Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 05:56 pm
Awwww....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 10:55 pm
neko nomad wrote:
She's a heart stealer, as you can see:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/nekonomad/nekonomad689A.jpg

Not only has she stolen littlek's heart, but she's stolen mine, too, neko! Very Happy
But then, I'm a pushover! :wink:

She also appears to have stolen the bed!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 07:44 am
So ... that's it with the cat pics? Sad
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 10:42 am
This one's for you, Msolga-- Nekochan had decided to
join in give her apprentice Miss Mollie some pointers on
supervising the laundry boy. Before she became a member of
the Nomad household, Miss Mollie was known in the neighborhood
as Puss n' Boots. I can safely say that she's one happy cat...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/nekonomad/nekonomad695A.jpg

Picture links to a larger one.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 07:00 pm
Oh I think you could safely say she's a happy cat, neko! Very Happy
Two extremely happy cats! Very Happy

Thank you for obliging me.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 10:28 pm
Someone disturbed Possum's rest!

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2763/p9270144wk1.th.jpg
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 10:31 pm
Yeah. With a flash bulb.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 11:20 pm
margo wrote:
Someone disturbed Possum's rest!

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2763/p9270144wk1.th.jpg

Oh no! :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 05:51 pm
This morning I noticed that the small hole (which I've tried unsuccessfully to block off )down my side lane, which one of next door's Jack Russells (Oscar) had been digging, is now turning into a BIG hole! He can actually get his snout under & into my yard now. I have often noticed Poppy sitting on her side of the fence, calmly watching Oscar trying to burrow in. I think she finds it very entertaining. I just hope, that when he does eventually get in that she's she alert enough not to be monstered by him. (Who know what damage a Jack Russell in full attack mode can actually do? Shocked :wink:)
I wish my bloody neighbours would occasionally walk Oscar & Ollie! Poor things, they must be bored stupid, being confined to a yard all the time.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 06:02 pm
I couldn't get my usual cat litter the other day...only clay, and "clumping" clay, at that, was available.

This stuff is weird!!!!

The wee forms kind of free-form meteorite type shapes....and it really DOES lift out in clumps.

The problem is what to DO with them.

I ended up wrapping up the lot I picked out last night in kitchen paper and put them in the kitchen waste bin!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 06:37 pm
I keep a large zip-lock plastic bag next to the litter box and put the clumps in there. When it's full, I throw the whole thing away. Keeps the smell down, too.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 06:40 pm
Eva wrote:
I keep a large zip-lock plastic bag next to the litter box and put the clumps in there. When it's full, I throw the whole thing away. Keeps the smell down, too.

That's a good idea...except I want to cut down on plastic.

I'll see how the kitchen thingy goes.....the clumps don't seem to smell?

But I'll keep that as a fall back, thank you.
0 Replies

MsT26

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 12:27 am
Hey guys, it's been awhile, I know. However, wanted to share this with you.

Paddy has been an indoor cat for 4 years, he's afraid of his own shadow, he's not adventuresome at all, at least I thought.

Since we moved back in July 07, we are now in a nice, small condo. complex which is all fenced in the back area. There's not many places Paddy can get into trouble, so I decided to let him roam, supervised, of course, by me. I did that for two weeks, you would think all his birthdays came at once ... he was overwhelmed with all the chamelions to catch and bring in to the house (yikes). At first he was funny walking on the grass, he sort of lifted his paws first and laid them down slowly ... the people next door have small rock gardens, so Paddy tried to avoid the rocks by walking on their porch tracks, so that was funny to see. My neighbor also has a huge cat called Ichabod, so we decided I would let Paddy out on weekends and she would allow Ichabod out during the week. Somehow that got screwed up today. I was watching out the door, saw Paddy and Ichabod approach each other, they stopped dead in their tracks, then lunged at each other, then flipped thru the air .... well I need not tell you I screamed at Paddy to stop, my neighbors came running out to grab Ichabod, and told me not to worry, they will get used to each other and adapt ... I sure hope so!

Paddy is totally different since I have allowed him outside ... he's not so needy now, and I'm less worried he'll climb the fence, right!!! Like that would happen, he's afraid of his own shadow and never climbs anything.
One never knows though, they are still animals and tend to get distracted.

Here are some pictures:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/MistiErin/AVeryHappyPaddycuzhesoutside004Smal.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/MistiErin/AVeryHappyPaddycuzhesoutside002Smal.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/MistiErin/AVeryHappyPaddycuzhesoutside006Smal.jpg
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 01:18 am
MsT26 wrote:
...My neighbor also has a huge cat called Ichabod, so we decided I would let Paddy out on weekends and she would allow Ichabod out during the week. Somehow that got screwed up today. I was watching out the door, saw Paddy and Ichabod approach each other, they stopped dead in their tracks, then lunged at each other, then flipped thru the air .... well I need not tell you I screamed at Paddy to stop, my neighbors came running out to grab Ichabod, and told me not to worry, they will get used to each other and adapt ... I sure hope so!

Shocked Oh I hope so, too, Misti!
They're both boys, right? Hmmmmmm .... you & your neighbour might have to stick to the alternate day thing if this continues .... But I certainly hope it doesn't!

Anyway, lovely to see you here again!
And I love the photographs! Very Happy
That first one, exploring the many mysteries of the great outdoors is just delightful! He looks so innocent.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 01:19 am
Jeez

He's a big pussy, isn't he?
Almost makes Possum look sleek - almost, but not really! Confused
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 01:25 am
margo wrote:
Almost makes Possum look sleek - almost, but not really! Confused

Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 01:50 am
In that picture, Paddy looks exactly like Spooky.

My cats have been indoor/outdoor cats since the middle of last year. I worry, but their personalities are much better. Okay, Spooky stays in since it turned cold, but Nermal still gets out.

Once Paddy decides the yard is too restrictive, he is going to learn to climb that fence of yours. Just thought you might want to know that.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 02:02 am
Hi Roger

Could you fill me in, please. Of the cats that were missing, there's still one who didn't return? I've forgotten the details, sorry ...
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 10:52 am
Hello Misty! Good to see you here. And Paddy looks lovely. I am sure he has a great time outdoors. I wish we had the chance to let Nisse and Mysan experience some grass and butterflies. But not right in the middle of Balingen... No grass here...
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Sun 13 Jan, 2008 11:17 am
Havent you guys got tied of talking abt pussies?????

I have.... Twisted Evil
0 Replies