Dinner tonight - or last night.

msolga

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 12:45 am
Dinner tonight is likely to consist of a big take-away vegetarian pizza. (from a very good pizza place, mind!)
The friend I'll be sharing dinner with has been home sick all week .... & I am... well ... frankly pooped at this point in time.
There are times when one is not too fussy about dinner.
This is one of those times! Smile
jcboy

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 09:18 am
@msolga,
Tonight we’re meeting friends for dinner in Tampa. Going to Fleming’s. I haven’t been to one since I lived in CA. There's one in Newport Beach.

http://www.flemingssteakhouse.com/locations/fl/Tampa?gclid=CNz38b2Hq7ECFQgEnQodFgoAMg
ehBeth

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 09:21 am
I'm considering turkey meatloaf wrapped in bacon ... need to figure out some veggies
0 Replies

Adam4Adam

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 05:13 pm
@jcboy,
Enjoy boys!

Currently at The Queens Head. Bangers & Mash!
jcboy

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 05:59 am
@Adam4Adam,
I promised Antonio I would make him spaghetti and meatballs so that’s what were having tonight.
jcboy

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 05:41 pm
@jcboy,
After work we went out for some seared ahi tuna at Avenue Grill! One of my favorites!

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg196/scaled.php?server=196&filename=tunau.jpg&res=landing
Adam4Adam

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 06:07 am
@jcboy,
Avenue grill isn't one of my favorites but that does look good.

You two eat out too much, what happened to your cooking?
ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 08:13 am
Last night: thawed/heated potato-corn-tomato-chili pepper-smidge of chorizo soup.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 05:33 pm
@Adam4Adam,
I still cook I've just been too busy.

Tonight Marco made my favorite, Chili Verde with beans and rice. I swear his is better then you will find in any restaurant. It was delicious!
ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 05:45 pm
Had a wonderful late afternoon meal with Diane and Shewolf and Shewolf's daughter at one of Diane's and my and now Shewolf's favorite restaurants in Albuquerque, the very local Sushi Xuan (mixed asian foods).

I had my usual favorite, gyoza with hot sauce - it's a full meal for me. (I've got to break out and try some of the lo meins, thai dishes, and more of the sushi.
jcboy

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 05:53 pm
@ossobuco,
I consider myself a sushi brat lol, I could have that every night!
jcboy

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 04:46 pm
@jcboy,
We're getting a bite to eat at Caddy's on the beach, then going to watch the sun set.

Antonio is running barefoot in the sand!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:03 pm
@jcboy,
Ms. Picky is a sushi brat too, of long standing and impeccable standards. The tuna wrap a few weeks ago was a huge no, not like a real tuna roll. I had this long talk with the waiter about what I expected, who understood me - in itself a new thing re me and wait staff in Abq. (I'mMikehowareyoutodaywouldyoulikepie?)
This guy was very sharp. Also cute, and I'm too old for him by generations. Not a charmer exactly, not faux like that. He just knew a lot about what he was talking about.
I'll be wary but will try their sashimi.
Once.

I've never had good fish here, except once when I ordered a scallop appetizer at the Indigo Crow, which generally knows what they are doing. (Don't ask Roger, together we had a poor experience there, but I'd had ten good ones before that) and so had some other discerning a2kers besides moi.

Walter, Bernie, Lola, Dys, Diane, two friends from LA, and so on. But when I bullied Roger to go there, we were seated in the bar, waitstaff didn't see us, everything took forever, and he didn't like his burger.

So, for me, both places are quite good, and mess up from time to time.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:21 pm
@Adam4Adam,
You know that, archmaking and packing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 05:22 pm
@jcboy,
Lean on Marco to give me his recipe, por favor.
jcboy

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 07:55 pm
@ossobuco,
I will do that, his is wonderful! He said he makes it from scratch but will put the recipe together for you this weekend!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 08:02 pm
Chile verde is the thing around here, but I'm not entirely New Mexico invested yet. A lot of it is a way of pouring salsa on burgers over cheap cheese. I've had pork cooked with it, but remain unconvinced, dead dryish pork and spice.

Not to challenge Marco. Just wondering. Maybe he'll liberate me and chile verde.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 08:31 pm
@ossobuco,
Also, Infra Blue knows what he is talking about here. Maybe he'll show up.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 12:45 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Chile verde is the thing around here, but I'm not entirely New Mexico invested yet. A lot of it is a way of pouring salsa on burgers over cheap cheese. I've had pork cooked with it, but remain unconvinced, dead dryish pork and spice.

Not to challenge Marco. Just wondering. Maybe he'll liberate me and chile verde.

Chile verde is, for the most part, pork in a green chile sauce, not quite a stew. In Spanish it's called a guiso or guisado, literally, a "simmer," or a "simmering."

Usually what goes on cheeseburgers is roasted green chiles, like the New Mexico variety you all grow up there.

It's not the fault of the chile verde that the pork was dry. The pork was overcooked, as can happen with any recipe calling for pork, and I'm sure you know how easy it is to overdo pork.

I'm looking forward to Marco's recipe if he's willing to share it.
jcboy

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2012 04:11 pm
Marco said he would type up the recipe and post it this weekend. I love it! It's very tender and in a green sauce, I like putting it on a corn tortilla with some beans and cheese.

We are staying in tonight and having a relaxing evening at home. I’m using Marco’s deep fryer and making homemade buffalo chicken fingers with mac and cheese!

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg201/scaled.php?server=201&filename=7271.jpg&res=landing
0 Replies