Input appreciated--(this is a low-drama post)

Gala

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 12:19 pm
Eva, dud is almost accurate, self-centered beyond redemption, with, *gasp*, a Christian bent.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 12:22 pm
Why on earth would you continue, then? (Not Christian, but "self-centered beyond redemption" -- blech.)
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 12:23 pm
chris2a, you got that right, about his being the sole navigator in whatever has passed between us so far.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 12:54 pm
By "a Christian bent"...Do you mean a touch of self-righteousness? Thinks he's slightly superior?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 01:17 pm
Gala wrote:
Some little trigger in me registered t something wasn't right about that.

There's your answer right there.

If your gut is telling you something/anything isn't right....it isn't.

move on. you've only seen him once, and don't care for him.....cut your loses.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 01:22 pm
Gala wrote:

Quote:
Noddy, I don't think they're generic posts-- an interesting thought though. There is, like, no way this guy has got a harem somewhere.

I'm thinking more of Assembly Line Courtship. Egoists assume one size fits all.

After all, he could be a man who wants a harem.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 01:55 pm
Lash wrote:
Showing his virility....

Able to climb mountains ....

That's sorta sad.

You know what you have to do....

A younger, more self-assured guy is waiting to nab you.

Whoa whoa whoa there lashy-poo….my husbands 12 years older than me, and you'd never catch him trying to climb a mountain in front of me….he's smart, he'd stay behind me so he could watch MY butt!

Gala, I don't know your age, but since you mentioned an age difference, here is the chai tea approved method for weeding out the duds.

If you meet a younger guy, he might be really great, in that case, he'll be a great guy the rest of his life.

A young guy may also be a real jerk, but it's too soon to tell if he's going to grow out of that. Some actually do.

When a man get to be 40, if he's a jerk, he's always been a jerk and he always will be one, and you don't need to waste your time. If he's great, either he was always great, or grew up and left his jerkitude days behind.

I decided I didn't want to hook up with a jerk with the hopes he'd be fine by 40. So, I targeted the great guys who were at least that age.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:02 pm
Chai Tea wrote:

my husbands 12 years older than me, and you'd never catch him trying to climb a mountain in front of me….

Wasn't down on old guys in general. Just that one. There doesn't seem to be enough of your husband to go around. :wink:

I thought she'd prefer a younger guy, so I added that.

Of course, as with everything, all old guys aren't mountain racers. Laughing
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:08 pm
Yeah Phoenix, you have a point. Sozobe too (why on earth...). I'm going to group my answer with the two of you-- Despite my gut instinct, I try to ask myself if I'm tossing the thing out too soon. Also, I hadn't articulated any of this until today-- once you have a forum to basically air your instincts the whole thing comes together. I didn't want to have the doubts, I dint, I dint, but hell, the doubts have been mulling around my gut for a week or so now... he's annoying.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:35 pm
Ain't this a wunnerful place?!

Think of all the time you've saved!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:38 pm
Chai, I agree. My husband would be following the girl up the mountain, looking at HER butt. Our husbands must be a lot alike. Um.... Yours isn't about 6'2", thin, long-legged, with dark brown hair and a mustache, IS HE?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 02:45 pm
Eva wrote:
Chai, I agree. My husband would be following the girl up the mountain, looking at HER butt. Our husbands must be a lot alike. Um.... Yours isn't about 6'2", thin, long-legged, with dark brown hair and a mustache, IS HE?

Shocked

does he call that thingie you screw into a lamp a "laht bub"?

he does, he does, doesn't he?
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:23 pm
Eva wrote:
By "a Christian bent"...Do you mean a touch of self-righteousness? Thinks he's slightly superior?

Well, this ties in with the chattiness-- he talks about some pastor who is connected with some of the work he does and I can make neither hide nor hair of what he is talking about. And, he said I have a "holy" curiosity, which, again, I haven't a clue. And, he wrote about some Christian retreat/living commune type place he lived in years ago, apparently, everyone was in pain so that's why they flocked there.

I think the touch of self-righteousness comes from his diagnosing/analyzing my behavior in emails after one meeting.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:25 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Gala wrote:

Quote:
Noddy, I don't think they're generic posts-- an interesting thought though. There is, like, no way this guy has got a harem somewhere.

I'm thinking more of Assembly Line Courtship. Egoists assume one size fits all.

After all, he could be a man who wants a harem.

Noddy, he might want a harem, but he doesn't have the social skills to acquire one.

Egoist, yes.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:27 pm
Eva wrote:
Ain't this a wunnerful place?!

Think of all the time you've saved!

Eva, indeed, much mental energy saved, which equals much time saved.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:28 pm
[quote="Chai Tea]
Gala, I don't know your age, but since you mentioned an age difference, here is the chai tea approved method for weeding out the duds.

If you meet a younger guy, he might be really great, in that case, he'll be a great guy the rest of his life.

A young guy may also be a real jerk, but it's too soon to tell if he's going to grow out of that. Some actually do.

When a man get to be 40, if he's a jerk, he's always been a jerk and he always will be one, and you don't need to waste your time. If he's great, either he was always great, or grew up and left his jerkitude days behind.

I decided I didn't want to hook up with a jerk with the hopes he'd be fine by 40. So, I targeted the great guys who were at least that age.[/quote]

Thanks for the chai tea approved method-- it's worth a print out to be posted on the fridge.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:41 pm
Chai Tea wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa there lashy-poo….

Lashy-poo? Lashy-poo!
Mercy Goodness.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:44 pm
Laughing

That caught Lashy-poo's attention, too.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 07:47 pm
Heh heh heh.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 13 Mar, 2006 09:09 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Eva wrote:

Shocked

does he call that thingie you screw into a lamp a "laht bub"?

he does, he does, doesn't he?

No, he says "laht bulb." Whew, we're safe.
You had me going there for a minute.
0 Replies