Excellent sushi tonight.

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9804/sushio.jpg
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 12:18 pm
@MMarciano,
MMarciano wrote:

My red beans recipe.

I cook the beans for three to four hours, while their cooking I fry fours slices of bacon until crispy. Crumble them up and put them in the beans. I dice an onion, green bell pepper and garlic; fry them in a skillet with a little olive oil. Dump them in the beans, then put a few diced tomatoes and a diced jalapeno, mix it all together and serve it over white rice.

That recipe sounds good! Is that a traditional way of cooking habichuelas?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 12:23 pm
@CalamityJane,
Red beans, i.e. kidney beans.

This reminds me:

Michael Franti & Spearhead "Red Beans and Rice"

Git down!
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 01:04 pm
@InfraBlue,
Here's one of my favorite cake recipes:

http://able2know.org/topic/180673-7#post-4813586

BBB
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 07:57 pm
I have become meat challenged, but don't call me vegan...

baked butternut squash and some sauteed spinach with big sliced mushrooms.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2011 08:32 pm
@InfraBlue,
Funny! I just had this conversation with my teenager who enlightened me that she'll eat only beans and rice from now on. She doesn't like meat too well and I gave her a long nutritional talk about the necessity of proteins etc. and then she comes up with beans + rice. Oh well, teenagers...
jcboy

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 05:41 pm
@CalamityJane,
Tonight Marco is making pork chops with collard greens, I never had collard greens before.
Ragman

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 06:06 pm
@jcboy,
Collards are good eatings. A pat of butter (if it's allowed) or a drizzle of olive oil make it a tasty treat.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 06:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
She is of course right, mostly.

This will pass.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 06:10 pm
@Ragman,
I like them too. Got to cook them right away as they are large re my fridge places.
Irishk

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 06:13 pm
@ossobuco,
I only bought collard greens once. Found a worm, cleaning them. Traumatized for life!
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 06:33 pm
@Ragman,
He cooked them with onion and a hamhock, we did put a little butter and salt over them, quite tasty!
Ragman

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2011 06:38 pm
@jcboy,
nice. Some point you mgiht try ham with a currant sauce and a little brown sugar as it cooks.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 05:29 am
Shared one of those big "four corners" pizzas & a couple of glasses of wine with a friend tonight. Sitting on her back veranda, being eaten alive by mosquitoes, on this very pleasant warm evening.
jcboy

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 05:21 pm
@msolga,
Our pals Tommy and Jeff invited the three of us over for dinner at 7:00. Then we will come home and make it a movie night!
jcboy

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 12:04 pm
@jcboy,
We are having a bit of a cold spell so I’m going to be making a homemade beef stew. I’m trying to follow a recipe. Carrots, onion, garlic, celery and potatoes, oh and busch light too!

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/96/dinner121011.jpg

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/7228/dinner1210112.jpg
Irishk

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 02:50 pm
@jcboy,
Mr.Irish is making chili with beer (some might even make it into the chili lol).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 02:53 pm
@msolga,
went to the Noodle Bowl with Brenda Lee last night - in anticipation of a window shopping adventure and then a wonderful Spanish Christmas concert.

We shared chicken dumplings and then crispy bbq chow mein and beef with ginger and onion on rice. Lots of leftovers for Setanta for last night AND this morning.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 03:03 pm
I thinking of gearing up for some cooking - a kale/zucchini/onion/ricotta torte, maybe two of them, to freeze, and a torta di mele (a cakey thing with a lot of sliced apples) - in which case I'll have a slice of each.

Or, if I pass and do other stuff than cooking, I'll have some leftover weird soup - part of a package of Tasty Bites spicy eggplant that I mixed with a leftover homemade spicy tomato noodle soup that I mixed with a thawed package of cauliflower (if you follow that - I was taming the spices in the eggplant, which I've liked before but struck me as too hot when I tasted it this time, and I'm pretty brave on spices). It's only two here, plenty of time..

On packaged products, I usually shun, but I like that company, except that they use, to me, way too much salt. It's possible I might kill for their Kashmir spinach (saag paneer), though I generally love that at indian restaurants, and the packaged stuff is not as good.. but, frankly, addictive. The only time I tried to make it myself, the recipe was oinking full of too much flavor relative to my experience in bunches of indian restaurants. I'd be trying it again but spinach in my market here is pathetic. So...... I need to play with changing the greens, to chard/collards/mustard greens, etc. I'll save that for another day.
jcboy

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2011 05:52 pm
@ossobuco,
I cooked tonight, baked potatoes, green beans and T-bones on the grill. Easy pesy.
0 Replies