Dinner tonight - or last night.

margo

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 12:38 pm
A dozen rock oysters each. Bought from our favourite oyster farmer about an hour south of here at Greenwell Point.

We sit on the terrace overlooking the beach with a tea-towel in one hand, so we won't stab ourselves - and then go to battle with each one, using our oyster knives. A glass of something white and cold accompanies.

Summer on the south coast!
dlowan

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 02:25 pm
@margo,
Mmmmmmmmm......
jcboy

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 06:31 pm
@dlowan,
I made dinner tonight. This morning I put a roast in the slow cooker and let it cook for 8 hours until the meat was so tender you could shred it. Then I cooked some refried beans, sliced up tomato, cheese and made a batch of Marco’s homemade salsa. Shredded beef burritos! Antonio ate two of them!

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5883/dinner122811.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 08:12 pm
@jcboy,
looks delicious

~~~~

I had leftovers. I do love leftovers!

shredded some of the chicken from the meal we had with hamburgboy, put it on top of the last of the Christmas mash (about 2 tablespoons), took some gravy from the ham roast, nuked the whole concoction

it was scrumptious

eating more of the mini mandarins (each one is just a bit bigger than one of my thumb joints)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 10:23 pm
My most awesome daughter treated us to turkey chili via slow cooke over the holidays, so today( since K loved it so) - I tried it. It was totally yum. I made a spinach pear salad cause I am so jiggy, and we had an apple as well.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 12:25 pm
Sis took me out to her favorite Japanese bistro here in Vancouver Ca.
I don't know what the dishes were called but they were delish.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 02:11 pm
Marco's turn to cook tonight, I send him an emailing asking what's for din din, he said what ever he puts on that damn table! blah blah blah!
msolga

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 06:03 pm
@jcboy,
Maybe my first pesto for the season tonight.
My potted basil is looking quite abundant this morning!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 06:06 pm
@msolga,
I'm making a batch of pork sausages again, this time a double batch. Will probably have one of them with a baked potato and I'll try making a light salad with prev cooked kale/olive oil/lemon. No garlic, as the sausages are spicy and garlicky.
jcboy

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 06:56 pm
@ossobuco,
One of Marco’s Christmas gifts was a deep fryer. He used it tonight for the first time and made Paula Deans fried chicken recipe. It was the best I ever had. I would have gotten pictures but I’m not allowed in the kitchen when he’s cooking.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 29 Dec, 2011 11:01 pm
@jcboy,
Ha!

I'm afraid of deep frying myself (let's just say I'm clumsy), though I really liked stir frying with a wok, still like well fried stuff but hardly ever have it.
jcboy

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 04:13 pm
@ossobuco,
That thing sure makes good fried chicken!

We’re getting ready for our Friday evening dinner out. Tonight is Antonio’s pick and he like the buffet at the Chinese restaurant, that way he can pick out what he likes to eat.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 04:19 pm
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
One of Marco’s Christmas gifts was a deep fryer. . . .
A chubby old fart from Massachusetts hopes you both get fat.
jcboy

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 04:21 pm
@George,
I'll probably be as big as the house by summer if I'm not careful! Cool
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 05:14 pm
@jcboy,
Oh yeah! Paula Deans isn't a good role model for any kitchen! I've seen her when she put a fattening hamburger patty in between two donuts and ate it....brrrrrr, it shakes me just thinking about it.
jcboy

Reply Fri 30 Dec, 2011 07:40 pm
@CalamityJane,
Eck! that sounds gross! hehe

0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2011 04:27 am
After washing a whole stack of dishes, the last thing I wanted to do was create even more work ...

So tonight's dinner: Lebanese flatbread cut in half & stuffed with lots of lettuce, cheese, juicy tomato slices, cucumber slices, chopped spring onion greens, & alflafa sprouts with a generous dollop of fresh whole-milk yoghourt on top .....

YUM!

Delicious, but VERY messy to eat!
That's why I dined outside.

Later for dessert: either cherries, or a chunk of yellow melon....
I think it might be the cherries.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 31 Dec, 2011 07:47 am
The Lovely Bride and I went out on a date last night, dinner at Cafe
Escadrille in Burlington. I had a Stoli vodka martini (straight up, twist of
lemon) and an oysters Rockefeller appetizer. That was followed by a
garden salad with honey mustard dressing. For the main course I had a
brodetto (an Italian savory fish stew) containing mussels, clams, scallops,
lobster and sea bass over linguine. I washed that down with a glass of
cabernet sauvignon. I should not have had dessert, but of course I did.
A hot, fudgy brownie topped with vanilla ice cream.

Oy.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 05:50 pm
Marco is using his deep fryer again tonight, making me homemade hot wings Cool
ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 05:55 pm
@jcboy,
leftover corned beef hash

I'd never had it before yesterday. Not bad stuff. I think I'd like it even more with a lot more onions.