Where angels dare tread...

Treya

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 11:41 am
LOL
0 Replies

kevnmoon

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 11:48 am
Neologist..

''Divine power is related to the inner face of things. Yes, the universe has two faces like a mirror. One is its external face, which resembles the coloured face of the mirror, the other is its face which looks to its Creator. This resembles the mirror's shining face. Its external face is the arena of opposites. It is where matters like beautiful and ugly, good and evil, big and small, difficult and easy appear. It is because of this that the All-Glorious Maker has made apparent causes a veil to the disposal of His power, so that the hand of power should not appear to the mind to be directly concerned with matters that on the face of it are insignificant or unworthy. For majesty and dignity require it to be thus. But He did not give a true effect to causes and intermediaries, because the unity of oneness requires that they have none.

As for the face of beings which looks to its Creator, in everything it is shining, it is clean. The colours and distortions of individuality do not inter-vene in it. This aspect faces its Creator without intermediary. There are no chains and disposition of causes in it. Cause and effect cannot intrude on it. It contains nothing contorted or askew. Obstacles cannot interfere in it. A particle becomes brother to the sun.

In Short: Divine power is both simple, and infinite, and essential. The place connected to Divine power has neither intermediary, nor stain, nor is it the scene of rebellion. Therefore, within the sphere of Divine power great does not take pride of place over small. The community does not take preference over the individual. Universals cannot expect more from Divine power than particulars.''
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 05:46 pm
Heph, hey girl. Very Happy

Long time, no type. For me anyway.

I've experienced alot thru the years myself. When I was into the things I shouldn't have been playing around with, bad things happened. Nothing I'm getting into here however.

Then, there were times when the cool things would happen. I remember being deep in thought sometimes and a voice would tell me what I needed to know. One time it happened and the person I was talking to heard it and just thought I spoke, but I told them I was thinking of it, but this voice said it for me. They told me it was mind projection. I use to do astrology and make people's birth charts for them and found out my mercury was in scorpio retrograde, which could have been the reason....but then there's the deeper things but I won't get into them here.

Anywhen, I don't do the things I use to. Dark spirituality is not my thing. My life has changed, but is still rough sometimes. I just pick myself up and start again.

I know you are having a hard time right now, but maybe someday you will find who you are and where you belong and feel better. :wink:

Until then, remain strong.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 10:09 pm
hephzibah wrote:
neologist wrote:
hephzibah wrote:
neologist wrote:
God certainly has the power to have destroyed the rebels immediately. But his power was not in question. What Satan called into dispute was the rightfulness of God's sovereignty and the integrity of his sentient creatures.

The issue may be taking what seems to us an intolerable length of time; but God's timetable is set by God, not us.

Ok that's fair enough. Well, I believe that God had the power, but I wonder why He didn't just save us all a little trouble and take care of the mess before it started... Especially considering the end result being their destruction anyway.
Have you been reading the exchange between me and kev?
So many folks honestly believe God must have deliberately set this all in motion - that all the evil and misery in the world at one time existed only in the mind of God.

For whatever it's worth, time has been necessary to resolve this issue. Not just for us, perhaps, but for the entire universe.

Does the bible talk about this somewhere that I missed it?

Quote:
The central issue of the universe, first raised by Satan, is does God have the right to demand obedience from his sentient creatures?

God doesn't demand it though. Well... not by my understanding anyway.

Quote:
You would think that simply by saying God loves us and would only prescribe what is best for us is a satisfactory answer. But when you read the cross section of human opinion as represented on this board, you would have to say that the issue has certainly NOT been resolved.

Well, ok then. I don't think that cross section of human opinion would even need to be there though... if God had just taken care of the problem in the first place.
Exactly my sentiments. But I'll go with his decision.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 10:45 pm
I'm the other one wrote:
Heph, hey girl. Very Happy

Long time, no type. For me anyway.

I've experienced alot thru the years myself. When I was into the things I shouldn't have been playing around with, bad things happened. Nothing I'm getting into here however.

Then, there were times when the cool things would happen. I remember being deep in thought sometimes and a voice would tell me what I needed to know. One time it happened and the person I was talking to heard it and just thought I spoke, but I told them I was thinking of it, but this voice said it for me. They told me it was mind projection. I use to do astrology and make people's birth charts for them and found out my mercury was in scorpio retrograde, which could have been the reason....but then there's the deeper things but I won't get into them here.

Anywhen, I don't do the things I use to. Dark spirituality is not my thing. My life has changed, but is still rough sometimes. I just pick myself up and start again.

I know you are having a hard time right now, but maybe someday you will find who you are and where you belong and feel better. :wink:

Until then, remain strong.

Hi I'm the other one. Smile Good to see you. Life is such a funny thing. The things that happen that are such unique experiences for each individual. Maybe it all means nothing in the end to anyone but the person who experienced it. I think that's all that matters really. We can take what life gives us and run with it, or we can sit down and cry. I do a little of both sometimes... Razz LOL
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 10:46 pm
neologist wrote:
hephzibah wrote:
neologist wrote:
hephzibah wrote:
neologist wrote:
God certainly has the power to have destroyed the rebels immediately. But his power was not in question. What Satan called into dispute was the rightfulness of God's sovereignty and the integrity of his sentient creatures.

The issue may be taking what seems to us an intolerable length of time; but God's timetable is set by God, not us.

Ok that's fair enough. Well, I believe that God had the power, but I wonder why He didn't just save us all a little trouble and take care of the mess before it started... Especially considering the end result being their destruction anyway.
Have you been reading the exchange between me and kev?
So many folks honestly believe God must have deliberately set this all in motion - that all the evil and misery in the world at one time existed only in the mind of God.

For whatever it's worth, time has been necessary to resolve this issue. Not just for us, perhaps, but for the entire universe.

Does the bible talk about this somewhere that I missed it?

Quote:
The central issue of the universe, first raised by Satan, is does God have the right to demand obedience from his sentient creatures?

God doesn't demand it though. Well... not by my understanding anyway.

Quote:
You would think that simply by saying God loves us and would only prescribe what is best for us is a satisfactory answer. But when you read the cross section of human opinion as represented on this board, you would have to say that the issue has certainly NOT been resolved.

Well, ok then. I don't think that cross section of human opinion would even need to be there though... if God had just taken care of the problem in the first place.
Exactly my sentiments. But I'll go with his decision.

Neo, thank you for standing by what you believe. I respect that.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 11:56 pm
I've been thinking alot about this since I saw this thread. I think Osso was right: I was talking about sensuality. Just being a knob, really, like I tend to do.

So far; I have come up with this. I have never been a deeply religious person. I never truly believed in "God" as 'he' was delivered or ever spoken about in my presence. I never believed in the 'spirits' that were spoken about either. Not angels, not the Devil, ....*maybe* demons at some point.

Spritituality to me is connected to the 'higher' aspects of humanity. Love could go in there - transcendent at times. Deep compassion and understanding - the ability to cry with your whole being for some being other than oneself. Basically, those times when we are geared to (what some would call a higher purpose). Some drive for our behavior that is beyond our conceptions of self, and our not ruled by our desire to live in our bodies at any cost.

It is a 'higher' intelligence in that things always seem to work out more beautifully when we align ourselves with these aspects. It really is silly to only live by what is in front of our faces, anyhow. It is a very limited life; nearly death.

Sorry to go on and on. This has been churning around in me a lot lately. I always had this sense that spirituality was rooted in natureness. Just being whatever you truly are. A lot harder to do that it seems at first glance - the simpliest thing and yet so ...elusive almost.

My deepest spiritual moments that I can recall felt organic. That is the best way I can express it right now.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 12:01 am
Won't disagree on that.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 08:40 am
Flushd, that was excellent. What a cool perspective you have! Thank you for sharing.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 8 Apr, 2006 11:22 pm
Quote:
.....does God have the right to demand obedience from his sentient creatures?

Of course He does.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 12:51 am
I'll tell you this, my wife believes she has the right to hide the homemade cookies from me and demand I only eat a few per day.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 06:37 am
Is that your higher power? You should really consult God, any God -- even the Sun God, to determine whether you should eat more than a few cookies a day. "He" keeps telling me to delete cookies on my harddrive but I do want to keep some of them.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 07:28 am
Chumly smiles and searches for cookies (hey, we're keeping to the level of congruence demanded of this thread).
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 9 Apr, 2006 07:35 am
Watch those cookies with the SPAM. Yuck!
0 Replies

Ashers

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 06:40 pm
I remember being asked, along with others in a class, to define 'romance'. Various ideas were thrown about but ultimately we realised it was very relative and specific, not just between individuals but also between couples and their specific relationship dynamics. After all, one persons relationship can be radically different with person A than with person B.

Anyway, I think spirituality could fit in here, I suspect it's a word so widely used yet so rarely pinned down, not because it doesn't "exist" but because it's different for everyone. Describing purpleness (LOL) to a colour blind kid might edge onto this, not sure. Having said that though I actually don't think it is something that we can selectively identify, measure and box because it does seem like an everything rather than a something.

I'd really like it if I could combine Chumly's wonderment of the cosmos with Light Wizard's, Spike Lee inspired, do the right thing. Maybe it encompasses everything that we are or rather, everything that we perceive we are. For me, it's a search for a path or the way I guess.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2006 09:59 pm
You are right Ashers. I don't know if it can be pinned down to one specific thing. That's one of the reasons I wanted to see what others thought about it. Not to pin it down necessarily but to see how others view it I guess. I find it interesting. Yeah I think I can agree with it being something along the lines of searching for a path or the way. I guess everyone has to find their place in this world. I don't think anyone's place is necessarily wrong. We may not always like what people say and do, but I don't think that makes them a bad person.

Life is tough sometimes, and finding a way in this world can seem so difficult when you aren't really sure which direction to go. I guess I'm starting to come to the conclusion that it all comes down to being happy with who you are, regardless of religious beliefs or not. Because if we aren't happy with who we are and are always looking to somehow make ourselves happy in other ways, really what we do or say isn't worth much of anything. Because deep down inside what we do and say doesn't change who we are.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 15 Apr, 2006 12:09 pm
hephzibah wrote:
...... it all comes down to being happy with who you are,.....

That's where it all starts, until we accept that fact, nothing else matters.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 08:18 am
hephzibah wrote:
Then again maybe spirituality is just some fictitious character dancing around in a tutu throwing flowers at everyone... hmmmm....

Yep!
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 16 Apr, 2006 04:17 pm
LOL
0 Replies