50,000 Errors in the Bible...Is Bible God's Word??

cicerone imposter

Sun 7 Feb, 2016 08:32 pm
@Harry Blake,
I see too many illogical incidents in the stories of the bible. The world flood would have killed innocent babies. What's with that?
Glennn

Sun 7 Feb, 2016 08:38 pm
@Harry Blake,
Quote:
speculated that the biblical Flood was caused by a huge meteorite splashing down in the Indian Ocean,

And this tsunami caused a flood that covered all of the Earth's mountaintops?
0 Replies

Glennn

Sun 7 Feb, 2016 09:01 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The world flood would have killed innocent babies. What's with that?

Apparently, the god's technology at that time was not advanced enough to allow for surgical strikes. Laughing
cicerone imposter

Sun 7 Feb, 2016 09:18 pm
@Glennn,
It was a 'surgical' strike; it flooded the whole planet earth.
0 Replies

hingehead

Sun 7 Feb, 2016 09:21 pm
@Harry Blake,
Isaac Asimov was also a noted atheist.

Arthur C Clarke speculated that the star of Bethlehem was a sun going nova destroying and intelligent race that lived in its planetary system. Thus proving God was an asshole.

You are an incredibly untidy thinker if you think speculations of science fiction writers add weight to veracity of the bible. But I guess when straws are all you have to grasp what can you do but grasp them?
Harry Blake

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 03:05 am
Another good open-minded speculation that I like is that the "pillar of fire" that guided Moses and the Israelites out of Egypt was the Santorini eruption out in the Mediterranean, God presumably told them "Keep it behind your left shoulder and you'll be heading east"..Smile
farmerman

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 04:49 am
@Harry Blake,
Most Creationists have made "peace" with physics and geology. Theyve transformed into "Slow Creationists" that we call Intelligent Designers. Errors in the Bible are fairly well stipulated "unto" and the stuff layed out in the canonical documents is agreeably just there to make up some "Ripping Yarns".

Stuff like Deuteronomy, Genesis, The STuff of St John the Divine" are all just "tales with lessons".
The historical aspects of the Bible have shown us to have at least some basis in facts nd can even be used as the core of archeological digs.
SCience cannot totally deny whats in there, and except for the Lovecraftian openings, Its a big lesson plan for doing good and pleasing a deity or two.

Even athesits like me cannot deny that.
0 Replies

Glennn

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 09:29 am
@Harry Blake,
You must have missed my post.

And this tsunami caused a flood that covered all of the Earth's mountaintops?
neologist

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 12:32 pm
@hingehead,
hingehead wrote:
Isaac Asimov was also a noted atheist.

Arthur C Clarke speculated that the star of Bethlehem was a sun going nova destroying and intelligent race that lived in its planetary system. Thus proving God was an asshole.

You are an incredibly untidy thinker if you think speculations of science fiction writers add weight to veracity of the bible. But I guess when straws are all you have to grasp what can you do but grasp them?
I wonder if Harry is really Romeo Fabulini's sock puppet.
0 Replies

Harry Blake

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 04:43 pm
@Glennn,
said- "You must have missed my post- And this tsunami caused a flood that covered all of the Earth's mountaintops?"
----------------------------------------------

Isaac Asimov speculated that a tsunami flooded the Tigris/Euphrates valleys and washed Noah's Ark up to Turkey, not me..Wink
cicerone imposter

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 04:47 pm
@Harry Blake,
Back in those days, they didn't know the world was round. All floods were 'local' even though they may have thought it was a world flood.
0 Replies

Glennn

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 04:49 pm
@Harry Blake,
Quote:
Isaac Asimov speculated that a tsunami flooded the Tigris/Euphrates valleys and washed Noah's Ark up to Turkey, not me.

But you brought it up for some reason, right? And since we're in the Errors in the Bible thread, I would assume that you brought it up as a possible explanation for a worldwide flood.
hingehead

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 04:53 pm
@Glennn,
Good point. Harry, thanks for finding another place the bible was potentially wrong.
Harry Blake

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 06:00 pm
@hingehead,
said- "Good point. Harry, thanks for finding another place the bible was potentially wrong"
---------------------------------------------

So who shall we believe, atheist Asimov or the Bible? Hmm...tricky one..Wink
hingehead

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 06:12 pm
@Harry Blake,
I've read the bible and some of Asimov's fiction and non-fiction.

I don't think it's tricky at all.

You do seem to be a Romeo's sock puppet though - he couldn't hold a line in logic longer than one post either.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 06:13 pm
@Harry Blake,
Not tricky at all! What other credible document from the times of the creation of the bible exists to support the bible?
How about all the other 'books' that were left out of the bible? How about all the omissions, errors, and contradictions of the bible?
cicerone imposter

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 06:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Here's the hook about the bible.
Quote:
Best Answer: Christian theologians and scholars engaged in the science of cannonization and determined that the 66 books that made it all agreed and basically has the same message. So the apocrypha (the other 7 books that some catholics believe should be included) are still actual history, but not considered "God breathed or inspired". Along with the book of Judas and the gospel of mary or the gospel of thomas which are just imposters altogether. The Bible said it would happen and that's why you have so many attempts to pollute the truth, but God will prevail.. always has and always will.

Spiritual things are spiritually discerned though and I'm not sure you'd understand if it were Moses explaining it to you. Ask Jesus to come into your life and I promise you God will show you what's the truth and what is not. He's faithful, and I'm not talking about going to a church and taking a Pastor's word for it - I'm talking about God specifically can open your eyes but you have to give your life to Him first. God bless you.
0 Replies

Harry Blake

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 09:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
said- "How about all the other 'books' that were left out of the bible?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about them? They're all freely available if you want to read them; nobody burned them or anything..Smile
For example-
Apocalypse of Peter
Epistle of Barnabas
Infancy Gospel of James
Shepherd of Hermas
1st Clement
Gospel of Thomas
The Didache
Lost Epistle to the Corinthians
Third Letter to the Corinthians
Gospel of Mary Magdalene
http://listverse.com/2012/07/06/10-books-not-included-in-the-new-testament/
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 09:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
What other credible document from the times of the creation of the bible exists to support the bible?
How many are necessary if the Bible speaks for itself?
cicerone imposter wrote:
How about all the other 'books' that were left out of the bible?
Perhaps they were left out for a reason. What have you learned in your research? Or, are you simply parroting the words of others?
cicerone imposter wrote:
How about all the omissions, errors, and contradictions of the bible?
Tell us your #1 favorite.
0 Replies

Harry Blake

Mon 8 Feb, 2016 09:34 pm
@Glennn,
said- "But you brought it up for some reason, right?"
---------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, to show that even though Asimov was an atheist, he was still open-minded enough to speculate on biblical happenings..Smile
Incidentally I've looked at your profile, it's as long as your arm but you seem too shy to tell us whether you're atheist, satanist, Tinkerbell worshipper or what..Smile