herb soup.
jcboy

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 08:30 pm
@ossobuco,
We had dinner out tonight at Gratzi on the bay. I had the almond crusted mahi mahi and lemon cake for dessert, it was yummy.

After din din we took the cab to post card inn which is on the gulf side of St. Pete.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg267/scaled.php?server=267&filename=photopbm.jpg&res=landing

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg16/scaled.php?server=16&filename=photo1ds.jpg&res=landing
farmerman

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2012 04:56 am
@jcboy,
we ate at The Warf and I had a scallop and shrimp linguini with a side of mussels. It was great.rs F had a sole stuffed with crabmeat and a seaweed salad and a side of sauteed julienned veggies. I tasted it and liked the hint of garlic and prosciutto.

Dessert was little lemon cakes and a really good coffee. (Im amazed at how many really high end restaurants here in LEwes Del forget about coffee. Coffee is usually the last thing you remember about a place.

Good supper after which we went over to the inlet and watched a bacci tournament
ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Oct, 2012 06:48 am
@farmerman,
I agree re the coffee being important. Good tasting coffee after a good meal, there ya go.

Last evening I was exhausted from moving furniture and hours of cleaning and then cooking up a breakfast torta, so I punted on dinner and thawed and heated some ricotta gnocchi to go with a spicy tomato sauce. Followed by two molasses ginger walnut cookies. No coffee, just water. I was out like a light.
jcboy

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2012 04:50 pm
@ossobuco,
Tonight the Puerto Rican cooked, he made homemade salisbury steak’s and served them over toasted garlic bread. Din din was quite yummy!

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/richone4/din_zps31328c25.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2012 04:52 pm
@jcboy,
Thanksgiving leftovers.

Chicken, stuffing, peas and onions in a casserole. Cranberry sauce heaped on top.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2012 06:27 pm
Tonight we had dinner out. Went to outback steak house. Morgan is working the restaurants in town to sponsor him for next months Smartride from Miami to Key West.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2012 06:43 pm
@MMarciano,
Mmmm, tough steak, good company, last occasion I went there. They confused the word rare.
MMarciano

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2012 06:47 pm
@ossobuco,
Yep, their corporate office is in Tampa and Morgan knows an executive working there so he's been working the restaurants in town for sponsorships, almost like working the streets but don't tell him I said that Wink
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 04:58 pm
Marco cooked again tonight. He made BBQ ribs with mashed potatoes and sweet corn. The ribs were so tender the meat just fell off the bone.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/442/dinnerj.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 05:03 pm
@jcboy,
Egads that looks good.
Nice plate too.
jcboy

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 05:04 pm
@ossobuco,
They were quite tasty. The Puerto Rican is a pretty good chef, he learned how to cook from him mom and sister. Excellent cooks!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 05:29 pm
@jcboy,
that's it. Set's going to pick something up at the Rib House for us tonight. Burgers, ribs. I don't care. I just want something from the Rib House.
jcboy

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 03:43 pm
@ehBeth,
The Puerto Rican is showering, then we are going out for din din, I’m thinking Moon Under Water for tonight.
Ragman

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 03:53 pm
@jcboy,
I've read good reviews about that place. Ambience looks verrry-nice and menu looks fun. I was warned that it can take 45 mins to get a table for 4 in October.
jcboy

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 04:06 pm
@Ragman,
It's pretty good, we go once in a while, they sponsor me in the SmartRide so we usually get seated quickly.