THE NEW CAT ROOM! (or the Cat Room #2)

msolga

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 10:54 pm
You know, VN/Diane, I've never seen Dr Billinghurst's products advertised or sold anywhere around these parts ... not at vet's surgeries, on TV or at pet shops. Interesting, considering he's an Australian, hey?
I imagine those products are pretty expensive, yes?

Thank you for explaining what "green tripe" is. Interesting.
I must say, you (& your vet) take your animals' diets very, very seriously. I imagine all your pets are in peak condition! Very Happy

Fergus and Coco sound beautiful! Can I tell you're crazy about them? Well, a wee bit!:wink: I remember (I think) you had some trouble posting photographs before, but if it's possible I'd love to see them!

You sound like you've really got your hands full at your place! Critters & children everywhere! Not a dull moment! I hope you manage to find a bit of time for yourself in your busy days.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 05:23 am
Olga...Dr. Ian Billinghurst doesn't sell food, he has written several books that you can look up on the Internet. The first was "The BARF Diet:...Raw Feeding For Dogs and Cats Using Evolutionary Principles. I recommend another book by Kymythy R. Schultze, a nutritionist here in the US. Her book is entitled "Natural Nutrition for Dogs and Cats"...The Ultimate Diet. Neither sells food, they just tell you how to do it. I use Nature's Variety patties that come in Rabbit, Venison, chicken/turkey, and beef. The patties include all the nutrients they need, but I also feed Bravo raw products...rabbit especially, chicken wings, green tripe, yoghurt, raw egg occasionally, and when I make a salad the dogs love the lettuce hearts, bell pepper, etc.

If you Google raw diets you can come up with what is available in Oz...not sure what you can get there, but since Dr. Billinghurst is from there...I am certain you can come up with something!

I love the Innova Evo kibble the cats eat...they are so healthy and sleek. After losing two cats to kidney disease and immuno deficiency most likely connected to the Science Diet....I am impressed.

The diets are more expensive...but the animals are really healthy.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 05:43 am
Ooops! My misunderstanding, Diane. I just assumed that if he had theories & recommendations on nutrition for animals that there would also be a line of products available. OK then, I'll get into a bit of Googling. (BTW I'm finding it quite a challenge to get my cat (Poppy) to eat raw anything. (currently providing her with chicken wings, red meat, etc) She eats a bit, but is not too keen. I wonder what sort of eating habits she had before I adopted her? (at around 3 years old.)
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2007 06:55 am
Olga, they have to be started as kittens with raw. Unfortunately, they will imprint very early on what was fed to them. The gal who gave me the kittens is the dealer where I get the Bravo rabbit and Nature's variety and Evo dry. She gave them everything when they were weaned so they accept new foods readily. Your cat is already too old at 3 to change his habits!! I am lucky to have known this gal...she had a pregnant Persian just come to her door the day of delivery. She had been out on her own for some time and really was needy. Debbie gave her a home and cleaned her up and the babies all got homes. The mother is gorgeous...as are the kittens.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 06:39 am
I've had a wee bit of success (in the raw food dramas), Diane. The trick is to give her (Poppy) a bit of what she likes & also a bit of raw meat (steak or chicken wing). When there's not too much of either, she's starting to oblige!

I really admire folk like your friend, Debbie. What a good thing to do for that pregnant cat! She'll have a loyal friend for the life of that cat! Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 08:01 am
Today Lou moves to his new house. We took him over there the other day to get a feel for the place. He went out and sat in the car.

Have you ever seen a cat go sit in car? I swear he thinks he's a dog. I call him and he comes running like a hound.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 03:27 am
...probably afraid you'll shoot him is he doesn't behave...
Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 06:11 am
If you shoot a cat with a rifle, they do a backflip before expiring.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 06:36 am
Stop it, cjhsa. You're being silly. Post a recent photograph of Lou instead. At least he's handsome.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 07:20 am
Ya' never tease your cat? Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 07:23 am
Not with weapons.

Where's that photograph?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 07:25 am
Not even a squirtgun or laser pointer? Best cat toys ever. Wink

I only have older pics of Lou. You've seen them all.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 07:27 am
An old one will do.
He's beautiful.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 07:30 am
http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0SAC*Di0WZjCgG8tRdrvA3qGnGfqkUx5E7dv6ycy!2ylleh6Efn5traXOYKwgRp6S0IvqyHgU!1G4WF8UPHgIIH7zH6ABMgCPruSv6nF3oogAAAAAAAAAAA/Louis003.jpg

He's a lot bigger now, very lean and muscular. The ruler of all he surveys.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2007 07:32 am
Very Happy

Tell your son he's done a fine job with Lou!
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2007 11:15 am
Funny cats video
Funny cats video:

http://www.glumbert.com/media/lolcats
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Mon 30 Apr, 2007 02:25 pm
Thanks Rae and msolga for the good wishes for Rosie - she's fine. She was terrified at the vet and I felt like Attila the Hun for leaving her there for the op.

She really understood that we'd done it to make her better though and was very loving when we got home . She made a great recovery.

She'll look a lot better when the bald patch on her back grows back though - it looks like a monk's tonsure!

She's loving the spring weather and sits blinking happily in the sunshine.

Himself has an old coffee table for sawing wood etc and she sat there toasting so we couldn't move it

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/vivien/erosieenjoyingthesun.jpg
0 Replies

neko nomad

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 07:23 pm
It seems as though whenever Chip Munk feels
like playing hide-and-seek,

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UAD1DiIY8t6iptFMS4JjwIBjfbdVrA0292XZn*V*EnqAHEaBQsevacXCo8*OrDdfoIyRKMQ!Pa1r!XPFFncepzWt!CEXt7SCZmpdRAbjVdJz8PufWuM0HniC9Q4EcPUO/nekonomad598A.JPG

Neko Chan isn't around.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UAA!D4MY1faiptFMS4JjwCcT5RbKr5QdoBc*jo7U5UpANHZwu4AuCqMZCo!ugOb1Waeb!zOf5NjfvujGsaIKtGQ*91l6GtFRtuenHFFz8sAFLDYgPzaDUHiCPg8EcD4P/nekonomad599A.jpg
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 2 May, 2007 10:25 pm
Ah, two ravishing female tabbies!: Vivien's Rosie & Neko's Neko Chan!

Let's face it folks, female felines are the best & the most beautiful!
All you minders of boy cats eat your hearts out! My completely objective opinion!:wink:

Vivien

I'm delighted to hear (& see!) that Rosie is much improved! Lovely to see her enjoying the warm weather! Very Happy

Neko

Neko Chan is clearly not meeting her (chipmunk scaring) obligations!
You will have to speak very sternly to her about duty, I fear! :wink:
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 3 May, 2007 11:00 am
Msolga, I do agree that the girl cats are very cute. We have a beautiful little tabby ourselves as you probably know. But her brother Nisse is a very good looking fellow, too!
0 Replies