Dinner tonight - or last night.

msolga

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 05:43 am
@Dutchy,
(Thank god you posted, Dutchy, I was in danger of making myself ill, for a while there! Wink)

Very sensible choice for a 43 C degree day!

I wonder what we'll be eating by the weekend? Ice cubes?
Dutchy

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 05:57 am
@msolga,
Since dinner I've had a few stubbies of Crown Lager and they went down extremely well msolga. Wink

We've been told this heat will continue well into next week, so ice cubes may well be on the cards.
msolga

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 06:03 am
@Dutchy,
What's that SA or WA ( cloudy) beer, Dutchy? With the red sticker. When it get really hot, that's my beer of choice!
Dutchy

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 06:40 am
@msolga,
I'm sorry msolga, can't help you with that one, there are so many different brands on the market nowsadays its hard to keep track off them all. I love Crown Lager, a little bit dearer than the rest, but a good drop I reckon.
msolga

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 06:45 am
@Dutchy,
That's OK, Dutchy. I can "see" it in my mind. But can I remember the name? No.

Hey, I just did!!!! As I was typing. Coopers.
Dutchy

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 06:55 am
@msolga,
Coopers Ale is a local brand, how about that, I have tasted it but prefer Crown Lager.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 07:34 am
Tonight: skinless chicken thighs (rubbed with 5 spice powder) & braised, sitting on top of a mixture of spring onions, garlic, chopped celery, corn kernels & baby carrots - in chicken stock & a few other Asian flavourings. Served on plain steamed rice. Not bad.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 08:02 am
snow, snow and more snow

just put a crock pot of turkey soup together for supper
ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 11:56 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

snow, snow and more snow

and more snow

I took chicken out of the freezer last night. Maybe a chunky chicken soup tonight?
ehBeth

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 06:40 pm
@ehBeth,
home after a lonnnnnng drive home in that icky snow

no time or energy to be wildly creative

grilled the chicken breast filets on the George Foreman, tossed them with a bit of bottled bbq sauce (and balsamic)

had mine on a slice of honey oat bread with a slice of swiss cheese on the side
djjd62

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 06:58 pm
@ehBeth,
turkey soup turned into a root veg soup with turkey Very Happy

but it was quite good
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 11:49 pm
I think tonight's dinner might be a couple of generous salami, tomato & olives sandwiches. Open sandwiches. On fresh bread rolls I bought on my way home, not long ago. The idea of attempting to do anything over a hot stove tonight is unthinkable. Besides, I really like salami, tomatoes & stuffed olives! Very Happy
djjd62

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 07:17 am
@msolga,
that sounds really good
msolga

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2009 07:24 am
@djjd62,
It was!

Tonight: cantaloup (sp?). Lots of it! Nice & chilled from the fridge.
chefsecrets2

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 08:50 am
@msolga,
Ystd i had Indian style chicken rice and today planing to have chiniese cuisine
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 08:58 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:
Tonight: cantaloup (sp?). Lots of it! Nice & chilled from the fridge.

I keep reading this as chilled canteloupe soup and thinking yummmmmmmm

Last night brendalee and I went for soup at The Noodle Bowl before the concert. I loved mine (all I remember is that it was C6, one pepper on the menu), brenda did not care for her hot and sour soup. We were awfully thirsty. Ordered soup, green tea, ginger ale and asked for a glass of water.
djjd62

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 09:11 am
@ehBeth,
one thing i miss about toronto is hot and sour soup sampling among the restaurants in china town, each one was a little bit different from the other
ehBeth

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 09:17 am
@djjd62,
I love hot and sour soup. It's one of the reasons I came back to Toronto. There was NO hot and sour soup in Sudbury.

Best I've ever found was in a little basement joint on Gerrard near Broadview. Great taste and texture and it made my ears sweat.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 05:50 pm
in the saute pan: chiffonaded brussels sprouts and fennel, finely sliced onions, not so finely sliced mushrooms, a little bit of oil, olive salt, balsamic vinegar - all sweated down nicely
on the george foreman: pork burgers - bit of olive salt, sesame oil, wooster sauce, mini mozza balls inside my burger

my oh my that was tasty
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:43 pm
I bought one of these bamboo steamers and we used it tonight for the first
time. Gosh, vegetables taste so delicious, even the kid loaded up on it.
Additionally we made pork strips in soy sauce.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51X2N97F3TL._SL500_AA280_.jpg