Dinner tonight - or last night.

jcboy

Reply Thu 15 Dec, 2011 06:40 pm
Tonight Marco made fettuccini alfredo. Then he pounded flat boneless, skinless chicken breast, breaded and fried them. Delicious!
jcboy

Reply Fri 16 Dec, 2011 08:30 pm
@jcboy,
Tonight we had dinner downtown at Bella Brava, it's okay but not as great as people said it was.

http://www.bellabrava.com/
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 04:57 pm
mushroom stew over a mashed mix of yellow potato and rutabaga
ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 05:16 pm
@djjd62,
rotisserie chicken with wedges

I love Loblaws on days like this
jcboy

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 05:29 pm
I was supposed to cook tonight but we got home too late so I picked up dinners at a place called Po Folks. It’s kind of diner style food but they have the best-fried chicken!

http://www.pofolks.com/
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 05:36 pm
@ehBeth,
I've been eating too much pizza - made a good one yesterday, now cut into frozen slices, had two fresh last evening and one reheated this a.m. (provolone, sausage bits, artichoke heart, kalamata olive slices, all fairly spare); kale tart after that for lunch.

So, soup tonight -
thawed bottle of slow cooked white beans with their liquid (I used to dump that liquid but I'm over being ms. superfart and into being nofart, my lady), chicken broth, water, linguini bits, soon some homemade ital pork sausage (never buying supermarket stuff again), and maybe or maybe not, some scoops of enchilada sauce from a can. Dried parsley, for whatever its worth.

edit - doesn't need any enchilada sauce, good already; added a 1/4 slice pre cooked and frozen bacon, waiting to add the fresh sausage.
jcboy

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 06:56 pm
@ossobuco,
Tomorrow night I will be cooking. I’m going to give the meatballs another try. This time they won’t be so mushy that they fall apart. Stay tuned!
msolga

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 07:21 pm
@jcboy,
We will!
Make sure to report back, jc!

Tonight: a small free range chicken "something" . ( great bargain & the shops yesterday. I bought 2. One is in the freezer for another day.) Not sure what yet. Any inspired suggestions would be much appreciated. I need a change from the (usual) "dish of the season" today. Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 07:53 pm
@jcboy,
Mushy is better than ping pong balls..
jcboy

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 04:30 pm
@ossobuco,
My meatballs are cooking. I put in an egg, parmesan cheese and some bread crumb, then fried them in fresh garlic and butter before putting them in the sauce. Well at least they smell good.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/1584/din4.jpg

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1751/din3.jpg

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/5213/din2p.jpg

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4391/din1.jpg
Ragman

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 04:38 pm
@jcboy,
Have mercy. You're killing me!
jcboy

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 04:40 pm
@Ragman,
The house smells good, not sure about the taste yet but at least they are not falling apart in the sauce Smile
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 05:36 pm
@Ragman,
They were quite tasty, he did good even though he did have a fever.
Ragman

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 06:10 pm
@MMarciano,
Do you think this fever is from the tetanus shot? Maybe it's unrelated and it's those holiday cold-flu germs that are running their course?
MMarciano

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 06:38 pm
@Ragman,
Yep, he had a fever of 98.6. almost had to take him in the emergency room Laughing
ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 06:43 pm
@MMarciano,
Ok, I laughed out loud for a full thirty seconds.

And good, jc, meatballs are sort of a cooking trap. Glad to see they worked out.
MMarciano

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 07:03 pm
@ossobuco,
You know I just checked his laptop, he actually did put me on ignore Laughing
ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 07:35 pm
@MMarciano,
On tetanus shots, I'll go with Marco.

As a bacti major, I learned it was seven years. Later I learned fourteen was ok (but don't tell the patients). Better safe than sorry, in any case

Me, I hadn't had one in a couple of decades and got one again recently. Three shots that day, flu, pneumo, tet. The tet was the one that was mildly aggravating.

On shots - my cousin had a lot of shots as a toddler and has been life long freaked.
I didn't, though I had a few, including a memorable incredibleoma of a penicillin shot with the one ear ache of my life. I didn't know how to swear back then so I screamed.

I was interested in medicine as I aged, and so I figured that I needed to be brave.
Anyway, I later used to train people to take blood by using my veins. Not a classroom full of people, just those learning in our research lab, but quite a a few, as I need blood to do ANA smears.

Soon I worried about being caught with vein use when entering a foreign (sic) country. I always wore long tee shirts, etc., on airplanes. Not that my veins looked like junkie's - but could be a cause for alarm.

I get needle fear, but don't have it myself. What I remember is patient fear, that is mine.
I once was sent to take blood samples from an old aged home, as they called them then, and had a million year old woman scream at me.. anyway, I took an aliquot of her blood, but I nearly crumped doing it.

Alternately, I was once sent up in the hollywood hills to a bed with an adolescent with probable mono. This involved from me a mix of assertiveness and kindness, though the kindness was dissipating. It worked out.

I'm also famous to myself for pushing my way into a patient's room and taking a sample, finding out later what I knew but tossed off, that she was a mucky mucky. Turned out to be a big donor to the clinic. I had my rounds.
Now I might look at that less benignly, or maybe not.

ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 07:36 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, wait, dinner.
More of yesterday's soup.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 Dec, 2011 07:48 pm
had flatbread with melted cheese and mushrooms

I'm boiling down last night's rotisserie chicken carcase (sp?) - not sure if it's for soup for the humans in the house tomorrow, or the start of the broth to use with the dogs' kibble next week - smells scrumptious
0 Replies