Dinner tonight - or last night.

MMarciano

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 09:05 pm
@ehBeth,
Tommy and Jeff is a couple we met, they have been together for seven years now. They moved to Florida a year ago from San Antonio Texas. Tommy is a pretty good cook. Tonight he made a chicken and shrimp gumbo that was to die for.
msolga

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 11:31 pm
@MMarciano,
That sounds absolutely delicious, Marco. Wish I could have had some!

My last night's dinner & also left-overs for tonight's dinner: pasta with a vegetarian "Bolognaise" sauce.
Not bad yesterday but tastes even better today.
farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 04:00 am
@msolga,
Mrs F made some great panini -like sammiches with a penne pasta salad with parmeson cheese. Then she apparently found some cannolis near town and she snuck them into the frdige without me seeing. It was a great dinner for a sat night. Small portions except for the cannolis. (A dessert for which Ive been known to kill indescriminantly)
Setanta

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 04:07 am
Now i've got an ad at the bottom of the page for: Great vegetarian recipes and more! Silk Beverages. Coupon available
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 01:09 pm
Morgan has been in the kitchen making chicken gumbo. I watched him make the rue and so far so good.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 02:59 pm
Stoli vodka martini, straight up, twist
Lump crab cakes with mustard sauce, red cabbage salad, crusty rolls
Caffe latte
farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 04:57 pm
@George,
bacon and eggs. Shes been busy all day and Im still not up to heavy industrial cooking.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 23 Oct, 2011 07:15 pm
@farmerman,
Now why did you have to put this idea into my head, farmer?

http://cdn.taste.com.au/images/recipes/del/2006/12/14779.jpg

Now I'm going to have to fight the urge to visit the Italian pastry place when I go shopping this afternoon! Love those cannolis! Yum.

Tonight: Deb's chicken, garlic & lemon recipe. With steamed rice & some green vegetable yet to be determined. Depends on what looks appealing at the market this afternoon.
dlowan

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 05:29 am
@msolga,
How you finding that? I do all manner of variants these days.

Dinner for me was a pear....lovely one.
msolga

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 07:39 pm
@dlowan,
I still cook the original recipe you gave me, Deb.
One of the easiest "success guaranteed" recipes I know of.
You have no idea how many times I've cooked it now! Last summer we called it "the dish of the season", I cooked it so many times. Ha.

Variants?
Do tell!
margo

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 07:40 pm
Yeah - and tell me the recipe again! pleeaassee!
George

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 02:36 pm
The Lovely Bride made lobster Cantonese last night.
Messy, but delicious.
farmerman

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2011 02:47 pm
@George,
whats in lobster cantonese?

She is making pork potstickers and some kind of rice dish . # pot stickers and about 1 cup of the rice stuff. A nice dessert of esperesso and shortbreads with jelly.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 05:02 am
@margo,
margo wrote:

Yeah - and tell me the recipe again! pleeaassee!

Get a chook. Pop it on its back and split it down the middle and squish it out.

Put oil in a really tightly closeable pot and put in a head of garlic, with the cloves separated and some of the "paper" rubbed off, but leaving a skin on each clove.

Pop in the chook and brown on both sides. Pop in the juice of one or two lemons, I use little, and some soy sauce or coarse salt and ground black pepper. Put lid on pan and allow to cook over a low heat until meat is tender.

Eat...with what takes your fancy.

I often no longer bother to cut the chook open, and I take off the fattiest parts. I also often leave out the lemon and add veggies, and/or barley and beans or lentils and such, whatever I feel like. If you add beans you may well need to add some stock. Flavor to taste.
dlowan

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 05:04 am
@msolga,
Glad it's been such a success!

0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 26 Oct, 2011 11:46 pm
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Get a chook. Pop it on its back and split it down the middle and squish it out.

Merci, madame!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 03:24 am
Last night's left-overs for tonight's dinner: very spicy chick peas (& I mean VERY spicy!), steamed Jasmine rice, plus some steamed flat green beans.
I'll put the rest of the humongous batch of chick peas I made last night in the freezer. I think I've had enough of spice for a little while! Smile
dlowan

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 06:25 am
@msolga,
I'm making chick pea surprise for tomorrow.

Put some stuff in it...still needs some other stuff.....still making it up.
JPB

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2011 07:54 am
@dlowan,
that sounds fun!

I'm making my first attempt at chicken tandoori. It's been marinating since yesterday. Can't wait to try it!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 31 Oct, 2011 01:17 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
chick pea surprise

That sounds great! Could I have the recipe, please? Smile Wink

No seriously, Deb, what did you end up making?
Good?

Dinner tonight: salmon steaks & salad.
The good news: I won't be cooking or preparing anything.
Yay!