WOMEN IN JUDAEO-CHRISTIAN TRADITIONS VERSUS WOMEN IN ISLAM

mesquite

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 01:57 pm
Re: The Paradise in the feet of your Mothers...
dalahow2 wrote:
Thank you very much Mesquite ...You also let readers see the following details...You are ONLY SHOWING ONE SIDE....

Quite correct dalahow2. I am showing the side that you omit with your proselytizing. The point being that your religion provides nothing new or different.

The good people will find texts that comfort them and overlook the other stuff. The wretched will also find what pleases them.

It seems to me that the scholars of Islam are heavily populated with the latter.

Quote:
"He is not crazy. He went in front of the media and confessed to being a Christian," said Hamidullah, chief cleric at Haji Yacob Mosque. "The government is scared of the international community. But the people will kill him if he is freed."

Raoulf, who is a member of the country's main Islamic organization, the Afghan Ulama Council, concurred. "The government is playing games. The people will not be fooled."

"Cut off his head!" he exclaimed, sitting in a courtyard outside Herati Mosque. "We will call on the people to pull him into pieces so there's nothing left."
Top Muslim clerics: Convert must die
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 05:01 pm
Interesting citation, there, Mesquite . . . the Afghan Ulama Council . . . an alim is a righteous man, ulama is the plural, and refers to the aggregate of the righteous men of a community. Wonderful to see the character of the aggregate of righteous men in Afghanistan.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 24 Mar, 2006 05:26 pm
You piqued my curiosity Setanta.

Quote:
Ulama
Arabic: culamā'

Term in Islam meaning the community of learned men.
The direct translation would be 'the ones possessing knowledge'. Ulama is a plural term, and the singular can be both calīm (long i) and cālim (long a), where both can be translated with 'learned, knowing man'. cālim is the most frequently used of the two.
Normally ulama is used for the group of men with religious education and religiously related professions. Ulama is the group of men expressing the true content of Islam towards both the people and the rulers. Men belonging to ulama have education in the Koran, the Sunna and Sharia.

The ulama has considerable power in many Muslim countries, but their influence on the society often depends on how strong the secular authorities are. In most cases the ulama cooperates with the rulers and plays often the role of defending, or silently accepting, the governments politics.

The ulama has great influence on most Muslims, but this influence is easily destroyed when the ulama loses its credibility. The credibility of the ulama depends very much on their level of independence; if there is too much cooperation with the rulers, people will turn away from the ulama to find their religious guidance somewhere else, resulting in an ulama without power. An ulama which do not cooperate at all with the governments will face suppression and economic difficulties. There are cases where the ulama has overthrown the governments, as it happened in 1979 in Iran.
The growth of modern state structures in the Muslim world have weakened the ulama. While the ulama under weak rulers practised many activities normally connected to a state, f.x. the juridical ones, the modern state have limited the range of activities of the ulama. Because of this, the modern ulama are more than ever spiritual leaders.

What better source to get a feel for the true nature of a religion than the words of it's scholars.
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 04:27 am
mesquite wrote:
dalahow2 wrote:
Thank you very much Mesquite ...

It seems to me that the scholars of Islam are heavily populated with the latter.

Quote:
"He is not crazy. He went in front of the media and confessed to being a Christian," said Hamidullah, chief cleric at Haji Yacob Mosque. "The government is scared of the international community. But the people will kill him if he is freed."

Raoulf, who is a member of the country's main Islamic organization, the Afghan Ulama Council, concurred. "The government is playing games. The people will not be fooled."

"Cut off his head!" he exclaimed, sitting in a courtyard outside Herati Mosque. "We will call on the people to pull him into pieces so there's nothing left."
Top Muslim clerics: Convert must die

Code:Thank you very much...Now see the chronology of events after The Christian Crusades against Islam...In the 12th Century where Christians were even killing babies and cutting trees...

Quote:
...NOW WHAT IS HAPPENING IN CHRISTIANITY SIDE?

First of all, I would like to start off by mentioning few world events that included a great deal of terrorism in it:

1- The Nazis and the Holocaust against the Jews was done by Hitler and the 60,000,000 German ROMAN CATHOLIC CHRISTIAN Nazis who followed him and died for his cause and ideas. The Nazis were not Muslims.

2- The Serbs in Yoguslavia and their massacures for more than 1,000,000 Muslims in Bosnia and lately in Kosovo. The Yoguslavian Serbs are 12,000,000 and they are GREEK ORTHODOX CHRISTIANS.

3- The massacures that happened in the Great land of United States of America against the Native Americans. More than 95% of the Native American population were massacures. They were literally shot everywhere they were found!. Ask any US History teacher and he would shed some light upon you regarding this subject. More than 90% of Americans are considered CHRISTIANS.

4- The Oklahoma City bombing happened by the CHRISTIAN CULTS group.

5- The use of "Uranium Bombs" by the American troops during the Gulf War against the Iraqi Civilians in Southern Iraq that infected thousands of civilians with the Uranium Radiation. I saw with my own eyes on the Arabic Satalite TV Channel (Al-Jazeerah) how Iraqi babies are born today with Uranium infections. If you see their pictures, you would cry.

Their faces look like they had been burnt. Several infected American and German and British Soldiers who were near Southern Iraq were herrased by their governments when they tried to speak up against the Barbaraic attack against the Iraqi civilians by the US forces, and the Western Media until today is rediculously trying to cover up for this BARBARAIC attack on civilians who did not have nor use the Uranium Bomb, which is equivelant to a small Atomic Bomb.

and Claim ISLAM is about Terrorism...
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sat 25 Mar, 2006 04:40 am
"Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?"
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 11:21 am
dalahow2 wrote:
mesquite wrote:
dalahow2 wrote:
Thank you very much Mesquite ...

First of all, I would like to start off by mentioning few world events that included a great deal of terrorism in it:

1- The Nazis and the Holocaust against the Jews was done by Hitler and the 60,000,000 German ROMAN CATHOLIC CHRISTIAN Nazis who followed him and died for his cause and ideas. The Nazis were not Muslims.

2- The Serbs in Yoguslavia and their massacures for more than 1,000,000 Muslims in Bosnia and lately in Kosovo. The Yoguslavian Serbs are 12,000,000 and they are GREEK ORTHODOX CHRISTIANS.

3- The massacures that happened in the Great land of United States of America against the Native Americans. More than 95% of the Native American population were massacures. They were literally shot everywhere they were found!. Ask any US History teacher and he would shed some light upon you regarding this subject. More than 90% of Americans are considered CHRISTIANS.

4- The Oklahoma City bombing happened by the CHRISTIAN CULTS group.

5- The use of "Uranium Bombs" by the American troops during the Gulf War against the Iraqi Civilians in Southern Iraq that infected thousands of civilians with the Uranium Radiation. I saw with my own eyes on the Arabic Satalite TV Channel (Al-Jazeerah) how Iraqi babies are born today with Uranium infections. If you see their pictures, you would cry.

Their faces look like they had been burnt. Several infected American and German and British Soldiers who were near Southern Iraq were herrased by their governments when they tried to speak up against the Barbaraic attack against the Iraqi civilians by the US forces, and the Western Media until today is rediculously trying to cover up for this BARBARAIC attack on civilians who did not have nor use the Uranium Bomb, which is equivelant to a small Atomic Bomb.

and Claim ISLAM is about Terrorism...

Thanks Doctor

Quote:
"Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?"

Smile Smile
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 09:22 pm
Doktor S wrote:

And yet you follow in Satan's footsteps; how ironic.

The likeness of those who disbelieve is that of someone who yells out to something which cannot hear - it is nothing but a cry and a call. Deaf - dumb - blind. They do not use their intellects. (Surat al-Baqara: 171)

They will say, 'If only we had really listened and used our intellect, we would not have been Companions of the Blaze.' (Surat al-Mulk: 10)

*They: you being one of them.
0 Replies

Doktor S

Reply Sun 2 Apr, 2006 11:56 pm
The half-witted ramblings of your toilet paper holy book mean nothing to me. I find it amusing that you continually quote it as if it means something.
And yet again, I don't believe in your silly boogyman, much less in his footsteps.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 01:31 pm
I wouldnt use it as toilet paper
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 04:44 pm
Doktor S wrote:
The half-witted ramblings of your toilet paper holy book mean nothing to me. I find it amusing that you continually quote it as if it means something.
And yet again, I don't believe in your silly boogyman, much less in his footsteps.

Even better! The more you mock, the greater punishment you will recieve on a day when the disbeliever says 'If only I were dust'. By then let's see who will be mocking who.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 04:45 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
Doktor S wrote:

And yet you follow in Satan's footsteps; how ironic.

The likeness of those who disbelieve is that of someone who yells out to something which cannot hear - it is nothing but a cry and a call. Deaf - dumb - blind. They do not use their intellects. (Surat al-Baqara: 171)

They will say, 'If only we had really listened and used our intellect, we would not have been Companions of the Blaze.' (Surat al-Mulk: 10)

*They: you being one of them.

Raul, how should an intelectual interpret this enlightening statement of your prophet?

Bukhari:Volume 4 Book 54 Number 516

"The Prophet said, 'If anyone rouses from sleep and performs ablution, he should wash his nose by putting water in it and then blow it out thrice because Satan has stayed in the upper part of his nose all the night.'"

How does this work? Does he get restless and move from nose to nose? Is he omnipresent and in many noses at once? How does he get in there? Does he like buggers? Is he partial to muslim noses?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 05:27 pm
Mesquite, I hear he does like buggers but that's a whole other topic.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 06:20 am
Quote:

The Prophet said, 'If anyone rouses from sleep and performs ablution, he should wash his nose by putting water in it and then blow it out thrice because Satan has stayed in the upper part of his nose all the night.'

Someone should start a thread on a2k entitled 'Stupid, False, Unpleasant and Downright Dangerous Sayings and Practices of the Prophet Mohammed and Islam'....but its been done already its called the Koran.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Tue 4 Apr, 2006 07:31 am
Here's a good place to look.

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/index.htm

To the right click on the topic your interested in.
0 Replies

Kratos

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 06:04 am
Proselytizing never seems to do very well at winning over people; especially when their arguments are based on silly works of fiction.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 06:09 am
Husker has just posted this. It seems to be relevent.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=72348&highlight=
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Wed 5 Apr, 2006 03:57 pm
Yes fresco, it appears very relevant.

Quote:
Women in Saudi Arabia, which adopts an austere interpretation of Islam, are not allowed to drive or even go to public places unaccompanied by a male relative.

Perhaps dalahow2 would like to tell us how such treatment of women is really all about respect and of course for their own good and protection.
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 07:46 am
DRIVE
mesquite wrote:

Quote:
Women in Saudi Arabia, which adopts an austere interpretation of Islam, are not allowed to drive or even go to public places unaccompanied by a male relative.

Perhaps dalahow2 would like to tell us how such treatment of women is really all about respect and of course for their own good and protection.

Yes,Let me explain..

I said several times, Islam which is a religion practiced almost the whole world has several ethinicities which have different cultures.For example a chinese muslim will have some cultural characteristics different from a latino muslim.

Now I point to you that Saudi Arabia has it's own culture.If they chose to do that from their own cultural understanding, then I think we need to treat that as their culture and not ISLAM.The same arab muslim women are allowed to drive in Dubai and in Somalia...

Quote:
Women in the neighbouring "United Arab Emirates" drive Lexus and Expensive Chevrolet cars" without any of their families around and are still muslims as their neighbouring Saudi Arabia..
"

Now tell me..

Why christians say about this...

" The birth of a daughter is a loss" (Ecclesiasticus 22:3)

does that mean you NEVER wish to see "daughters" being born..Infact a practise ISLAM outrightly denounced from the Quraan.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 6 Apr, 2006 06:01 pm
Re: DRIVE
dalahow2 wrote:
mesquite wrote:

Quote:

Yes,Let me explain..

I said several times, Islam which is a religion practiced almost the whole world has several ethinicities which have different cultures.For example a chinese muslim will have some cultural characteristics different from a latino muslim.

Now I point to you that Saudi Arabia has it's own culture.If they chose to do that from their own cultural understanding, then I think we need to treat that as their culture and not ISLAM.The same arab muslim women are allowed to drive in Dubai and in Somalia...

Yes, of course culture has an influence, and since Saudi Arabia was the birthplace of Islam, the seventh century Saudi culture is deeply ingrained into the religion.

The most important factor here is the degree to which different countries adopt Shariah law.

Quote:
How have various Muslim countries applied sharia?

Sharia, or Islamic law, influences the legal code in most Islamic countries, but the extent of its impact varies widely. Avowedly secular Turkey is at one extreme. It doesn't base its laws on the Quran, and some government-imposed rules--such as a ban on women's veils--are contrary to practices often understood as Islamic. At the devout end of the spectrum are the Islamic Republic of Iran, where mullahs are the ultimate authority, and Saudi Arabia, a monarchy where the Quran is considered the constitution. In 1959, Iraq modified its sharia-based family law system and became one of the Middle East's least religious states. Whether sharia should be more strictly applied in post-Saddam Hussein Iraq is one of the most divisive issues facing the transitional government.
http://www.cfr.org/publication.html?id=8034#1

Afghanistan under the Taliban provided a clear view of the ideal islamic life. The Taliban said their version of Islam was a pure one that followed a literal interpretation of the Koran.

dalahow2 wrote:
Now tell me..

Why christians say about this...

does that mean you NEVER wish to see "daughters" being born..Infact a practise ISLAM outrightly denounced from the Quraan.

As I am NOT here proselytizing Christianity as you are proselytizing Islam, your point is meaningless. I am not playing the "my fairytale is better than your fairytale" game.
0 Replies

dalahow2

Reply Fri 7 Apr, 2006 05:32 am
Re: DRIVE
Why do christians say about this...

does that mean you NEVER wish to see "daughters" being born..Infact a practise ISLAM outrightly denounced from the Quraan.[/quote]

As I am NOT here proselytizing Christianity as you are proselytizing Islam, your point is meaningless. I am not playing the "my fairytale is better than your fairytale" game.[/quote]

I think you should explain better why you mistreat women coz christianity was there before Islam..

If you knew about Islam, I think you will never talk about anything peculiar inconsistent with our worldly life...It is fact that Islam is very consistent with it's teachings than any other religion.Islam is fair to all parties..men/women..rich and poor...master/servant..and so on.

Infact Islam boast as being a "True definition of What Jesus and Mohamed (as) brought to this world"..

No wonder you see Everyone understanding Islam far much better than christianity.. Smile Smile
0 Replies