Dinner tonight - or last night.

mismi

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 07:08 pm
@CalamityJane,
I grilled chicken tonight....had a salad with romaine, compari tomatoes and feta with toasted pine nuts. The thing I did new was take cauliflauer and put it in the food processor until it was the consistency of couscous, I steamed it in the microwave until it was heated through and tender...added butter salt and pepper - it was quite yummy.

last night I made Grillades and grits...it's like a stew without potatoes and you serve it over the grits...so good.

0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 07:09 pm
cold today, made some chili in the crock pot, with some ciabatta buns
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 07:26 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth, I've been think of buying a George Foreman grill. You seem to use your a lot...why? Is it easy to clean? Superior to a grill pan (the kind with ridges...I have one with Teflon, one is cast iron.)
Jose Cuervo

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 06:58 pm
@Kara,
I stilll prefer charcoal. Gas r electric only in a pinch (OW!)

I'm grilling some yardbird (chicken breast) for casear salad Mmmmm...

Hi ehBeth ;^}
ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 07:12 pm
@Jose Cuervo,
Jose Cuervo, so good to see you!

The Yardbirds...
Jose Cuervo

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 07:22 pm
@ossobuco,
Nice 2 c u 2 ;^}
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 03:45 am
An almost cool night - the 2nd in a row! Surprised
I decided that a "proper" cooked meal was in order. About time!
So I set up the "griller thing" on the table outside the kitchen window. Pulled the cord inside the window to the power point. Hey, ready to go! High tech cooking! Very Happy
Grilled 3 Spiced pork & fennel sausages, cut through the middle to cook flat. Plus some steamed potatoes & green beans. (Inside, on the stove-top.)
A little bit of butter & freshly ground pepper to toss the potatoes in, some fresh chutney for the sausages ....
That was dinner. Very nice it was, too!
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 07:27 am
@Jose Cuervo,
Jose Cuervo, (I almost abbreviated your name to your initials...then thought better of it....wouldn't want you to start making pronouncements...) A George Foreman grill is a counter-top thingie, with a cover that closes while the food is cooking...I've seen ads for them. It is a cross between a panini maker and a grill. I've heard people heaping praise on them and want to know why.
djjd62

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 07:50 am
couple of pork chops quick seared in a pan, some v8 low sodium poured over some basil and black pepper, cover and simmer, when almost done, remove cover to reduce sauce, prepare some egg noodles

chops on the side, noodles and sauce, with a salad
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 08:22 pm
Quiche! Ha! I haven't made it in years. Asparagus quiche...makes me think it's Spring.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 08:40 pm
@Kara,
G'day, Kara...long time no see...!

I use my George Foreman grill a fair bit!

It's fast, fat-free cooking, and is easy to keep clean.

I run mine under hot water and wipe down with a paper towel, or something similarly soft.

I use it to grill various meats, including flattened chicken breasts, and it's great for bacon - the fat runs off into the little dishy thing - which I wipe out and then put in dishwasher.

It also makes great toasted sambos. (easy at breakfast!)
mismi

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 08:50 pm
@margo,
lemon pepper chicken - baked
broccoli and rice, dinner rolls.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 08:54 pm
We had a freebie to Furrs Fresh Buffet tonight.
Small piece liver smothered in onions, small serving of fried zucchini, small serving of carrot casserole, large helping of broccoli/cauliflower salad with side of fresh fruit. Overate, but yum.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2009 09:24 pm
@Foxfyre,
I need to try that, fox. I grew up with liver as icky leather, but learned otherwise from restaurants some time later. I plan to explore - no, I mean, really.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 05:02 am
Made a big batch of msolga's famous rissoles yesterday. Enough in the freezer for about 4 meals later on & had a couple tonight with steamed broccoli & potatoes. If I do say so myself, I make a pretty mean rissole! Wink
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 06:21 am
Petite servings of chicken pot pie (like dumplings but flat) and a side of fresh asparagus and another side of steamed fresh mushrooms.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 06:39 am
sliced up some skinless chicken breast, quick sear the pieces in a pan with some red and yellow peppers and ginger, transfer to a dish with some pineapple sauce and into the oven, served with a sort of fried rice (basmati rice mixed with peas and onion)
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 02:36 pm

soup
msolga

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 11:45 pm
@Endymion,
Quote:
soup

Good for you, Endy. Have lots of good, healthy, delicious soup!

Just the thing in the cold! Very Happy
ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 11:51 pm
@msolga,
Spicy capocolla (ham) and swiss with mayo and artichoke hearts on mixed grain toast; strange blend of red wine and cranberry raspberry juice on ice.
0 Replies