HARD TO BELIEVE: Georgians Plan Whites-Only Prom Party

Eva

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 03:25 pm
Ah! Well, Georgia makes more sense than New York. If this sort of thing makes any sense at all, that is. Which it doesn't.

Re: black vs. white churches...I've spoken several times at an annual conference of churches in the Caribbean. I am white, and the churches in that part of the world are predominantly black. I love the singing & general enthusiasm...it always refreshes me! There does not seem to be a big divide between black and white there. I am one of a small minority there, but I never feel out of place.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:08 pm
Hard to believe? It's mind boggling what a backward country the US continues to be. But then, you elected a redneck, racist halfwit as president, so I suppose nothing should surprise me anymore.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:14 pm
Does it occur to you Wilso, that you go over the top now and again?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:34 pm
Wilso
Backward country, Racist, Redneck, getting carried away aren't we?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2003 04:36 pm
Wilso- We are overgeneralizing, aren't we???
0 Replies

word

Reply Wed 24 Dec, 2003 03:57 am
xf
Sofia wrote:
Our area has a preacher switching program once a year-- we send our preacher to a local black church, and we host a black minister. This is nice, but it's not intergrating the congregations.

Our church has tried to get black members. They come for a couple of Sundays, and then.... gone.fnf

I know it is about comfort. And I can't figure out why, after all these years, blacks and whites aren't more comfortable together.

PS snood-- I was on a hiring team before I left my job. The black candidate was the best on paper, and in person. Everyone else started talking about the second best candidate, first. I just called them on it. They were trying to tell me her private life was an indicator to them she wouldn't be there long... Seperated from her husband, who lived in Atlanta... I thought it was unfair to take anything but her credentials into account. It was sort of a moot point, because we were hiring for two slots.

We hired my first choice, and the other girl. The black girl did quit for the reasons everybody else said she would-- Luckily for me, the other girl quit, too.

Alot of BS goes into hiring. I think color is less and less a factor. I don't think they should've considered the candidate's personal life.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 03:23 pm
It is okay Wilso is from Australia, he is just mad the AEIA is so boring so he has to look to America for his entertainment. As does the world.

Case in point an Australian website for entertainment has an article on the season finale of Dawson's Creek - a year late - they started broad casting a year late.

Some questions from the article "Will Jen croak? Will "Dawkson" make it as a film producer? And will Joey finally choose him over Pacey as life-long soulmate? "

Yes. Yes. No.

It is no suprise that he would have to look to America for interest of Entertainment - be it bad or good - because all most half of the Entertainment news on a website is about or from America.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 05:21 pm
BlueMonkey wrote:
It is okay Wilso is from Australia, he is just mad the AEIA is so boring so he has to look to America for his entertainment. As does the world.

I never realised the Australian Egg Industry Association (AEIA) actually had such a high profile. Too many eggs in one basket I suppose.

BTW: Have this 'prom' thing actually occured yet?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 05:29 pm
Anyone of any race should be able to go to any prom.....BUT when blacks or any other minority have their own segregated functions the word PRIDE is generally associated with it, whereas the word RACIST is generally associated with any all white function, and that's not equitable.

Goes to show what I have always said, everyone is a racist self centered scumbag.

I'm glad I'm a Bear.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 05:30 pm
Mr Stillwater wrote:
BlueMonkey wrote:

I never realised the Australian Egg Industry Association (AEIA) actually had such a high profile. Too many eggs in one basket I suppose.

BTW: Have this 'prom' thing actually occured yet?

I believe this is the second year this has been an issue in this particular town........
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2004 05:57 pm
I can't make the mental leap from Wilso's post being a result of TV programming. But then, I do have a problem with spotting such pointless connections................
0 Replies

Name

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:52 pm
that is horrible to hear and it is imoral to believe. its discusting to hear that some people still cant accept that we are all people no mater our color

Edit (MODERATOR): Signature removed. Please do not employ links or images in Signatures
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 07:00 pm
Mr. Still, allow me to be the first to congratulate you and your entire nation on the sudden leap to renown and popularity of your humble husbandmen's prosaic organization . . .
0 Replies

SpiritDog

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 07:04 pm
Racism in the USA
I am saddened by such ignorance & bigotry. I live in Montreal, Canada & although we are not enterily free from racism- we are light years away from such behavior!! I can honestly say that I will walk into any bar/club/party without calculating whether its black or white or indian.

Despite what some readers on this forum will have you believe, its not about cultural prefences & comfort. After-all, a white boy from Nova Scotia & a black boy from Toronto have more in common than 2 whites from the west & east coasts- except for the amount of melatonin in their skin!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 09:00 pm
Spirit Dog, good post, welcome to a2k (even though I live on a coast).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2004 09:27 pm
SpiritDog, Welcome to A2K. Bigotry is alive and well in the US and elsewhere on this planet. Ignorance is a disease that's hard to eradicate.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2004 10:43 pm
It is of great sadness you cannot eradicate the ones that are.
0 Replies

Chucara

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 04:49 am
Wow.. I had no idea things like things still happened in civilized countries.. (Dane personally). Actually now allowing people to parties because of their race.. I mean.. I thought Mandela won that fight in South Africa a long time ago, and even before that Martin Luther King in the states.
0 Replies

bocdaver

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 02:36 pm
I think that the colleges in this country are to blame.

They have been in the forefront of setting up special houses on campus-

For Blacks; For East Indians; For Africans.

What is the outcome?

Go to any campus in America. There you should find true brotherhood in action.

Instead you will find self imposed segregation at almost every lunch table on campus.

When the administration promotes separatism, what will the natural outcome be????
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2004 03:02 pm
bocdaver

People tend to associate with the familiar. There is nothing at all strange about that. That is why you will find in almost any industrial lunch room what you called self segregation. It is not that people are unwelcome it is just a natural tendency to seek people in common. I guess we could say birds of a feather.
0 Replies