What should be done about illegal immigration?

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 09:55 am
@High Seas,
He can both read and I don't think he is delusional. He is simply incapable of accurately representing anybody with whom he disagrees.
High Seas

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 09:56 am
@ebrown p,
Try and understand what Old Europe just posted addressed to YOU. Ask for assistance on reading comprehension again, if necessary. G'bye.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 09:57 am
@georgeob1,
Not so, George - Brown-Munoz is demonstrably either delusional, or illiterate/innumerate.

Conclusive proof provided in posts on this and on the previous pages.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 09:59 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre - same as for George to your comment. Pls read the posts before commenting, including the link I now posted twice right here.
ebrown p

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 09:59 am
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
That isn't what she said or implied at all.

Foxfyre wrote:

You have sufficient training in statistical methods (at least I think so) to know that demographic projections are calculated over the lives of the persons involved AND THEIR DESCENDANTS.

To attempt to dissimulate that BASIC FACT by quoting CURRENT statistics (delta T = 0, instead of integral over at least a CENTURY, as Advocate is very properly doing)borders on FRAUD that's BEFORE adjusting demographic projections for the sub-set's fertility rates, mortality, morbidity and so on.

High Seas is clearly saying that she isn't just worried about the Immigrants themsleves. She is also worried about "THEIR DESCENDANTS" (caps are hers).

This is why the Slave Owner example that Foxy brought into the discussion is quite appropriate.

The slave owners received amnesty for their rebellion against the country. Their descendants are now full American citizens... in fact they are equal to the rest of us in every way.

I think this was probably a good thing for the country.
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 10:08 am
@ebrown p,
See? You even subscribed a quote to me that I didn't say. And you are ignoring the focus of what Highseas did say. And you're failing to understand what I did say and/or are drawing a completely different inference from it than anything pertinent to the thesis.

Oh well. Such is the way it goes on A2K.
ebrown p

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 10:14 am
@Foxfyre,
Sorry... the second quote was from High Seas. My post was correct... except for the attribution.
georgeob1

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 10:26 am
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:

Foxfyre - same as for George to your comment. Pls read the posts before commenting, including the link I now posted twice right here.

I suppose the reference is to me. I head your link about the Equadorean murdered in New York. Is that the one to which you were referring? if so, I don't see any connection.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2009 10:47 am
Continuing thanks to Ebrown (and now George) for continuing to paint the truth over nonsense. Too often; Bigots are allowed to reinforce each other's idiotic misconceptions without anyone bothering to provide them with an alternative (the truth.)

Did she really try to imply Mexican immigration should be stemmed because a group of likeminded morons committed a heinous hate-crime against an Ecuadorian fella? Shocked That's roughly the same as saying the blacks shouldn't have been freed because it caused the KKK assholes to attack them. Unreal.
High Seas

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 09:00 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

High Seas wrote:

I suppose the reference is to me. I head your link about the Equadorean murdered in New York. Is that the one to which you were referring? if so, I don't see any connection.

The connection, George, was made clear by none other than Brown-Munoz on another thread; here's what he wrote there, and Foxfyre, I, and others think he's right as to the perceived hostility towards illegals that he mentions:

Even Occom Bill has managed to read some posts and links (though not to understand them since he asks to have them explained to him) but at least Bill doesn't imagine he's quoting posts about imaginary Mexican criminals instead of murder victims!
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 09:10 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Sorry... the second quote was from High Seas. My post was correct... except for the attribution.

Ah, good, at last a one-to-one correspondence is being attempted between "what" was said and "who" said it!

Whenever you get around to identifying your source for the alleged Mexican criminal you attributed to some post of mine on my own posted link, I'll read the story you imagined I posted - I certainly never heard of it before.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 09:13 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Did she really try to imply Mexican immigration should be stemmed because a group of likeminded morons committed a heinous hate-crime against an Ecuadorian fella? Shocked That's roughly the same as saying the blacks shouldn't have been freed because it caused the KKK assholes to attack them. Unreal.

I think that's pretty much the extent of her argument.
High Seas

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 09:18 pm
@old europe,
Another non-reader! Old Europe, do you have a source for your statement?!
High Seas

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 09:21 pm
@old europe,
Old Europe - consistency with YOUR OWN posts is, generally, expected in formal arguments.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 09:55 pm
@High Seas,
Well, since you ask, I find myself in the inconvenient position of having to be impolite and quoting your own post back to you.

Occom Bill summed up your position as "imply[ing that] Mexican immigration should be stemmed because a group of likeminded morons committed a heinous hate-crime against an Ecuadorian fella".

I find this a suiting description of your post here:

Quote:
If nothing else will make you grasp the gravity of the illegal immigration problem, consider that the local people have started to cross into criminality by taking immigration enforcement matters into their own hands - do you really want this to continue, or even escalate?

You seemed to say that illegal immigration was such a serious problem that people started to take matters into their own hands by murdering immigrants.

You blamed illegal immigration for a crime committed on an immigrant, and used this as an argument against illegal immigration.

I concede that the murder of the Ecuadorian immigrant is not the whole extent of your argument against immigration, but rather an example of similar crimes to be expected if nothing would be done against illegal immigration, but other than that, Occom Bill seems to have summed up your argument pretty well.
High Seas

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 09:59 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

You seemed to say that illegal immigration was such a serious problem that people started to take matters into their own hands by murdering immigrants.

Thank you for reading my posts and links, Old Europe. It might however be faster to link to them directly rather than summarizing them with varying degrees of accuracy - your summaries being longer than my posts, generally Smile
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 10:01 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

I concede that the murder of the Ecuadorian immigrant is not the whole extent of your argument against immigration,

Never once in my life did I make an argument against immigration. You're conflating "immigration" with "illegal immigration", presumably.

I do, generally, happen do take a dim view of illegal acts, including murders - what do YOU think of them, OE?
old europe

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 10:20 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:
Never once in my life did I make an argument against immigration. You're conflating "immigration" with "illegal immigration", presumably.

I'm sorry for using imprecise language. I would have thought that, from the context of the post, it was clear that I was referring to "illegal immigration".

High Seas wrote:
I do, generally, happen do take a dim view of illegal acts, including murders - what do YOU think of them, OE?

Generally, that's what I think, too. I also think that murder is a significantly more serious crime than illegally crossing a border.
High Seas

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 10:22 pm
@old europe,
Pace, OE! Far as I can tell we are in broad agreement. Have to get some work done as must leave on business trip again soon. Always good to see you btw Smile
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 10:40 am
Our resident moron, O'Bill, thinks that this country has so much room and infinite resources, that we could easily accomodate billions more in population. Thus, he feels, there is no reason to enforce our immigration laws. I guess he also believes that we could accomodate much more criminality from the illegals.