This one just leaves me speechless....

fishin

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 05:17 pm
Police: Mom let man abuse boy for cash

Thursday, March 30, 2006; Posted: 3:07 p.m. EST (20:07 GMT)

NEW PORT RICHEY, Florida (AP) -- A woman confronted a neighbor accused of sexually assaulting her 7-year-old son and threatened to call police, but then accepted $600 in hush money and let the man molest the boy again, authorities said.

The 30-year-old woman was charged Tuesday with capital sexual battery and child abuse. The neighbor, Nicholas Quiles, 48, has been charged with capital sexual battery. Both are being held without bail.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/03/30/abuse.payoff.ap/index.html

WTF????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,860 • Replies: 39
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 05:34 pm
Beyond sickening.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 05:40 pm
not that unusual, I spent years investigating incidents of a similar nature.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 05:42 pm
It's so hard to even imagine...but it reminds me of a scene in a movie I saw years ago where a 'mother' allowed her dealer to fondle her daughter for drugs. It really breaks your heart to realize that there truly are human beings, in the real world, just that despicable.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 06:25 pm
His punishment should be as follows.
We put him in a cage with a really horny gorilla.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 06:26 pm
and the mother?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 06:50 pm
Give her to the winner
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 06:55 pm
or feed her to the pigs
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 07:08 pm
Why not both of them in a cage with a horny gorilla? A cozy little ménage a trios.

In the Hartford area, which is what I'm most familiar with, drug addicted mothers often take their daughters out on the street for money; little girls as young as 2 or 3 years old. They make sure the girls are wearing dresses to provided easier access for the "buyers."

After multi-generational abuse such as this, with no escape from the neighborhood sewers they have lived in, basic welfare programs understandably come up short. How can anyone in their right minds cut funding for people living continual nightmares such a these?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 07:14 pm
Diane wrote:
After multi-generational abuse such as this, with no escape from the neighborhood sewers they have lived in, basic welfare programs understandably come up short. How can anyone in their right minds cut funding for people living continual nightmares such a these?

I can empathize with a woman that might sell her own body for sexual favors to make ends meet. I refuse to have empathy for someone that sells their kid.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 07:18 pm
My mind cannot even fathom these atrocious behaviours. Both on the part of the "mothers" and their "customers". This makes be absolutely sick.
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 08:50 pm
farmerman wrote:
His punishment should be as follows.
We put him in a cage with a really horny gorilla.

Not very fitting, since gorillas have one of the smallest penises relative to body size. (About two inches in length) Though they are quite violent when mating.

I'd want these people kept away from society permanently. I don't have it in me to hurt anyone through a direct choice of mine. *shrugs*
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 08:57 pm
when it comes to children....I could without hesitation Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 08:59 pm
dys is right....this happens all the time...

I remember a case where a woman would go to work and leave her baby with her boyfriend, who was at university studying phychology.

The mother suspected something, so set up a video camera...the boyfriend would hold a pillow over the baby's face, you had to watch the baby seizing up and flailing it's limbs desperately, then, suddenly go limp.

That's when the boyfriend would revive the baby, and when awake, would do it again.....

Can you imagine coming home, checking the video, and seeing that?

That guy would never have seen the morning....

Since she did turn him in though, I thought a suitable punishment would be to do the same to him everyday, 18 hours a day, for about 90 years....if he went into cardiac arrest...I'd make sure a difibrillator was around so we could continue to play.
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 09:04 pm
I refuse to become like them, it is a hard choice.

I've struggled with pacifism, humans are very violent creatures but I refuse to be one of them.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 09:06 pm
That's nice....

What if that was YOUR totally helpless 3 month old baby?

Might you feel different?
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 09:12 pm
Eryemil wrote:
I refuse to become like them, it is a hard choice.

for myself there would be no option in my head for a choice
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 09:18 pm
Peace is admirable, but turning a blind eye is inexcuseable.
0 Replies

Eryemil

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 09:19 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
That's nice....

What if that was YOUR totally helpless 3 month old baby?

Might you feel different?

Of course, I'd be devastated, broken. But, I won't turn around and shoot the criminal. Moral relativism is a flimsy veneer, I believe that if I were to kill that man I wouldn't be better than him.

I was asked a while ago what I would do if someone raped and killed my child. It is almost impossible to get my mind around this, but I hope that through my heartbreak and rage I'd do the right thing.

What a poor way to honor my kid, becoming a killer myself. Would I give my own heart of my child needed an immediate transplant? Absolutely. Would I volunteer the killer to 'donate' his? Definitely.

But once my kid is dead, there's nothing there. Just rage and memories. Killing the criminal wouldn't do a thing but satisfy my thirst for a banal revenge. I'd like to think I'm better than that, it's hard to say though. I'd probably succumb like 'most any other person and break the guy's neck.

Humans are not innately good beings, we're horrible and do horrible things.
We don't need any help justifying those actions either, what we need help with is trying to rise above it all.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 30 Mar, 2006 09:20 pm
here, here Mr Intrepid...I agree
0 Replies