THE NEW CAT ROOM! (or the Cat Room #2)

Vivien

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 01:46 am
aaaaah little furry hot water bottles, lovely Smile

Paddy is the same as mspoppy - the rain doesn't seem to worry him - he likes to be out and about and sometimes comes in really wet - and unlike our other cats who were very grateful, he HATES you drying him off with an old towel - he flies at the sight of it!

Summer forgot to arrive this year. I feel sorry for those on holiday here Sad

We've booked a place right on the beach, just a couple of miles away from where I lived as a child, for later in the year. I've wanted to stay there for a long time - it looks out west so we'll see the sun set over the sea from our windows or walking on the beach, which I love Smile

webcam of the beach and pretty much the view we'll get here

I'm hoping it'll be weather fit to paint - this mornings webcam is covered in moisture and misty
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 06:31 am
We're at the beach too - hot here - a very nice summer so far. Lou is on the prowl - he loves the beach and the tall dune grass to hunt in. I wonder why 9-Lives doesn't make a "bunny heads in blood sauce" flavor?

A view not far from here.

http://ghsteelheaders.com/live/readImage.asp?dummy=
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 07:30 am
urs53 wrote:
We have the heat on here in Germany, too, msolga. Summer.... hmpf.... It's good that I have Nisse and Mysan at night for some warmth!

Gosh, some summer, hey, urs? Very strange.

These critters do have some useful purposes! :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 07:42 am
Enjoyed the webcam, Vivien.
Cornwall! Sounds lovely, even if the weather is a bit blustery. Great for some moody beach-scapes & long walks!

About these cats who enjoy being out in the elements: I guess they have a bit of a wild streak in them, still? Poppy far prefers being out there than in, even on a miserable day like today. She would make a hopeless indoor-all-the-time apartment cat!
She doesn't like being dried off, either.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 7 Jul, 2007 07:46 am
cjhsa, looks like you're the only one enjoying decent weather at the moment. I like the look of where you're staying. Nice.
That Lou certainly does get around! Very Happy
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 03:59 am
Vivien, nice weather at your beach now! I hope it will stay like that for you.

We have some sunshine today but it is supposed to be cold and rainy next week. Oh well, I am looking forward to four days in Italy in August.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 8 Jul, 2007 07:36 am
we've got sunshine today as well Urs - I do hope it's nice when we go - I don't want hot, just warm and pleasant with passing clouds - I like some clouds, the light on the landscape is more interesting and the skies are more interesting too Smile and the beach did look lovely - sigh - wish I was there now.

Yes msolga I'm pretty sure Paddy had been feral - he'd cope quite efficiently if we upped and left him, he'd feed himself and find another warm place to sleep without any fuss!

How Rosie would have survived I just can't imagine - such a big baby!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2007 07:46 am
The rest of July is supposed to be warm and dry. Should be great times on Lake Michigan as the water has (finally) warmed to 71 degrees.

Lou, however, hasn't been doing so well. Apparently he got into something last Friday that really knocked him for a loop. Listless, lost look in his eyes, no energy or appetite, warm nose... then last night I got him to eat and this morning his appetite is fully back. We did deworm him a few days ago with praziquantel, but I suspect he got hurt, unsure how, and sick on top of that. Now, rested and worm free, he seems to be back on track, which will save me a vet bill.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 01:39 am
Get well quickly, Lou! Very Happy

(& watch what you eat!)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 07:30 am
He went to the vet anyway. Got his booster shots. They said he seemed fine - nothing obviously wrong with him. He just got sick like people do. He was a brave kitty and didn't hurt anybody - thankfully!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 10:46 am
Vivien wrote:
aaaaah little furry hot water bottles, lovely Smile

Paddy is the same as mspoppy - the rain doesn't seem to worry him - he likes to be out and about and sometimes comes in really wet - and unlike our other cats who were very grateful, he HATES you drying him off with an old towel - he flies at the sight of it!

Summer forgot to arrive this year. I feel sorry for those on holiday here Sad

We've booked a place right on the beach, just a couple of miles away from where I lived as a child, for later in the year. I've wanted to stay there for a long time - it looks out west so we'll see the sun set over the sea from our windows or walking on the beach, which I love Smile

webcam of the beach and pretty much the view we'll get here

I'm hoping it'll be weather fit to paint - this mornings webcam is covered in moisture and misty
know it well vivien. Regularly stay at St Columb. Walk or cycle to Mawgan Porth, stop at the merry moor then walk over to Watergate Bay. Not eaten a Jamie's place yet, its always full.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 11:07 am
Here's Lou, telling us how appreciative he is that we took him to the vet to get three shots and get a cold thermometer stuck up his butt.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k51/cjhsa/louisfinger.gif
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 03:58 am
Very Happy Well can you blame him?
Ah well, all over for another year!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 05:40 am
Weird, Lou didn't appear this morning. He's usually more accurate than my alarm clock.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 05:44 am
Uhoh!

Nah, he'll be home. This happens from time to time. Then they kind of casually saunter in, just when you're totally distraught & frantic!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 02:25 am
So .....?

Lou?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 05:49 am
I think he went into an aqueduct. He's back, but there's something in that drain pipe that really piques his curiousity. When we get some much needed rain and the ensuing flash flood washes him out of there, I doubt he will ever venture in there again.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 01:16 pm
Steve small world Very Happy - we lived in St Mawgan, at Winsor farm, for about a year and did that walk often (me on little 4 year old legs Smile ) - then we moved to St Eval. (Evval to those who thinks it's eeval!!!!) We rented half the farm house .

I love Cornwall. I need a break. One place I teach continues all year so I'm not 'off' for the summer Sad but I am on half my normal hours (and pay)

Rosie is loving the sunshine we had today, Paddy has just sauntered off to find some mice to play with Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 02:33 am
cjhsa wrote:
I think he went into an aqueduct. He's back, but there's something in that drain pipe that really piques his curiousity. When we get some much needed rain and the ensuing flash flood washes him out of there, I doubt he will ever venture in there again.

Glad the Lou cat returned!
And I, too, hope he stays out of the aqueduct.
There could be rats (shudder) in there. That would definitely make a cat curious!
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2007 07:11 am
What? No news from all the cats? I hope this means they are all doing well.

I just weighed Nisse and Mysan. Mysan weighs about 9 pounds and Nisse about 15 pounds. He is big!
0 Replies