Where angels dare tread...

Treya

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 03:48 pm
Montana wrote:
hephzibah wrote:
Mine too. Very Happy As if you didn't know that! Hehehe.... Neo found this for me actually. The strangest thing of all... it is seriously exactly what I had been looking for since I got here. I guess I wasn't looking in the right places, but I do love it. It's an expression of myself somehow... can't explain it really.

I know what you mean. Do you always take the horse piece in Monopoly too? ;-)
I'm going to go get one one of my old threads that I think you might enjoy :-)

Of course! I've been known to throw down for it! :wink: Hehehe!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 03:49 pm
Laughing Me too Laughing

Check this out http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45121&highlight=
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 03:52 pm
Chumly wrote:
Talking about horses (sorta) you must check this out! http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7635587316493151891&pl=true&auto=true

I don't know what the problem is but I can't view google video's for some reason Sad
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 03:54 pm

AAAWWWWW! I want one! The funniest thing... looking at those pics... I would come just about to the bottom of those horses chins! LOLOLOL
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 03:56 pm
Hey now... how did we get so far off track??? LOL Me and my darn horse fetish! Sheesh! So... any other idea's about spirituality?
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 04:05 pm
Actually... now that I think about it... horses have really been a symbol of spirituality to me. Because they are free. Really free. Granted they can be "broken" to do as man wishes, yet there always remains something within them that is free and can't be touched or tamed. Not to say I'm going to go out and start worshipping horses.... LOL But as I've honestly been debating different things lately I think that inner freedom, much like what a horse has, is a key to all of this. How someone get's there, or achieves that, is really beyond me.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 07:29 pm
Re: Where angels dare tread...
hephzibah wrote:
. . . If there is no heaven... no hell... then it would stand to reason there are no angels... no demons...
How do you reason that?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 07:35 pm
Yeah, the horse and freedom fit with me too. My uncle's horses may be huge, but they are big sweethearts ;-)

I also find love to be a spiritual thing thing as well.
0 Replies

Anon-Voter

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 07:39 pm
I'm a big sweetheart :wink:

Anon
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:02 pm
neologist wrote:
hephzibah wrote:
. . . If there is no heaven... no hell... then it would stand to reason there are no angels... no demons...
How do you reason that?

Well neo... why would there need to be angels if there were no heaven, or demons if there were not hell? it makes no sense.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:05 pm
Montana wrote:
Yeah, the horse and freedom fit with me too. My uncle's horses may be huge, but they are big sweethearts ;-)

I also find love to be a spiritual thing thing as well.

Hmmm... still trying to work out that whole "love" thing... LOL
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:05 pm
Anon-Voter wrote:
I'm a big sweetheart :wink:

Anon

You most certainly are Anon. :wink:
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:41 pm
Chumly wrote:
hephzibah wrote:
Chumly wrote:
I'll go for: wonderment of the cosmos.

Hmmmm... sounds interesting there mr chumly.
Or like a kid in the biggest possible candy store!

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0603/Rosette_ballauer_640.jpg
Rosette Nebula
Cosmic candy

P
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:52 pm
Now THAT'S COOL! Very Happy
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 08:52 pm
hephzibah wrote:
Superstition... hmmm... There isn't some form of "spirituality" in the context of what you believe dok? Not an iota?

What is 'spirituality' even supposed to be?
Some warm fuzzy feeling I get when I ponder the scope of the cosmos?
'spiritual' seems to imply supernatural. What evidence is there to confirm the existence of anything supernatural, much less 'spirit'?

So, before I could really answer your question, I would need a coherent definition of what constitutes 'spiritual'. But my gut answer is 'no'.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 09:13 pm
Eh, some warm fuzzy feeling, that's more akin to Basset puppies.
Now wonderment of the cosmos, that's more akin to Dobermans.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 09:16 pm
LOL dok... you're asking ME? Hell if I know what spiritual is suppose to be. Used to be this nice warm fuzzy feeling I got or whatever... I'm supposing spiritual is an idea of some sort in peoples minds of something greater than ourselves. Whether that be "god", or "gods", angels, demons, or even the tree your dog just peed on in the park the other day... *shrugs*

If only to understand what spirituality is. I think honestly it has something to do with an inner freedom. Though I have not a shred of conclusive evidence to prove that. It is just a suspicion of mine. I could be wrong though. It wouldn't be the first time. Smile LOL I'm curious about your point of view though. I guess in my mind I still have this idea of "satanism" being a worship of satan. However, I did read some of your thread about what you believe and why and was surprised at some of the things you said.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 11:25 pm
hephzibah wrote:
neologist wrote:
hephzibah wrote:
How do you reason that?

Well neo... why would there need to be angels if there were no heaven, or demons if there were not hell? it makes no sense.
I'll give you the short answer so everyone can beat up on me. That's always fun.

Adam and Eve were given the opportunity to live forever on earth. The consequence of their disobedience would be death - nothing more, nothing less. If there were to be a hell, it would only be fair to let them know then, don't you think?

As for the immortality of the soul, it is a myth.

Here are just two places where we are reminded of our mortality:
"Do not put YOUR trust in nobles,
Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.
 4 His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground;
In that day his thoughts do perish." (Psalm 146: 6,7)

"For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 9: 5, 6)

The fact that some humans may have been chosen for heaven does not change the fact that God's intention is for humans to populate the earth.

As for angels/demons. The angels, including the foremost angel, Jesus were all created before the earth. Satan made himself Satan when he caused the rebellion of Adam and Eve. The first mention of demons comes in the sixth chapter of Genesis where sons of the true God materialized to take human wives.

So, to answer your question:
1] There is a heaven for sentient spirit creations. I personally do not expect to go there.
2] There is no such thing as an immortal soul or everlasting torment.
3] Angels and demons do exist.
4] Satan and his angels will not be allowed to survive indefinitely
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 11:33 pm
neologist wrote:
1] There is a heaven for sentient spirit creations. I personally do not expect to go there
Why do you personally not expect to go there?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 11:42 pm
Chumly wrote:
neologist wrote:
1] There is a heaven for sentient spirit creations. I personally do not expect to go there
Why do you personally not expect to go there?
I hope to realize the promise given to Adam and Eve. Living on earth seems a lot more interesting than floating around in space or whatever. Besides, to get to heaven, you have to be dead. . . . BUMMER!
0 Replies