Dinner tonight - or last night.

MMarciano

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 04:37 pm
Morgan is attempting to make another meatloaf tonight. I better set the oven temperature for him.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 08:24 pm
My meatloaf came out pretty good! I bought this pre-made meat, beef and pork and it was already seasoned, just bake it and dinner is served!
ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 Dec, 2011 09:12 pm
@jcboy,
Slowcooked soup - onions, potatoes, cabbage, kale, chicken broth, minced garlic, oregano, not a lot of chile pepper, black pepper, broken up homemade hot ital pork sausage, some bread croutons. Glass of merlot.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 22 Dec, 2011 06:08 pm
@jcboy,
It's that time of year - meatloaf by the menorah!
ehBeth

Reply Sun 25 Dec, 2011 04:47 pm
@ehBeth,
spiral cut ham is in the oven - gonna have a kinda spicy glaze (not really glaze, more mmmm sauce)

sweet potatoes are boiling, regular taters and cauliflower go in the pot in 10 minutes for a nice mash

I poached chicken thighs in salsa/broth (1st batch) and hamburger relish/broth (2nd batch) in the morning. I'm shredding the chicken to go into the dressing (sort of instant leftovers). Lotsa celery and peppers are going into the dressing as well.

Brussel sprouts and corn will be finished off right at the end.
jcboy

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 07:11 am
@ehBeth,
I’m off today. Going to do some grocery shopping and later will be making a chicken casserole. I found this recipe online, stay tuned!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-florentine-casserole/detail.aspx
ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 07:19 am
@jcboy,
you might want to find another version of this

I'm not convinced that canned spinach is going to result in something you'll want to make again.

See if you can find a version with fresh or frozen spinach.

Otherwise, it looks like something not too difficult to make.
jcboy

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 05:42 pm
@ehBeth,
I changed my mind. We are downtown having dinner Smile
ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 06:34 pm
@jcboy,
Am I supposed to be surprised?

Wink

We had a pretty substantial meal with hamburgboy early this afternoon. It may be a while before I'm hungry again.
jcboy

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 06:42 pm
@ehBeth,
hehe Nice sushi boat at the Queen and I tonight. Antonio is becoming a little sushi lover!

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/8231/sushiboat.jpg
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 08:08 pm
@ehBeth,
I knew he would get out of cooking tonight.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 08:30 pm
@MMarciano,
I'm thousands of miles away, in another country, and I could smell it happening ...
MMarciano

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 08:49 pm
@ehBeth,
I knew it would happen when I saw him looking at a recipe online.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 09:03 pm
I'm many thousands of miles away - in a different hemisphere - and I could see it coming! Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 Dec, 2011 09:21 pm
Diane and I had a very substantial meal cooked by Butrflynet at BBB and BFN's place with the additional company of a quite wonderful neighbor. Diane brought a great salad in a great serving dish, I brought some not very fetching holiday decorations; it was quite the repast. Appetizer of crispy shrimp with delicious sauce for a dip; the salad - rice with lots of goodies in it; salmon wellington (ooooh, real salmon again, be still my heart), orzo pasta with peas and lemon (a favorite dish - I do a similar but different one, liked BFN's as much as my own, filled up on that first), baked zucchini (yellow and green), big pitcher of water with lemons, bottle of gerolsteiner mineral water brought by me and only touched by me; boysenberry and cabernet grape sorbet, followed by red velvet cake (which I took home for a nice breakfast), tea and coffee.

Burp.
jcboy

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 06:38 pm
@ossobuco,
Marco made dinner tonight. Some kind of mushroom and cheese stuffed chicken breast with rice, it was delicious. Tomorrow night is my turn to cook.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 06:42 pm
@jcboy,
cheese bun with leftovers from the glazed ham roast and sweet hot mustard

a few honey mandarin oranges

making tea now to eat with a couple of timbits
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 08:04 pm
Now I'm curious where we will be eating tomorrow night?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Dec, 2011 08:14 pm
leftover salmon salad sandwich, green beans with olive oil, garlic, slight bit of lemon
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 28 Dec, 2011 05:50 am
@MMarciano,
Tuna with mixed lettuce, tomatoes, capsicum, olive oil and a wee bit of balsamic, freshly ground black pepper and salt and fresh basil and Vietnamese mint from my herb pot.
0 Replies