Stupid cigarettes! arggg!

tycoon

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 05:37 pm
Smokers are becoming pariahs, there is little doubt about that trend. For my part I wish peer pressure, rather than city-wide smoking bans in public and private businesses, would continue to push smokers to give up the habit. (Chai Tea's admonishments are ten times more effective than city council proclamations, IMO.)

Flushd, I'm glad to hear you had a positive day. I really have no further advice to help you, though I wish I did. I'm not sure when the smell of smoke became disagreeable to me, but I believe ex-smokers can detect the smell better than non-smokers. I quit before my wife did and recall smelling the residual smell of smoke on her several feet away.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 05:48 pm
I noticied something flushd, you said "we" smokers can come across that way.

Switch the mind set to "I'm a non-smoker"

Why do you become aware of the odor? Because you can finally smell it and you realize it STINKS!!!!

I can see the prettiest girl or woman, but if she gets near me and I smell smoke, I just can't think of her as attractive anymore.

IMO, she doesn't look as intelligent anymore either.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 05:48 pm
I mentioned a yoga book earlier. It was 1965 or so. No way I can recall the title.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 05:55 pm
squinney still smokes... I wish something would change her mind.... we're going to miss her when she dies young....
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 06:52 pm
Thanks for the input guys n' gals. Perhaps the mind will follow the behavior if I simply continue not smoking? Confused

It is true I still think of myself as a smoker..even though I'm not actually doing it...that's weird. I need to work on that: the mental aspect.

Hmm, well if Ms. Squinney ever decides to kick the habit, she will definetly have a lot of people 'having her back'. I know I would.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 07:00 pm
I just HAD to bump O'Bill's thread. It's 158 pages of quitting-smoking goodness.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 19 Apr, 2006 07:12 pm
My sister was a smoker as a teenager-- the kind that lit up and had a cup of black coffee with it for breakfast. She decided she would quit when she turned 30. She went to a hynotist and hasn't smoked since, and it's been a lot of years.
0 Replies