THE NEW CAT ROOM! (or the Cat Room #2)

bigdice67

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 08:49 am
Yeah, talking 'bout Nisse... and being graceful.
That cat of ours has a new habit... whenever I take my seat in the morning to do my business in the bathroom, Nisse likes to lay down between my feet, in my DRAWERS!!!! Ok, he warms my feet, but still! Crazy dude, if y'all ask me.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 20 Dec, 2007 11:37 am
Just last night we were talking about how Lou didn't seem to be going after the Christmas tree. He seemed to prefer sleeping underneath it on the skirt. On cue he walked in, went over to the tree and swatted an ornament across the room.

What a little ****. I knew he knows what we are saying but not that well.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 04:19 pm
Lou sounds like a cute little terror!
Ours were a bit confused having 2 humans at home the whole day, and it wasn't a normal weekend! Four days in a row, too much good for them.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 12:14 am
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/Gigipix/Cape%20Cod/2007dec01.jpg

Happy New Year!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 05:53 am
Happy New Year back to you, Screech!

(Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Beautiful! Very Happy )
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 07:36 am
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k51/cjhsa/Winter07-08011.jpg
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 07:55 am
And a happy new year to Lou, too!

(Keep them coming, folks! Very Happy )
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 11:57 am
Is Lou coming out of a box?
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 12:01 pm
Don't they all just love boxes? I got a little cardboard house for Christmas for Nisse and Mysan. Nisse likes to sleep in there.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 08:56 pm
msolga wrote:
(Keep them coming, folks! Very Happy )

nudge, nudge ... wink, wink! :wink:
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 09:00 pm
Nekochan does a doubletake at Miss
Mollie's table manners -- such as eating
with her hands, while reclining, shown here:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/nekonomad/nekonomad688A.jpg

Miss Mollie was a neighborhood cat who decided to move.

She showed up at our front door back in June, shortly after Max's family gave us the sad
news of his passing away, asking to be let inside in a very vocal manner. Once in,she didn't want to
go back home. Her owner didn't mind our adopting her.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 09:11 pm
I see Nekochan's point, neko! Mollie's table manners leave something to be desired! Is she casual, or what? Laughing
That was very good of you to take her in, though it sounds like you didn't have much choice in the matter!
The plight of older animals whose owners have died wrenches at my heart. Sad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 09:14 pm
Almost forgot!

Happy new year nekochan & Mollie! (I wouldn't want them to feel left out! :wink: )
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 09:34 pm
Miss Mollie's so likeable-- outgoing,assertive,and resourceful,and fits in on her terms. The vet figures she's almost one year old. At first I wondered if she was too trusting for her own good, but now I see her demeanor as being very confident. She does become very wary of the stranger in the house, such as the handyman showing up for an odd job.
Of course, I see to it that Nekochan's seniority is respected, so there's a remarkable degree of harmony among the three of them. Nekochan is the house matron, a foster mother, if you may, and Mitsu is the wallflower stepsister, keeping to herself as usual.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 10:06 pm
Interesting the dynamics of the situation, neko. Everyone knows where they stand! That's great. I have seen "pecking order" fights go on & on when new critters are introduced to an existing situation. Sometimes they're never satisfactorily resolved.

My Poppy was (in the vet's assessment) 3 years old when I adopted her from the cat shelter. She seemed to me to have had a home before, because being in a house & around people was not at all a difficult thing for her to adjust to ... AFTER a big freak out at being confined in a new place! I also think she lived off her wits & on the streets for a bit. That's how she found herself in the shelter - someone caught her after a number of attempts & brought her in. Anyway, I doubt that she would take at all kindly to the introduction of another cat here, unlike your cats. Her reaction to other cats on her territory is not at all obliging! But she became a super loyal, obliging, affectionate cat in no time! I'm certain that cats needing the security of a good home understand their part of the bargain very well indeed. And they oblige & adapt to you in the best possible way! Gosh, they're smart!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 07:54 am
littlek wrote:
Is Lou coming out of a box?

He LOVES boxes. Yesterday he clawed open a closed box and stuffed himself inside. Knowing he was play hunting, I took one of his mouse toys and rubbed catnip all over it, then rolled it past him. He flew out of there like a cat possessed, and wrestled with that mouse for 20 minutes.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 05:37 pm
avast mateys...where be them brown skin beauties?...AWWWK

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4613/mike2sf3.png
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 06:17 pm
That's not a CAT, panzade! Laughing

(Lovely to see you here, anyway! Very Happy)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 06:18 pm
... & a happy new year to the boid! Very Happy
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 09:57 am
Miss Molly won't sit still long enough
for a posed picture.
Got her while she was helping with the changing
of bed linen this morning.

She's a heart stealer, as you can see: