THE NEW CAT ROOM! (or the Cat Room #2)

cjhsa

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 07:31 am
Lou came home late last night - scared me a little. Then this AM he apparently got upset when I didn't get up at 5:00 to let him out so he threw everything off my nightstand. Something's up.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 01:49 pm
I thought you all would like this:

Cat talking
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 07:24 am
urs53 wrote:
What? No news from all the cats? I hope this means they are all doing well.

I just weighed Nisse and Mysan. Mysan weighs about 9 pounds and Nisse about 15 pounds. He is big!

Hello there, urs, Nisse and Mysan! (oh & bigdice, too! :wink:)

Cat news? Let me think ....

I'm afraid Ms Poppy might have to go on a wee diet. I haven't weighed her lately, but she, like your Nisse, is looking well .... rather big! Or a little rotund, perhaps? It's the cold weather & the winter hungers, I'm afraid ....
But, on the credit side, I now have her on a more balanced diet (quite an achievement on my part!) & she'll now eat dried, tinned & raw foods. Now all I need to do is persuade her that she needs less of all of them! Very Happy
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:21 am
A diet for Nisse - an impossible thought!! I could probably not sleep at all any more.

Francis, the talking cats are great. I am pretty sure I could get Nisse to say hello.

Here is the latest addition to our big cat family. My brother adopted a second kitty. His name is Link.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL169/1054782/2913827/271230416.jpg
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:30 am
Update on the saga of Cleo and Dash and George and Joe...

Me and Cheryl Moved into our new apartment on 7/31 - her with her Cleo and Dash, and me with my George and Joe. We've been fretting for months about how they would fare when they actually got under the same roof.

Well, things could be a lot worse, I imagine. There's been an amazing amount of "live and let live" going on. A lot of hissing and still a lot of smelling each others' bums, but there are times when the unfamiliar cats are reposed in very close proximity to each other, with no untoward occurance. Joe and Cleo just last night were eating from cat dishes that are right next to each other.

Don't get me wrong - there still might be some jockeying for dominance coming up, and I'm not expecting "happily-ever-after" to happen right away. We still close them away from each other at night, and on the occasion that both of us has to be away from the house for any length of time. Their time mixing together is still supervised, so far.

But I plan on posting some pictures of the progress my cat menagerie is making some time soon.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 09:38 am
snood, that sounds very good. Of course they will need some time but they seem to be doing great. I can't wait for the pictures.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 10:23 am
pardon the poor quality...I was in a hurry

Comet has a condo

We had aquired a file cabinet and it was sitting in the foyer with one drawer out...and Comet moved in. It's right by the front door so she can greet the people going in and out by sitting on the roof. Then she climbs into bed in the lower drawer when she wants to...catnap

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/3348/cometcondo001ps2.th.jpg

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2370/cometcondo002hk5.th.jpg
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2007 03:34 pm
They just take over, don't they, Panzade? That's a nice place Comet chose.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 08:34 am
like Helen says: It's their house, they just let us live here Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 06:24 am
Urs, I just noticed Link's paws & feet. He's going to be a big cat! Very Happy

... & Comet has extra-big ears, Panzade! Very Happy
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 05:10 pm
Dante protecting Fred from the world;
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1263/1120293692_68fabc1b47.jpg
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Wed 15 Aug, 2007 08:49 am
Dante is doing a very good job there!

msolga, yes, that's what I thought, too. Big big feet! In the ten days that he has been living with my brother's family now he has already gotten bigger.

Panzade, don't I know it....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 16 Aug, 2007 01:46 am
Last night, for some unknown reason, I could get only half of the "Fred" photograph .... the half without Fred. Tonight I got the lot! Now I'm wondering: Is Fred happy with Dante sitting on top of his home? .... I'm not sure, but he looks a wee bit uncomfortable, perhaps?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2007 10:26 am
..... no, on closer observation, Fred appears to be preoccupied by something to his left. As is Dante. It's probably Diane. Very Happy
0 Replies

MsT26

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 11:19 pm
Happy to see all is well in reading your posts. I haven't been here for quite some time, life is busy since we moved and we're still not settled. We're getting there, but still lots to do.

Paddy seems to be adjusting well to his new surroundings, especially since we're on the gound floor, there's lots of chamelions to entertain him and he wants to play with them, but you all know how that goes. There are trees outside where the chamelions seem to roost and mate, most of the time Paddy tries to get at them, but he can't seem to, thank heavens!

One evening my niece, husband and two year old child were visiting. After they left, I noticed Paddy wasn't around, I started calling him, searching, nothing. I went out on the porch and noticed the door had been left open ... I called "Paddy" and in he saunters meowing ... that was his first experience with the outside. Now, as soon as I open the door, he wants to go out! He's had a taste of freedom and wants more of it, but I don't feel safe letting him out, especially since he's been declawed ( Sad ), and I don't trust that he would not wander off. The back is fenced in, however what cat can't climb a fence?

Meantime, I think Paddy is as happy with this move as I am:)
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 03:02 am
Hi Misti, good to hear you are doing fine and so is Paddy. Where do you live now?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 03:15 am
Lovely to see you here again, Misti! Very Happy

You've moved house? And Paddy got out! And he wants to go out again!

I hope all is peace & calm & very settled in your household by now. (You should read Roger's thread about members of his feline menagerie & similar experiences.)
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 10:09 am
Hi - I've been really busy lately with paintings for 2 galleries so not a lot of surfing time.

Misti - are you still sharing with your sister or are you on your own now?

Ours are loving the warm weather and are toasting in the sun. Paddy still has a mission to decimate the mouse population - who knew there were so many mice in the area? and Rosie watches fascinated but clueless!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 04:39 am
I was wondering where you'd gotten to, Vivien. Nice to see you here again, if only fleetingly. Good luck with the exhibitions!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2007 12:58 pm
thanks Smile

I've been horribly busy and it continues Sad and the 2 monsters don't do anything exciting at the moment - eat, sleep, decimate the mouse population .....

mind you the kind of excitement we had when her ladyship got lost I can live without Evil or Very Mad

Paddy is so efficient and light footed - when he jumps onto the fence he floats up and lands like thistledown - when madame does there's a kerthunk! (and sometimes a bit of a scrabble as well Twisted Evil )

how is mspoppy? tolerating the heating system yet?

Dante is absolutely beautiful.
0 Replies