Sex? I'd rather be masturbating.

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 07:26 pm
<sighs>

I hope someone out there gets what it is that I am trying to say. Cause Chumly sure doesn't. I guess I'm just no good at words. Confused
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 08:23 pm
Chumly wrote:
A good relationship can bring out the best in a person sexually/sensually but that is a far cry from saying that all people are going to be equally good under the right conditions. The fact of the matter is, some people will try harder, some people will be more accommodating, some people will understand the language of sexuality/sensuality better, and some people simply have a better sense of eroticism, etc. No relationship, or kind and gentle and loving actions, or showing them many times what you want, is going to change the underlying fact that some people are simply more sexual/sensual/erotic than others. Some in fact are lot better than others good relationship or not.

Confused Yeah, but noone's saying they have to be "equally good", are they? Sure one person may always end up still being a little better than the other, but its about getting someone to be good enough. And the things brooke describes should be able to help with that, if the guy does love her and there are indeed no major blockades between the two that originate outside the bed.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 08:30 pm
I get what Brooke is trying to say, and I think she said it well.

In addition to nimh's comments, I think a main point is that even if the blame isn't perfectly equally shared, the blame game is fruitless. "You're more to blame than I am" doesn't get anyone anywhere. "I'd like to help you get over this problem" does.

If it's unsolvable, it's unsolvable, time to move on. But if the goal is to make an honest attempt at fixing it first, proactive solutions work a heckuva lot better than "it's your fault."
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 08:46 pm
justa_babbling_brooke wrote:
<sighs>

I hope someone out there gets what it is that I am trying to say. Cause Chumly sure doesn't. I guess I'm just no good at words. Confused

I think most of us get what you said, and agree. Chumly has a talent for missing the point.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 08:49 pm
nimh wrote:
Chumly wrote:
A good relationship can bring out the best in a person sexually/sensually but that is a far cry from saying that all people are going to be equally good under the right conditions. The fact of the matter is, some people will try harder, some people will be more accommodating, some people will understand the language of sexuality/sensuality better, and some people simply have a better sense of eroticism, etc. No relationship, or kind and gentle and loving actions, or showing them many times what you want, is going to change the underlying fact that some people are simply more sexual/sensual/erotic than others. Some in fact are lot better than others good relationship or not.

Confused Yeah, but noone's saying they have to be "equally good", are they? Sure one person may always end up still being a little better than the other, but its about getting someone to be good enough. And the things brooke describes should be able to help with that, if the guy does love her and there are indeed no major blockades between the two that originate outside the bed.
There are *major* differences in sexual/sensual/erotic abilities and attitudes in people *irrelative* of the best intentions in the world.

Yes they certainly are deal makers and breakers for many men and (arguably to a lesser degree) women.

I assure you there are many, many men who would trade a stable partner for a more sexual/sensual/erotic partner.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 08:57 pm
I don't think anyone denies that it's possible to be sexually incompatible, and that if it's serious enough, the people involved need to move on.

Just, if we're operating from the assumption that kitkat is trying to FIX this problem, the blame stuff isn't useful.

And these problems are definitely fixable, happens all the time. Sounds like a lot of the elements are there for kitkat -- he gets a boner when she says "boob" so he has plenty of libido, he just needs to learn how to direct it. And that's something that's both possible and fun to learn.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 09:00 pm
Yeah, I thought Brooke's response to kitkat was right on.

Chum, you're going off on tangeants again! Laughing I'm starting to think you just like stirring up the pot.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 09:03 pm
snood wrote:
<sighs>

I think most of us get what you said, and agree. Chumly has a talent for missing the point.
Do you intend on backing up your claim and substantiated your disingenuous and specious sweeping generalization that "Chumly has a talent for missing the point"?

It would be considered an ad Hominem or personal attack: An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin, literally "argument against the person") or attacking the messenger, involves replying to an argument or assertion by attacking the person presenting the argument or assertion rather than the argument itself. It is usually, though not always, a logical fallacy.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 09:03 pm
There are many things in a marriage that isn't equal. Love means to accept the differences and work through the ones you can. I would never say sex isn't important, but there are some things a professional can help more than trying to solve proglems over the internet.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 09:08 pm
<sighs>

I have been happily married most of my adult life and I am 50. I 'get' what you are saying, but I do not necessarily agree with some of your overly romanticized-idealized perspectives.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 09:19 pm
Chumly wrote:
snood wrote:
<sighs>

Do you intend on backing up your claim and substantiated your disingenuous and specious sweeping generalization that "Chumly has a talent for missing the point"?

It would be considered an ad Hominem or personal attack: An ad hominem argument, also known as argumentum ad hominem (Latin, literally "argument against the person") or attacking the messenger, involves replying to an argument or assertion by attacking the person presenting the argument or assertion rather than the argument itself. It is usually, though not always, a logical fallacy.

thank you Funk and Wagnalls. shee.....
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 09:52 pm
Naughty Snood: casting the first stone.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 26 Mar, 2006 11:20 pm
Brooklyn, your point was spot on and well taken by most.
Blamegame=counterproductive

Chumly wrote:
I assure you there are many, many men who would trade a stable partner for a more sexual/sensual/erotic partner.
That's true enough. There's even a word for them.
Code:Fool (fōōl) n. One who is sufficiently deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding
Example: one who would trade a stable partner for a more sexual/sensual/erotic partner

These fella's should be careful what they wish for.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 01:01 am
WHY DO FOOLS FALL IN LOVE - 20/07/1956
3 weeks at #1 - 16 weeks on chart

ooooo wah, oooooo wah, ooooo wah, oooooo wah,
ooooo wah, oooooo wah, Why do fools fall in love

Why do birds sing so gay
And lovers await the break of day
Why do they fall in love
Why does the rain fall from up above
Why do fools fall in love
Why do they fall in love

Love is a losing game
And love can be a shame
I know of a fool, you see
For that fool is me
Tell me why
Tell me why

Why do birds sing so gay
And lovers await the break of day
Why do they fall in love
Why does the rain fall from up above
Why do they fall in love

Why does my heart skip a crazy beat
For I know it will reach defeat
Tell me why
Tell me why
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 12:13 pm
I understand what some of you are saying. We have been working on certain things. But I am not just sitting there pointing fingers telling him its all his fault. What I am saying is that there comes a point when you don't know what is left to do. We have tried literally everything! And the reason I am depressed about it is that before marriage, we had great sex close to 1,000 times (not an exaggeration). The sex we have been having for the past two years has been so aweful I sometimes forget he's even the same guy. It really feels like I am having sex with a 13 year old. It's like he has to learn how to have sex all over again. At first we thought it was me so I got a lower perscriptive birth control. But that didn't help much at all. I am really not trying to be mean at all, just honest. To think that after all this time we haven't tried anything to fix the problem is well....just silly. He wanted to try this new technique he found on the internet where he pinches a part of himself that makes the sexual tension go away...that was a horrible flop because instead of going in me he went everywhere else. Then the second time we tried he couldn't get it up at all. Another problem with sex really isn't my fault and there is little I can do to help. He tells me that during sex he can't climax because he can't feel himself go.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 03:07 pm
It sounds like he is extremely stressed and nervous - afraid, even?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 27 Mar, 2006 03:08 pm
Excuse me if you already answered this before, and I missed it, but would he be willing to see a (sex) therapist? Might even be better if he goes alone at first.. would you be willing to go see one with him?
0 Replies