margo

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 03:46 pm
quincy
Laughing

Good to see you again, Vivien!
0 Replies

Quincy

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 02:14 pm
Hi margo! BTW is that ur kitty in ur avy? Looks like s/he's seen some catnip!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 02:39 pm
Quincy Laughing
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 05:18 pm
Quincy wrote:
Hi margo! BTW is that ur kitty in ur avy? Looks like s/he's seen some catnip!

G'day Quincy
My avatar is the manager of my household, Possum-cat! He's an 8-year-old, who takes no crap!

I follow the guidelines, or I bleed Confused

Catnip - I don't think so - he hasn't put it on my shopping list
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 03:11 pm
Laughing

catnip only excites ours for a very short time and then they look slightly embarrassed about being so silly and try to pretend they weren't interested anyway

My daughter had her first baby by emergency caesarian on Monday Smile

both doing well and poor new Dad running back and forth to hospital - they are allowed to visit all day where she lives.

So I am now a Nan Smile to a little boy - Shocked a boy? - football? trains? Shocked hang on I only know about little girls!!! making them rag dolls and stuff - eeek! this'll be a learning curve!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 05:58 pm
Wonderful news, Nana Vivien! (what are you going to be called?)

I hope all are thriving.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 30 Aug, 2007 05:12 am
Vivien wrote:
So I am now a Nan Smile to a little boy - Shocked a boy? - football? trains? Shocked hang on I only know about little girls!!! making them rag dolls and stuff - eeek! this'll be a learning curve!

Very Happy

Congratulations, Vivien!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 07:05 pm
Vivien wrote:
how is mspoppy? tolerating the heating system yet?

I just saw this question from an earlier post of yours, Vivien. (I've been extremely busy & my concentration hasn't been the best, I suppose .. :wink: )
In a nutshell, no: she hasn't gotten used to it. She cringes when she hears it, then bolts outside. Always. <sigh> But I have gotten used to wearing many layers of clothing on chilly days! Rolling Eyes Thank god, it's the first day of spring & there'll be warmer weather soon!

Last night I noticed that the thought of dinner was not the only thing that caused her wild excitement on my return home. (I've been working more & so am away from home more often at the moment.) OK, so I fed her immediately I got inside (she can be very noisy!) but she only ate a bit & followed me around instead, meowing noisily. Turns out she wanted lots of pats & attention more than the food. She missed me! Aw, isn't that nice? Very Happy
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 07:12 pm
She's used to you being around! Food briefly then attention required!

I once had a cat wo decided that her time with me was as soon as I got home from work. As soon as I pulled up in front of the house, there she was, jumped up onto the roof of the car for a cuddle and a yarn. She did this rain, hail or shine, and regardless of the time I got home.
she was the boss-cat and the otheres never approached at her time.

I missed her so much after she died from snake bite - but never more than as I got out of the car each night.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 07:26 pm
This was the last critter before his highness, the possum cat? And you had other cats at the time, margo? (For some reason I saw you as a one girl/one critter person.)

Yes, Poppy probably does miss me being here less, though really, often I don't see her for hours at a time. Like right now she's having a very late sleep-in! Rolling Eyes Other times, on warm days, she'll spend hours outside sleeping in her various hidey-holes, or watching the world go by from the house roof. She likes doing that - a pretty independent cat, really. So this recent change of behaviour comes as something of a surprise. Like last week, as I was getting out of my car out front (after a fairly short period away) she came out & sat in the middle of the footpath - making the most ungodly racket! Made my next-door neighbour laugh, she was so raucous & insistent. Then she happily followed me inside, where she'd probably been happily sleeping for most of the afternoon on my bed!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 07:34 pm
This was 2 cats ago! Floosie (she liked men!) was a great hunter - and I lived on the outskirts of Sydney, so plenty to hunt - including the brown snake that killed her! She was one of about 4 cats at the time, but surely the boss cat! The others died off - (another to snake bite) so, by the time I'd moved to the inner suburbs, I was a one-cat household, and it's stayed that way for 15 years.

Possum's favourite time is Saturday morning. (how on earth does he know?) There's absolutely no sleeping in on Saturdays - despite the fact that I usually play tennis until quite late on Friday night. As soon as it starts to get light - GET UP! He doesn't leave me alone until I'm out of bed. Feed, then attention, playing, treats, sitting on me - whatever he can think of. Aaarrrrgggghhhh!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 07:45 pm
Ah, now I remember some of your stories about this legendary cat, from your earlier postings, margo. And the brown snake episode. (How horrible!) But to call such a noble critter Floosie, honestly! Was that right, I ask you? :wink:
It's hard to believe one ever managed a 4 cat household, isn't it? Yeah, I did the same (admittedly with a bit of assistance) till fairly recently. Still, I really loved it at the time, though I felt a bit like a patting machine! Laughing

I'm smiling at the thought of Possum's Saturday mornings. I can picture the scene! Ha, he probably plots the activities all week! Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 07:56 pm
Awww.....my beloved Phoebe was a car greeter.....had to be careful where I parked to avoid having her run across the road!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 08:17 pm
dlowan wrote:
Awww.....my beloved Phoebe was a car greeter.....had to be careful where I parked to avoid having her run across the road!

Awww! Very Happy

I know you don't have favourites, Deb - but I sort of got the impression in the past that you had an enormous fondness for Phoebe. Lovely, isn't it, when a critter is so thrilled that you're home? And it's not just about the food!

Reminds me of when he-who-will remained-unmentionable ( :wink: ) & I had our four. Our home-comings were wild! The feline menagerie would go particularly crazy at the sound of my bright yellow VW, which they could hear approaching from about a mile from home! Laughing On my/our actual arrival, all mayhem would break loose! One cat would be doing frenzied "cat sharpening" things to a tree in the street, another would rush up & sharpen it's claws with great gusto on my/his shoes, another would run up & down the house side-drive ... & poor Polly (who was a little slow) would rush to the back of the house, to the door, meowing to be let in. (All the rest of us entered through the front door, but Polly never worked that out! :wink:)
The home-coming experience was exhausting & overwhelming, though, I can tell you! We often wondered what the neighbours thought. Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 08:44 pm
That's hilarious!!!!

The neighbours probably thought it was better than the telly!

I DO have a favourite, and that is, indeed, Phoebe.

She was just the sweetest, smartest cat I have ever met.

Sadly, she seems to be a once in a lifetime find, because no other cat has come near her.

I love them and all, for THEIR qualities, but Phoebe was extra special.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 31 Aug, 2007 09:02 pm
dlowan wrote:
That's hilarious!!!!

The neighbours probably thought it was better than the telly!

I DO have a favourite, and that is, indeed, Phoebe.

She was just the sweetest, smartest cat I have ever met.

Sadly, she seems to be a once in a lifetime find, because no other cat has come near her.

I love them and all, for THEIR qualities, but Phoebe was extra special.

The neighbours probably figured that all of us (including the cats) were quite mad & "on drugs", Deb! Laughing Well, you know ....

Yes, I'd noted your huge fondness & admiration for Phoebe, from earlier posts here. One of the very special, never to be replaced critters, that one! But of course, as you say, we do love them all. Gosh they're lucky to have crossed our paths, our cats! Very Happy
0 Replies

MsT26

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 11:30 pm
Hey guys!

I've read some of the earlier posts to catch up, and realized I've really been remiss about updating.

We finally (today) got it all together as we had to pick up my sister-in-law at Sanford airport, so we had no choice than to finish up last night.

I think Paddy is loving his new surroundings, it is on the ground floor with lots of trees and bushes and chamelions to catch. He watches and waits, and most of the night he waits on the porch to keep vigil whereas he used to sleep most of the night on my bed:(

We just love our new place and I plan on NEVER moving again!
0 Replies

MsT26

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 11:38 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/MistiErin/Paddywatchingbug.jpg
0 Replies

MsT26

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 11:43 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/MistiErin/Paddyofcourse.jpg

Keeping watch!
0 Replies