My immigration laws

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 01:16 pm
All right, immigration proposals under discussion. Let me add mine to the mix. Here they are. First, if you immigrate to the United States of America, you must speak the native language. You have to be a professional or an investor. We are not going to take unskilled workers. You will not be allowed. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, no government business will be conducted in your native language. Foreigners will not have the right to vote, I don't care how long they are here, nor will they ever be allowed to hold political office. According to my laws, if you're in our country, you cannot be a burden to taxpayers. You are not entitled, ever, to welfare, to food stamps, or other government goodies. You can come if you invest here, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage. If you don't know have that amount of money, you can't come and invest. You have to stay home. If you do come and you want to buy land, okay, but we're going to restrict your options. You will not be allowed to buy waterfront property in the United States. That will be reserved for citizens naturally born in this country.

In fact, as a foreigner, you must relinquish individual rights to property. These are my laws. Another thing. You don't have the right to protest when you come here. You're allowed no demonstrations, you cannot wave a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies, or you get sent home. You're a foreigner. You shut your mouth or you get out, and if you come here illegally, you go straight to jail and we're going to hunt you down 'til we find you.

Now,are these rules racist?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,064 • Replies: 86
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 01:49 pm
No, since they apply to all immigrants.

They may be silly rules, but not racist rules.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 01:55 pm
Well mysteryman, aren't you glad that you're born in the
United States? Otherwise you would never make it into this
country.

Your idea of immigration laws are so far removed from
reality, I don't even want to further comment.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 02:20 pm
If that was the case for my grandparents this country would have 6 less doctors, 4 less accountants, 4 less private business owners, 2 less lawyers, 3 less teachers and 1 less computer game designer. When my grandparents arrived they did not speak English and could barely read in their native language. The people I list were their children and grandchildren. I'm one of the private business owners and I employee at least 8 people throughout the year and pay plenty of taxes. America was built by immigrants (to the sad loss of native culture) and we will continue to find the most ambitious people are forged by hard times and the urge to do something better for their families. We are all "boat people".
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 02:24 pm
bm
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 02:27 pm
I like this law. It show exactly what democratic ideas the USA exports and the USA fights for in Iraq, Afghanistan etc..
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 02:28 pm
Walter, please don't confuse Mysterman with an American.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 02:33 pm
Funny how "must speak the native language" is at the top of the list. It really irks the self-proclaimed non-racists among us that some folks here speak other languages.

My grandparents came to this country speaking Russian and Polish. I have a graduate degree in English and write for a living.

This business about having to speak English to live in the U.S. is nativism pure and simple. If you don't know what the word means, look it up...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:03 pm
Actually, if mysteryman would have looked into the official
immigration website of the US government, he would have
found out that in order to immigrate to the United States today,
applicants must sign an Affidavit of Support that is
above the poverty guidelines, have proper vaccinations,
DNA testing, at least 12 years of either highschool education
or its equivalent, and a good command of the English language.

Employer based immigrants require at least an advanced
degree, and exceptional abilities in the Arts, Sciences or
business.

In essence, most legal immigrants coming to the US today, are
an asset to this country.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:06 pm
You must understand, gentle folks, that MM longs to be called a racist--it will validiate his partisan paranoia . . . you're not being very cooperative here . . .
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:10 pm
Perhaps he, like cjhsa, does long to be called a racist so he can turn around and say his accuser is being a PC pansy.

It's the game some play, and it's tiresome.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:20 pm
Oh lookie, it's one of Rush's Limbaugh Laws.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_040506/content/morning_update
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:36 pm
Actually,
The laws I posted are the Mexican immigration laws.
There are more,but you must abide by the laws I listed if you want to live in Mexico.

And yes,I did get them from Rush's site,but that is not important.

So,since I "long to be called a racist" by posting these laws,does that mean Mexico is racist?

BTW,I think most of these laws are silly,but I also think some of them make a little sense.

I find it interesting that some of you immediately attack the messenger,instead of actually looking at the message.
But,it doesnt surprise me.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 03:53 pm
Not an attack, I just like to find sources.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 04:33 pm
Mysteryman, What is the point?

If you want to attack the Mexican government for unfair and even racist policies, you don't need to do it in secret.

I am sure there are plenty of Mexican laws I would find unfair. Incidently, the Mexican immigrants (including those who here illegally) are very disillusioned with the current government in Mexico.

That doesn't mean the US should emulate them.

This was not your finest thread.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 04:34 pm
Oh man, EB_P, you are soooo racist . . .
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 05:36 pm
Re: My immigration laws
mysteryman wrote:
All right, immigration proposals under discussion. Let me add mine to the mix. Here they are. First, if you immigrate to the United States of America, you must speak the native language. You have to be a professional or an investor. We are not going to take unskilled workers. You will not be allowed. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools, no special ballots for elections, no government business will be conducted in your native language. Foreigners will not have the right to vote, I don't care how long they are here, nor will they ever be allowed to hold political office. According to my laws, if you're in our country, you cannot be a burden to taxpayers. You are not entitled, ever, to welfare, to food stamps, or other government goodies. You can come if you invest here, but it must be an amount equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage. If you don't know have that amount of money, you can't come and invest. You have to stay home. If you do come and you want to buy land, okay, but we're going to restrict your options. You will not be allowed to buy waterfront property in the United States. That will be reserved for citizens naturally born in this country.

In fact, as a foreigner, you must relinquish individual rights to property. These are my laws. Another thing. You don't have the right to protest when you come here. You're allowed no demonstrations, you cannot wave a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies, or you get sent home. You're a foreigner. You shut your mouth or you get out, and if you come here illegally, you go straight to jail and we're going to hunt you down 'til we find you.

Now,are these rules racist?

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/8991/loser8yt.gif

What a f*cking joke you are.

If your really serious, you have my sympathy. But thanks for making myself feel a little better. No matter what goes wrong in my life, at least I know I'm not you.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 05:47 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Here they are. First, if you immigrate to the United States of America, you must speak the native language.
Quote:

Ok Mysteryman, how's you algonquian? That was the native language around these parts for quite some time, 10,000 or more. That is until some English speaking interlopers ignored the local immigration rules, moved in and took over.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 05:52 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I like this law. It show exactly what democratic ideas the USA exports and the USA fights for in Iraq, Afghanistan etc..
Funny!
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 06:00 pm
Acquiunk wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
Ok Mysteryman, how's you algonquian? That was the native language around these parts for quite some time, 10,000 or more. That is until some English speaking interlopers ignored the local immigration rules, moved in and took over.

This is probably an FYI that's already known... but this country doesn't have an official language in the first place.

I've spoken with a few "anti-immigrant" people in the past, and nothing's better than watching them lose it when I bring that fact to their attention.
0 Replies