My immigration laws

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 06:24 pm
Is it just me or did mysteryman's ramblings have a certain German sound?

(sorry, Walter)
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 06:56 pm
Re: My immigration laws
JustanObserver wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Al.

Now,are these rules racist?

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/8991/loser8yt.gif

What a f*cking joke you are.

If your really serious, you have my sympathy. But thanks for making myself feel a little better. No matter what goes wrong in my life, at least I know I'm not you.

LOL
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 07:15 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Actually,
The laws I posted are the Mexican immigration laws.

And yes,I did get them from Rush's site,but that is not important.

Well, it is important in the sense that it might not exactly be the most reliable source ...

I mean, has it occurred to you that these might not be the actual Mexican laws? I dunno myself, but some of 'em sound improbable (no right to ever demonstrate?), and I would definitely not take Rush's word on this kind of thing without feeling the need to doublecheck...
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 07:05 am
For anyone interested in actually getting facts about Mexican immigration laws:

Mexican immigration laws

As usual, Rush "pop another pill" Limbaugh seems to have created a nice paella of facts and wishful thinking before vomiting it out across the airwaves.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 08:43 am
JustanObserver wrote:

Mexican immigration laws

As usual, Rush "pop another pill" Limbaugh seems to have created a nice paella of facts and wishful thinking before vomiting it out across the airwaves.

And if you think the laws I posted are made up or fake,may I suggest you actually read the Mexican Constitution...

http://www.ilstu.edu/class/hist263/docs/1917const.html

Let me quote from it...

Chapter III

Foreigners

Article 33. Foreigners are those who do not possess the qualifications set forth in Article 30. They are entitled to the guarantees granted by Chapter I, Title I, of the present Constitution; but the Federal Executive shall have the exclusive power to compel any foreigner whose remaining he may deem inexpedient to abandon the national territory immediately and without the necessity of previous legal action.

Foreigners may not in any way participate in the political affairs of the country

Article 32. (14)Mexicans shall have priority over foreigners under equality of circumstances for all classes of concessions and for all employment, positions, or commissions of the Government in which the status of citizenship is not indispensable. In time of peace no foreigner can serve in the Army nor in the police or public security forces.

In order to belong to the National Navy or the Air Force, and to discharge any office or commission, it is required to be a Mexican by birth. This same status is indispensable for captains, pilots, masters, engineers, mechanics, and in general, for all personnel of the crew of any vessel or airship protected by the Mexican merchant flag or insignia It is also necessary to be Mexican by birth to discharge the position of captain of the port and all services of pratique and airport commandant, as well as all functions of customs agent in the Republic.

Article 8. Public officials and employees shall respect the exercise of the right of petition, provided it is made in writing and in a peaceful and respectful manner; but this right may only be exercised in political matters by citizens of the Republic.

Every petition shall be replied to in writing by the official to whom it is addressed, and said official is bound to inform the petitioner of the decision taken within a brief period.

Article 9. The right to assemble or associate peaceably for any lawful purpose cannot be restricted; but only citizens of the Republic may do so to take part in the political affairs of the country. No armed deliberative meeting is authorized.

Legal capacity to acquire ownership of lands and waters of the Nation shall be governed by the following provisions:

Only Mexicans by birth or naturalization and Mexican companies have the right to acquire ownership of lands, waters, and their appurtenances, or to obtain concessions for the exploitation of mines or of waters. The State may grant the same right to foreigners, provided they agree before the Ministry of Foreign Relations to consider themselves as nationals in respect to such property, and bind themselves not to invoke the protection of their governments in matters relating thereto; under penalty, in case of noncompliance with this agreement, of forfeiture of the property acquired to the Nation. Under no circumstances may foreigners acquire direct ownership of lands or waters within a zone of one hundred kilometers along the frontiers and of fifty kilometers along the shores of the country.

Now,I suggest that you actually read the Mexican Constitution.
You will find the laws I posted are in the constitution.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 08:47 am
I like the US Constitution much better Mysterman, don't you?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 09:03 am
Well, I agree, mm: fortunately I can do all this as a German in the USA what is not allowed by the Mexican constitution.

Unfortunately, the German constitution ('Basic Law') doesn't allow that you can do the same here.
We exclude foreigners (especially non-EU citizens) from a lot, if not all.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 09:22 am
Okay now, when you're living in the United States on a lawful permanent residence status, you don't have the right to
vote or enter the military either. However, if you work and pay taxes in this country, you're entitled to the same benefits as a
citizen. On what grounds should that be denied?

Dto. for owning real estate. As long as the property taxes are
paid, why should there be an excemption for immigrants?
After all immigrants can become citizens after 5 years permanent residence status.

Should that be changed too, mysteryman?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 09:48 am
Mexico is an oligarchy, something we will be if the likes of miserable man get their way. (In some ways, we are alraedy an oligarchy bit that is another tyopic)
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 09:51 am
I find it bizarre that someone who can't even master simple punctuation would try to lecture the group on Mexican Constituional Law.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 09:57 am
Hey, well you can learn a lot from a dummy. I never knew that the Mexican Constitution was written in English, for instance!

How accomodating of those wetbacks.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 10:02 am
So, if i'm following correctly, the wiley MM tried to sucker us all with immigration law, which he subsequently reveals to be Mexican immigration law--while he awaits, confidently, charges of racism to be levelled against him.

However, disappointed in that respect, and with it revealed, a. that his source is Lush Limbaugh, and b. that he has not in fact quoted Mexican immigration law, he now charges off in another direction, and is holding up the constitution of Mexico to ridicule.

Am i on track here so far? Has anyone yet called him a racist? I tried to help, by calling EB_P a racist--but that hasn't seemed to go anywhere. What has the constitution of Mexico have to do with the issue of immigration in the United States? Has that been explained to us yet? Has anyone called MM a racist yet? It's all so confusing.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 10:04 am
I am still confused as to why the Mexicans wrote their Constitution in English!!!
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 10:36 am
There's nothing racist about the Mexican Constitution. Furthermore, the bit that MM quoted in his more recent post seems like the sort of article that is present in every country.

The only place where MM made sense was when he stated foreigners must be able to speak the native language of the country they emigrate to. I approve of that as an immigration law, but even I have my second doubts about it...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 10:51 am
Maybe Mexico is such an economic mess because they do have these tough immigration laws. Immigrants tend to have good work ethics and are very likely to start a business when they come to a new country. Maybe Mexico should look at USA immigration laws and learn from them.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 10:55 am
This language thing is a red herring. Immigrants are willing and able to learn English and become a productive part of society.

The 1986 amnesty (i.e. the IRCA act) showed this. The immigrants who were allowed to become legal learned English and civic and were very successful at assimilating. The second generation of these immigrants are clearly American in behavior, culture and language.

They are even now a productive part of the current political debate. These American citizens are responsible for organizing the protests against the current anti-immigrant law.

Asserting the right to assembly with peaceful demonstrations. Using politcal strength by mobilizing the vote....

How much better assimilated can you get?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 11:23 am
Set,
My source was questioned,so I posted the relevant parts of the Mexican Constitution that back up my claim.

You are the only person that seems to want to ridicule the Mexican Constitution.
Sorry if me backing up my claim with proof bothers you.

Roxanne,
Your racism is showing.
The US constitution has been translated into many different languages,does that mean that it was written in all of those languages?

If you doubt what the Mexican constitution says,then look it up and read the actual Spanish.
It says the same thing.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 11:32 am
mysteryman wrote:
The US constitution has been translated into many different languages,does that mean that it was written in all of those languages?

Actually, the first publication of the US constitution was in German Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 11:35 am
Well, Walter, that's because we Krauts insisted on it Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 11:35 am
This is MM's original post:

mysteryman wrote:
All right, immigration proposals under discussion. Let me add mine to the mix. Here they are. First, if you immigrate to the United States of America, you must speak the native language. You have to be a professional or an investor. We are not going to take unskilled workers. You will not be allowed. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, no government business will be conducted in your native language. Foreigners will not have the right to vote, I don't care how long they are here, nor will they ever be allowed to hold political office. According to my laws, if you're in our country, you cannot be a burden to taxpayers. You are not entitled, ever, to welfare, to food stamps, or other government goodies. You can come if you invest here, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage. If you don't know have that amount of money, you can't come and invest. You have to stay home. If you do come and you want to buy land, okay, but we're going to restrict your options. You will not be allowed to buy waterfront property in the United States. That will be reserved for citizens naturally born in this country.

In fact, as a foreigner, you must relinquish individual rights to property. These are my laws. Another thing. You don't have the right to protest when you come here. You're allowed no demonstrations, you cannot wave a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies, or you get sent home. You're a foreigner. You shut your mouth or you get out, and if you come here illegally, you go straight to jail and we're going to hunt you down 'til we find you.

Subsequently, however, MM states:

mysteryman wrote:
Actually,
The laws I posted are the Mexican immigration laws.
There are more,but you must abide by the laws I listed if you want to live in Mexico.

Then, when this was questioned, he posts this:

mysteryman wrote:
JustanObserver wrote:

Mexican immigration laws

And if you think the laws I posted are made up or fake,may I suggest you actually read the Mexican Constitution...

http://www.ilstu.edu/class/hist263/docs/1917const.html

Let me quote from it...

Chapter III

Foreigners

Article 33. Foreigners are those who do not possess the qualifications set forth in Article 30. They are entitled to the guarantees granted by Chapter I, Title I, of the present Constitution; but the Federal Executive shall have the exclusive power to compel any foreigner whose remaining he may deem inexpedient to abandon the national territory immediately and without the necessity of previous legal action.

Foreigners may not in any way participate in the political affairs of the country.

Article 32. (14)Mexicans shall have priority over foreigners under equality of circumstances for all classes of concessions and for all employment, positions, or commissions of the Government in which the status of citizenship is not indispensable. In time of peace no foreigner can serve in the Army nor in the police or public security forces.

In order to belong to the National Navy or the Air Force, and to discharge any office or commission, it is required to be a Mexican by birth. This same status is indispensable for captains, pilots, masters, engineers, mechanics, and in general, for all personnel of the crew of any vessel or airship protected by the Mexican merchant flag or insignia It is also necessary to be Mexican by birth to discharge the position of captain of the port and all services of pratique and airport commandant, as well as all functions of customs agent in the Republic.

Article 8. Public officials and employees shall respect the exercise of the right of petition, provided it is made in writing and in a peaceful and respectful manner; but this right may only be exercised in political matters by citizens of the Republic.

Every petition shall be replied to in writing by the official to whom it is addressed, and said official is bound to inform the petitioner of the decision taken within a brief period.

Article 9. The right to assemble or associate peaceably for any lawful purpose cannot be restricted; but only citizens of the Republic may do so to take part in the political affairs of the country. No armed deliberative meeting is authorized.

Legal capacity to acquire ownership of lands and waters of the Nation shall be governed by the following provisions:

Only Mexicans by birth or naturalization and Mexican companies have the right to acquire ownership of lands, waters, and their appurtenances, or to obtain concessions for the exploitation of mines or of waters. The State may grant the same right to foreigners, provided they agree before the Ministry of Foreign Relations to consider themselves as nationals in respect to such property, and bind themselves not to invoke the protection of their governments in matters relating thereto; under penalty, in case of noncompliance with this agreement, of forfeiture of the property acquired to the Nation. Under no circumstances may foreigners acquire direct ownership of lands or waters within a zone of one hundred kilometers along the frontiers and of fifty kilometers along the shores of the country.

Now,I suggest that you actually read the Mexican Constitution.
You will find the laws I posted are in the constitution.

Now MM claims that he has "backed up" the tripe he originally posted. To that, i say BULLSHIT
0 Replies