Dinner tonight - or last night.

mismi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 06:00 pm
@ehBeth,
I think I am making Hamburger Helper. Beef noodles or something like that. I haven't got the gumption to be creative. Open a can o' peas with it and I have effectively saved my family from being hungry.

Thank goodness they aren't picky eaters.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 06:02 pm
@mismi,
I think peas (and onions) can make just about anything wonderful.
mismi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 06:03 pm
@ehBeth,
I absolutely agree. Smile And I love easy.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 06:20 pm
@mismi,
Quote:
Thank goodness they aren't picky eaters.

Beef noodles beats take-away food in my book, Missy.
Sometimes we just have to do the best we can ... & that's a good effort in your situation! Smile

Like tonight I plan to reheat last night's pasta (tossed with a tuna sauce, with green peppers, tomatoes, basil & lots of other stuff) ... I've looked at what I need to do today & am perfectly happy not to have to factor in cooking & cleaning ...
Hey, I might even have enough left over for the next night! Very Happy
mismi

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 06:22 pm
@msolga,
Quote:
Hey, I might even have enough left over for the next night!

Which is always a positive thing. Love leftovers. Smile They always taste better the second day. Maybe even the third Wink
msolga

Reply Tue 3 Jan, 2012 06:26 pm
@mismi,
So long as you don't eat them during the day! Wink

But yes, I agree.
Nothing wrong with left0vers.
And they definitely beat KFC for dinner! Anytime!
jcboy

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 10:00 am
@msolga,
Since the weather is so cold Marco said he’s going to be making a cheesy ham and potatoes soup for tonight, sounds yummy!
Irishk

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 11:39 am
@jcboy,
Hmmm...in the next life I may just marry me a chef!
jcboy

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 06:23 pm
@Irishk,
It was actually very good, he also put white beans in it and we had it with buttered biscuits Cool
0 Replies

outgoingpeep

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 06:28 pm
Speaking of biscuits, I just made some home made biscuits and they came out really tasty!
ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2012 06:29 pm
@outgoingpeep,
you kids are making me hungry!
jcboy

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 11:12 am
@ehBeth,
I may have to cook tonight, not sure if I can get out of it this time Cool
MMarciano

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 02:00 pm
@jcboy,
I'm sure you can't, I'll pre-heat the stove.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 02:08 pm
@jcboy,
Make a meatloaf.

Need a recipe?
mismi

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 02:22 pm
Grilled chicken with penne pasta and pesto. Cesar salad. Ripe little yummy tomatoes. Croutons. They can almost be a side for me. yum.

So excited.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 02:24 pm
@mismi,
Early yet.
Might be the day to make a risotto (got some shrimp at the market yesterday).
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 02:46 pm
@ossobuco,
My wife and I have been saying that we need to try making risotto after watching it constantly being made on the Food Network. We even saw when Wolfgang Puck smacked down a Food Network Star contestant for trying to pass off her dry and clumpy concoction as a risotto. "This is not a risotto! I will show you what a risotto is!" And he proceeded to school her, humiliating her before the other judges and contestants. We felt so embarrassed for the girl!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 02:56 pm
@InfraBlue,
I stopped making it a lot (used to do it often) when I couldn't get real italian arborio anymore. There are other rices that work in risotto but they'd also be sold at particular markets I can't easily get to. I've tried Lundberg arborio a couple of times, and either it is somehow different from italian, or I've lost my golden touch, which is quite possible.

Diane gave me a package of an italian superfino arborio (company is Bellino), so I'll try that. Only time I've cooked with superfino, I've mucked it up, overcooking it, being used to the larger grained arborios.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 02:59 pm
@InfraBlue,
On the food show, I'm tv-less, which is probably a good thing as I'd get all irritated at the food contest shows..

Wonder if Alton Brown has a video - he tends to be pretty sharp on how to do stuff.
MMarciano

Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2012 03:08 pm
@Butrflynet,
He can't follow recipes unless he's viewing it from the TV Wink
0 Replies