What should be done about illegal immigration?

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 10:34 am
@hawkeye10,
"Enough?" Who claims such?

Many of those foreigners who earn graduate degrees in science and engineering should have a pathway to stay in the US. That's the future of our country's economy.

Those who labor on our farms and restaurants should also have a way to earn their citizenship in this country. We need all levels of workers to maintain our economy and to grow.

We need younger people to sustain our economy. Countries like Japan and Germany are facing problems of demographics, because there isn't enough young people to sustain their social programs.

Where did you learn Economics?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 12:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
we have way too many people for the jobs we have, not enough people is clearly not our problem. these people might be too lazy or too dumb to do the jobs or employeers might be intent on exploiting labor but if that is the case then we should be dealing with the problem, not putting a bandaid on it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 01:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
No, that's not true. There's a world recession going on while the US economy continues to strengthen. The new normal for the unemployed "might" be at current rates based on demographics, educational and skills level.

What has happened in the US is that the Great Recession impacted many people's retirement savings, and they are working longer out of necessity and for people's choice to enjoy working.

The shift in working age is increasing, so the ability of younger workers have a more difficult time finding jobs - unless they have the right skill level.

Quote:
Given the race for innovation—both in the startup economy and in the big businesses looking to compete with them—it’s no wonder that nine out of the 10 listed degrees are in technology. At the top end of the spectrum, computer engineering majors earn an average of $70,400 upon graduation, trailed by chemical engineers at $66,400 and computer scientists at $64,400.

Learn more at: http://topcollegedegrees.net/10-best-paying-college-majors-2013/#ixzz2Wgu8v161

Some companies in Silicon Valley are giving starting salaries over $100,000/year, because they have the right skills.

Many workers in the US whose been at their jobs for 25-30 years will never reach what fresh grads out of college are making in computer engineering.

Most home in our ZIP code are now selling for over $1 million.

Location and industry makes a huge difference - in all countries.

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 01:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
people working longer only makes the problem of not enough jobs worse. THERE IS NO POPULATION SIZE PROBLEM IN AMERICA. give me your best arguement that there is ONE and then I will mop the floor with you.

there are not enough young workers to pay for the government entitlements promised to the old people, but we have known about that problem for 40 years and chose to not deal with it, and now it is way too late to deal with it without a lot of pain. but having needs does not mean that those needs will or can be met in spite of what the Bible says on the matter. our economy is not capable of providing enough living wage jobs to solve the governments over promising problem, and importing people will not change this reality.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 02:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
You know how to contradict your own statements.
You wrote,
Quote:
THERE IS NO POPULATION SIZE PROBLEM IN AMERICA.

You also wrote,
Quote:
there are not enough young workers to pay for the government entitlements promised to the old people, but we have known about that problem for 40 years and chose to not deal with it,

That's a "population problem."
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 02:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
That's a "population problem."

it is a failure of government problem which can not be fixed with importing people because the nations economic system is so jacked up that it barely functions much less can save the day at the last minute superman style by generating humongous new tax base support for the also jacked up government.

this idea that importing people will save us from ourselves is just one more whopper American delusion.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 02:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
Who ever claimed it wasn't a government imposed problem? If you've been reading my posts, I suggested that we approve foreign students who earn graduate degrees and those who work on farms and in our restaurants get approval for staying in our country.

Don't you have a memory? You are pretty stupid, aren't you?
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 02:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
because skimming off the best and the brightest from other societies is absolutely no moral problem for you and we are too good for some of the jobs that need to get done....we are SPECIAL!

but the plan will not solve our problems, it is an exercise in not dealing with our problems, of attempting to work put in place work arounds to our failures as a society .
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 03:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
What moral problem? It's a world economy, and both workers and companies want to work for their own best advantage. It's called competition.

You are short-sighted in your observations.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 03:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
so for the good of the economic system we are supposed to encourage dislocating individuals from their societies friends and families...we are all supposed to become migratory??

**** that ****, economic systems exist to serve the needs of the people, not the other way around. it is the economic system that needs to change its ways, not people.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 03:08 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here, hawk, try to comprehend what this article says.

Quote:
While just 11 percent of Americans in 2012 said the economy was in excellent or good shape, that number has surged to 23 percent—the highest level since January 2008, Pew found. Thirty-five percent say the economy will get better one year from now, against 19 percent who say things will be worse. In March, more respondents said it would be worse (32 percent) than better (25 percent).
Still, 64 percent of respondents said jobs are difficult to find in their communities, against 29 percent who said there were plenty of opportunities.

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 03:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Still, 64 percent of respondents said jobs are difficult to find in their communities, against 29 percent who said there were plenty of opportunities.

the economic system has failed to do its job, this we know. it is time to suffocate it and then try to make something better.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 03:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
No. Economic systems serves the people, companies, and countries.

Needs of the people is an oxymoron. The people must work and study hard to "make it" in this world.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 03:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
we have been shown over and over again that those who expect to get ahead by working hard and playing by the rules are chumps. the system is rigged, and it does not work. it needs to go away.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 04:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
That seems obvious from your opinions, that you are but one person.

I know of many who have been successful in their lives - in and outside the US.

They didn't complain; they accomplished. Several were/are university professors, editor of a national newspaper, several doctors, business owners, physicists, politicians, a judge, a rocket scientist, health care workers, and many good people around the world.

Yup, they got ahead by working hard and playing by the rules.

Didn't do so badly myself, if I say so. I have traveled around the world equivalent to over 25 times, and I'm still traveling at my age.

That's me in Cuba three weeks ago.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/imposter222/P1070758.jpg
mysteryman

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 04:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thats actually a good picture. Is that your wife?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 05:14 pm
@mysteryman,
Noooooooo. A friend in Cuba.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 05:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You are looking great, and very happy, in that picture.

I thought the linked material very interesting and, indeed, something that should be taught in the schools.

http://www.upworthy.com/were-teaching-kids-history-but-were-leaving-this-entire-bit-out-2?c=upw10
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 06:25 pm
@Advocate,
I agree that education is important, but I've also met white folks who came from the south that knew that discrimination against blacks were wrong.
Individuals whose folks were also racist. I found that to be a great revelation about some people who grow up in the midst of bigotry - including their own parents, but understand it's wrong. I think more young people are learning that great lesson on their own terms.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 19 Jun, 2013 11:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Some kids can overcome bigotry in their family. But unfortunately a parents idiotcy is usually passed on to their children in all its forms.