THE NEW CAT ROOM! (or the Cat Room #2)

msolga

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 06:45 pm
margo wrote:
msolga wrote:
A veritable feast of exquisite tabbies! Thoughtful ones, playful ones, licking ones .... All so beautiful! Very Happy That's it! I'm gonna trade Ms Poppy in on a tabby! (That should smarten her right up! :wink: ): Very Happy

Yeah! Right! Didn't you note a bit back that you have one of the great cats of the world living with you!? Rolling Eyes

I did indeed, but .... :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 07:03 pm
margo wrote:
msolga wrote:
A veritable feast of exquisite tabbies! Thoughtful ones, playful ones, licking ones .... All so beautiful! Very Happy That's it! I'm gonna trade Ms Poppy in on a tabby! (That should smarten her right up! :wink: ): Very Happy

Yeah! Right! Didn't you note a bit back that you have one of the great cats of the world living with you!? Rolling Eyes

I fear some quick clarification is required at this point, in case I receive any further disapproving posts! Shocked

Just joshing folks! Ms Poppy aint going anywhere! Furthermore, anyone who even considers taking her anywhere will find themselves with broken knee caps, OK? Evil or Very Mad :wink:

I hope that clears things up? Very Happy
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 07:39 pm
When I have bad Possum-days - you know, toys everywhere, nagging, falling over him, clawed legs at 5am, I tell him I'm going to swap him for a goldfish -who doesn't do any of those things.

He just looks at me strangely. He knows his position is fairly secure!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 03:23 am
Yeah, a goldfish is so not cuddly! And the cats know it!

While typing this, I looked up and I can see into the bathroom from the computer desk, the door is open and Nisse sits in the bathtub watching me. I can see only his ears and his eyes. He is so funny! A goldfish couldn't do that, either!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 06:54 am
OK, after much study, we have decided that Lou is an American Shorthair.

Cool. That was hard.

He's also a pretty nice cat, but he doesn't like laps, and hates snow.

[img]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k51/cjhsa/WinterSpring2007017.jpg[/IMG]
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 07:00 am
Aw, let him inside! Sad
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 03:27 pm
The poor kitty in all that snow!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 07:26 pm
urs53 wrote:
Yeah, a goldfish is so not cuddly! And the cats know it!

While typing this, I looked up and I can see into the bathroom from the computer desk, the door is open and Nisse sits in the bathtub watching me. I can see only his ears and his eyes. He is so funny! A goldfish couldn't do that, either!

Yes - I have to admit - a cat that makes you laugh, as Possum does regularly, is a tad hard to resist!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 09:16 pm
Question: Can cats & dogs communicate with each other? (Not joking, I'm serious) The reason I ask is because I see Poppy, my cat & Oscar (next door's Jack Russell) spending oodles of time, sort of in each other's company. They sit on their own sides of the dividing fence & appear to be very aware of what each other is up to .
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 08:06 am
When a deer grows up in the woods, it learns to speak the langauge of the forest, which is a concerto of sound.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 05:35 pm
Sometimes you surprise me, cjhsa.
That was quite poetic! Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 05:39 pm
Thank you.

When I go out in the woods, hiking, scouting, fishing, hunting, whatever, one thing I listen to is the birds, they help me.

A recent addition to the Michigan landscape are coyotes. They have their own, bone chilling, dead of night sound.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 05:47 pm
A pleasure.

I (being a city person) love the (very) early morning sounds of the birds. When everything is very still & everyone is still asleep. Best time of the day! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 01:01 am
However, I'm still wondering about this:

msolga wrote:
Question: Can cats & dogs communicate with each other? (Not joking, I'm serious) The reason I ask is because I see Poppy, my cat & Oscar (next door's Jack Russell) spending oodles of time, sort of in each other's company. They sit on their own sides of the dividing fence & appear to be very aware of what each other is up to .
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 07:38 am
That was what I was trying to say. I do believe they can.

I've had dogs, cats, and birds as pets. The birds were by far the most vocal. While the dogs would usually greet you enthusiasticaly but without much barking, and Lou will come see me when I get home, the birds would just go nuts at the sound of the car in the driveway. You could hear them down the street (cockatiels).

Unfortunately my wife lost both of our cockatiels though we tried to keep them clipped. Louis didn't help matters with the last one.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 08:29 am
Hello all and meow! The now 14 yr old Siamese is doing well....he has a mast cell tumor on his eyelid that has not metastasized and he can still open his eyelid without problems...Suchot is his name and we call him Shu-Shu. Coco and Fergus, the double trouble brother and sister are more fun than ever now that they are almost 2. The do have a penchant for chewing plastic ,string and ribbon from packages. Very dangerous habits! Any ideas besides hiding everything?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 11:36 pm
cjhsa wrote:
That was what I was trying to say. I do believe they can.

Well I hope you're right, cjhsa.

Those 2 poor Jack Russells next door are never walked by their owners. I feel very sorry for them &quite pissed off at their owners. So if my cat & Oscar have formed a sort of friendship through/under the fence, then that pleases me.
I've often noticed Poppy sitting on her side of the fence, appearing to be very attentive to small sounds from Oscar, on the other side. Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 11:52 pm
Vietnamnurse wrote:
Hello all and meow! The now 14 yr old Siamese is doing well....he has a mast cell tumor on his eyelid that has not metastasized and he can still open his eyelid without problems...Suchot is his name and we call him Shu-Shu. Coco and Fergus, the double trouble brother and sister are more fun than ever now that they are almost 2. The do have a penchant for chewing plastic ,string and ribbon from packages. Very dangerous habits! Any ideas besides hiding everything?

Hello & meow right back to you, Diane! Very Happy

What to do with Coco and Fergus? Enjoy their antics! And put the antique china pieces (etc!) away for a wee bit! Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 07:49 am
Can the cat come out to play? No? What about the dog?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/chrisir/MtLion.jpg
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 11:28 am
msolga wrote:
Question: Can cats & dogs communicate with each other? .

I tend to think so...and more than just the i sniff your but you sniff mine kind of way.

I have had cats and other animals seem to do a lot of communicating by just watching what they do. In fact my cat Nugget and our snake Lissi do the exact same thing you are talking about with the dog next door.

Nugget will sit next to Lissi's tank and they will both get right up to the glass and "talk". It is rather interesting to watch. There is nothing vocal, but as you watch it becomes quite clear that something is passing between the two.

Nuggets ears twitch as if she hears things that I can not and Lissi becomes very...amiable? It is hard to describe. Looking at them you get an instant feeling of two girlfriends sharing a bit of gossip.

I don't know...some people might think I'm a bit off, but I have had far to many animals do far to many things that were supposed to be impossible for me to not believe.
0 Replies