THE NEW CAT ROOM! (or the Cat Room #2)

msolga

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 01:44 am
Ooooooooooooooooh, look! A big, chunky ginger tabby!

Hi there, Misti! Sounds like things are really good right now for you & Mr P! Very Happy
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 02:11 pm
Paddy looks very happy misti Smile are you sharing with your sister? and how is Rae?

4 cats? wow! - snakes and venomous critters is something we don't have to worry about thank heavens - it must be really distressing to lose a cat that way Sad

aaaah of course mspoppy misses you Smile

Rosie always races to meet me when I come in if I've been away from early and come home late. Otherwise she takes her time! She definitely knows the car and definitely misses me - even if she's like mspoppy and dozes and does her own thing most of the time.

Youngest daughter was over for the weekend and she definitely seemed to remember that she was the one who helped her get home when she was lost - she was far friendlier than she'd ever been to her Smile
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2007 03:05 am
I'm always amazed how Possum (and indeed previous cats!) remember people, even someone he hasn't seen for a couple of years. Possum is usually quite frightened of new people, especially children, but he'll come and say hello if he hears a voice he knows. I think we've worked out that you have to visit about 6 or so times before he considers you someone to talk to. Otherwise you won't see him at all. Cool
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2007 11:07 am
Very Happy

My daughters poor cat is feeling very lost because of the new baby - she's not at all sure about him and they are so tired as he's awake a lot at night that she isn't getting the attention she's used to Sad She is still able to wowl at full volume when it's mealtime though, so isn't fading away Smile I hope it all settles soon for everyone's sake - daughter is looking exhausted.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 06:14 am
And I guess you must be rather exhausted, too, Vivien? Been putting in a bit of time there?

Poor confused pussycat, poor tired daughter, poor sleep deprived everyone. Sad
0 Replies

MsT26

Reply Fri 14 Sep, 2007 11:50 pm
Hi Vivien, congratulations on being a grandma, appropriately named!

Just to update, as I haven't read all of the previous posts, so no offense anyone.

We are loving our new digs! Paddy is especially happy ... he keeps watch on the porch for invaders and practically spends most of the night out there, since it's not as hot as daytime!

You are going to think I'm absolutely mad, but I bought him a wood cabinet litter box which is gorgeous because you would never know what it was intended for. He loves it because it's big and roomy and he doesn't feel restricted as he did before! (I know, woe is me, and I'm not spoiled!)

Anyway, I was coming in the front door the other day, what do you think runs out in front of me as I went to open the door? A garden snake! My sister-in-law Freda wasn't scared, she just wanted to take a picture of it, and since it was long gone, she was out of luck!

I'm enjoying the wildlife as much as Paddy is, so if I'm fast enough with the camera, you will get pictures.

Hope all is well with you and yours!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 9 Oct, 2007 09:33 am
Just catching up with everything Smile

We've come back from holiday - the cats stayed with my parents. Paddy just settled in and got on with life and swore at any cats who came into their garden from the windowsill!

Rosie blotted her copybook with my Dad by refusing to have anything to do with him by day and swearing, hissing and lashing out at him if he went near ...... but come the evening she wanted to play and she'd wear him out!!!! but then if he tried to make friends, a hissing spitting fiend again. Embarrassed No manners at all!

I got a very loving welcome home and she's been very cuddly - I expect it'll wear off as the holiday gets further back in time and she gets used to being home.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 10 Oct, 2007 07:23 am
Welcome back, Vivien! I was wondering where you'd gotten to! Very Happy
0 Replies

MsT26

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2007 09:43 pm
Hey all!

Just got home from a lovely dinner out with Rae and my sister. Rae was asking for you all and sends her best regards.

Paddy is in his glory with all the wildlife around here! When we sit on the porch at night, he runs up and down as if he sees something and is trying to catch it. However, this "something" is invisible to us!

My sister goes ballistic when Paddy catches a (poor thing) chameleon and brings it inside for us to see, she screams for me to come and get it and Paddy just sits looking very proud of himself as the wild hunter!

I don't think he ever realized how much fun he was missing until he came here, and that makes me very happy!

Hope you and your beloved critters are in the best of health and enjoying whatever season you're in!

Hugs, Misti
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2007 10:33 am
Misti, that sounds great. Were do you live now? Is Paddy allowed outside?

And how is Rae? I miss her - tell her that, yes?

Nisse and Mysan are fine. We are going on vacation for a couple of days next week. My neighbour is ready for some catsitting and will no doubt spoil the two. I am very happy with that Laughing
0 Replies

MsT26

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 10:01 pm
Urs, I will tell Rae! She is doing great thank God, much better since they put the stent in her heart! She is working and enjoying life once again.

Hope you enjoy your vacation girl! Where are you off too? I'm sure your neighbor is looking forward to taking care of your kitties ... you are very fortunate to have her!

I also am grateful I have Rae to look after Paddy when I leave, because I know he's in good hands!

Say hi to Stefan!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2007 02:34 am
Hi Misty! We went to Austria for a couple of days. The cats were very relaxed when we returned. And our neighbour said they behaved very well - aside from throwing up on the very first day Laughing

Good to hear you and Rae are doing so well!

At my Tai Chi class last night I talked to a lady who is working with others to set up a network of cat owners who are willing to catsit for each other. That's a good idea, I think! I'll ask her for more details next week.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 11:38 pm
urs53 wrote:
At my Tai Chi class last night I talked to a lady who is working with others to set up a network of cat owners who are willing to catsit for each other. That's a good idea, I think! I'll ask her for more details next week.

That's a brilliant idea, urs! Especially if you all live close to each other. I'd much prefer an arrangement like that to putting my cat into a cattery while I'm away. She hates it & frets! Sad
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 11:49 pm
Here I was, thinking I was Ms Poppy's sole companion... & feeling very guilty for being away from home for unreasonable reasons like work!

I was talking to a new-ish neighbour today & she tells me that Poppy is one of a group of about ten cats who visit her yard each day to chew the fat & generally hang around basking in the sun.

Surprised

"But she's always in my front yard, waiting for me when I return home", I blurted.
"That's because she knows when you come home!" she replied.

So my Poppy has a secret social life!

I'm so relieved my neighbour is so accommodating about her visits, but I'm so surprised!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 04:25 am
Ten cats! She does have a secret social life! Laughing How funny!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2007 04:42 am
msolga wrote:
Here I was, thinking I was Ms Poppy's sole companion... & feeling very guilty for being away from home for unreasonable reasons like work!

I was talking to a new-ish neighbour today & she tells me that Poppy is one of a group of about ten cats who visit her yard each day to chew the fat & generally hang around basking in the sun.

Surprised

"But she's always in my front yard, waiting for me when I return home", I blurted.
"That's because she knows when you come home!" she replied.

So my Poppy has a secret social life!

I'm so relieved my neighbour is so accommodating about her visits, but I'm so surprised!

Love it.

They are full of secrets, aren' they?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 01:07 am
dlowan wrote:
They are full of secrets, aren' they?

So it seems!

Today (cold & very wet ( Very Happy Surprised ) in Melbourne) she was exactly where I left her 6 hours ago (sleeping on my bed) when I got home.

But what had she really been up to, hmmmmm?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 01:09 am
urs53 wrote:
Ten cats! She does have a secret social life! Laughing How funny!

Do you think indoor cats have secret lives, urs? Things that would totally surprise you, if you knew?
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 4 Nov, 2007 10:34 am
Well, msolga, they have to to creative but I really don't doubt it. They do have their nap times and that can take hours. But then again... I just know there must something else!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2007 07:40 am
urs53 wrote:
... I just know there must something else!

Absolutely, urs!
No matter how innocent & sleepy they look on your return, they've been up to something, I'll bet you!
Cats are such sneaks! Laughing
0 Replies